• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Kaltia_Atlas

Records and how to change them?

Kaltia_Atlas

So im not sure where to put this topic, so if it needs to be moved, feel free.

I was just doing some minor research on doing a gender marker and name change. I was born in Indiana, but live in North Carolina. 

Do i have to follow Indiana gender and name chance policies or do i follow North Carolina policies? 

The Indiana policies require state id and filing with the court in the county you live in. Does this mean i file here in NC for the Indiana change?

Or do i file in NC even though i was not born here?

Should i seek a lawyers help on these matters?

Hugz ❤️

Kali

Susan R

I was born in Washington State and now reside in Washington state so my ID and legal document changes were relatively simple. Everything was done in the state of my residency (WA) the name change more specifically in my county of my residency (Snohomish County). My birth certificate was done here in Washington too but that would’ve been the only document that I would’ve had to file out of state if I was born out of state.  In your case that will likely end up being Indiana.

Here is a good resource to search this info in case you haven’t seen it.

https://transequality.org/documents/state/north-carolina

https://transequality.org/documents/state/indiana

These ID and document changes are pretty straight forward but a lawyer is always an option but overkill if you do a little research. You can always call your county courthouse to get the details for the name change.

Most (if not all by now) State DMV’s are linked to your Social Security so if you change your drivers license you‘ll need to change your SS ID card/info within 30 days. When I did my driver’s license and SS last year, I needed a letter from my PCP which stated, “Susan Rxxxxx has received the appropriate clinical treatment for the new gender of female“ which is no longer required in our state for a DL but is still required for a gender change on your Social Security account.  I did name change, drivers lic., and SS all before noon on the same day. It was very fast.

I changed all my Passport and Birth Certificates if you need that info..it should be located within those URL’s though. if not, feel free to PM me if you have any trouble.

Best of Luck,

Susan R🌷

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 95 Guests (See full list)

• SaraAW
    • SophiaK
    • Courtney
    • JJ
    • LittleRed
    • ElizabethStar
    • Liam da potato
    • Cyndee
    • Susan R
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Dinaki
    • Jackie C.
    • gender-dysphoric
    • Shawn Michelle
    • MaryMary
    • Astrid
    • Erikka
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Rorelai
    Newest Member
    Rorelai

1. Freyer
      Freyer
      (49 years old)
    • Courtney
      I haven't liked my birthday for several years now (so it's not just because we're in the middle of a global pandemic), but yesterday was especially rough.  A quick recap for those who haven't read my intro. post, I've been living invisibly for the past 13 years and became visible to my spouse 8 years ago.  She is extremely unaccepting of me being transgender.    But I digress, she decided to take the day off of work yesterday, even though she knows that I didn't want to recognize or acknowledge the day in any form or fashion.   I got sick yesterday from a weekend cookout, so that didn't help my mood.  During some of my complaining about an unwanted social media post that she made earlier in the day I said to her, "you know I hate my birthday."  At that point she got completely into my personal space (which isn't something you do to someone feeling under the weather) and asked, "why do you hate your birthday? I want more..."     That got me thinking.  She should know why, but then this is just her denial surfacing again.  If I really told her why I hate my birthday, would she accept it and respect my wishes.  Probably not...  The answer is, I hate my birthday because right now it recognizes someone who I am not.  It doesn't celebrate my authentic being.  When I become visible to my beloved family and friends who support and accept me for who I am, then I will look forward to my birthday every year.  Until then, mum's the word.   Thanks for listening, Courtney
    • SaraAW
      Hi Alayna, beautiful name. I thought my family would initial reject me, they surprised the heck out of me and are fully accepting. I too have not come out at work. I work in safety & security for a private company and while I think my employer and most of my colleagues would be accepting, I worry what it could do to my ability for employment outside of my current company. I now permanently work from home, instead of our corporate offices, so it has bought me quite a bit of time before I need to come out to them. I wish you the best of luck in your journey and hope you don't have to wait too much longer.
    • gender-dysphoric
      @Tori M and @Chrysalis thanks! i've definitely been feeling better even since yesterday though when i started to realize that i really have very few of the same experiences of detransitioners and that i don't need to have all the answers—honetsly, now i'm happy enough with my transition for the moment, so i'll let myself live a little more.
    • Jackie C.
      It's also a water pill. I don't really MISS being on it, but I lost twenty pounds of water weight while I was on it. I do miss being 178 pounds. 😋   Also, I don't miss the extra "up to pee" moments in the dead of night.   Hugs!
    • Astrid
      That's Finasteride.  My doctor made the same recommendation    Hugs,   Astrid 
    • MaryMary
      It's something to discuss with your endo. Mine said that sometimes (probably rarely?) it increase libido a little when you are a transgender woman post op. So, I took it for a couple of months but in my opinion it did nothing noticeable. I'm always in the clan of people who like to take the less medications  possible so I no longer take it.
    • Tessa
      I will soon start working at my retail job. I’m already Tessa at my bank job. I told my retail manager I also want to be Tessa. Now I’m out at both jobs plus my apt complex managers know. I got a hair cut more shaped like a girls. The man who did my hair cut now knows to. I hate wearing shorts because of my skinny hairless legs. I shave them but very little hair grows anyway. I have been brave wearing my mini skirts in my car and on my patio. Why is being authentic so important? Why can’t I just not worry and let people think what they want. If I was in my dream world I would wear mini skirts and dresses and all woman’s apparel all the time. Doing my nails was huge for me!    Tessa
    • ElizabethStar
      Thank you Willow. It’s sad but very true. I love it. 💕
    • Erikka
      I am on Estradiol Valerate and Spironolactone. Is there any advantage to also taking progesterone
    • Dinaki
      Follow me   Amanda Lear was born with a name Alain and became a muse of Salvador Dali. She was a very good friend of April Ashley until Ashley came out to the world before her surgery. Amanda then decided to go separe ways with April afraid that she may tell the press that her friend had some dirty laundry.   Even today, Amanda Lear refuses to tell the world that she had a sex change in Casablanca and that she was born as Alain.   Here it is little about Amanda Lear always hiding herself behind her finger.
    • SaraAW
      It certainly has been powerful as of late. Now that some of the social media companies are enforcing their policies a little better, the platforms are becoming a little less problematic.  Still have quite some ways to go to silence the bigots and their hate speech though.
    • Tessa
      Mmindy at least she’s trying. My Ex didn’t know about Tessa until after we divorced. I still don’t know why she hates me so much. She refused counseling and that led up to a horrific battle that cost me my children for a year and coming back from that was incredibly hard! We only had 13 years in.    Your wife must love you to want to work things out! Sounds like a miracle story to me!    Keep talking and the fact that she let you hold her shows she still wants your love. My wife gave up all physical attention and would refuse me. I couldn’t touch her. There’s hope to save your marriage!  Stay the course. If you love each other than love will find a way!    Hugs and kisses🥰   Tessa   
    • Mmindy
      Hello Rami, I'm 63 and Jackie Rabbit also sent me here. I know I'm a few days late with the welcome, life gets busy and I've had a lot of ups and downs this past month.   Hugs and thank you for sharing your story,   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • SaraAW
      Thanks for sharing more of your story. I am sure there are plenty here will relate to parts. I know it was the 3rd time my wife questioned me before I finally admitted it to her.
    • Dinaki
      Beautiful voice Sade has, thank you for sharing her with us all here.   This is a Greek dance and song called Zorba The Greek and I wanted it to share with you. At the beginning of the clip, the Acropolis is to view. Enjoy it, Greece I love you, and soon I will come to my land (hopefully)
  • Upcoming Events