• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Other side of the mirror

TTheta

Okay I know I am not the only one who has peeked at themselves in the mirror and totally didn't recognize themselves. In my case earlier today I was on tending to my plant, I was working on my desk and on my desk was a small mirror. I had cut my hair this morning and when I glanced into the mirror, I saw a guy, but like an actual guy, it was me but I looked so much like an actual dude. Of course I was stoked about this and wanted to share my little bit of happiness. This also reminded me of one of my favorite memories like this one. 

I went to the state fair with my family and we were walking around the place where people sold products indoors, well tent-like indoors. My stepmom wanted to look at jewlery and the place also had coins so I tagged along. They also had these giant mirrors (Which I didn't know) and at the time I was wearing my Naruto merch. (Specifically my Kakashi shirt) and I saw someone wearing the same shirt as me, so being the extrovert that I was I kinda reached my hand out and said "Hey, I like your shirt!" It took me a whole minute to realize I was talking to myself. I recently cut my hair around this time too. I gave myself and others a good laugh so it was worth the embarrassment. 

I too am seeing Shawna more then Shawn while in my wig  even without makeup now.  Its a wonderful feeling too.

Now when my wig comes off is a different story and I get quite upset over it at times.  But I know eventually this too will go away as I let estrogen fill in the blanks.

Recently been watching this tech news channel on youtube. And the host looks like me, except he has a well groomed face hair but long hair exactly like mine. Makes me kinda feel less dysphoria bout my face.

Ever since I was young, my mom use to joke bout how much I looked like my younger brother. Didn't care for the joke, but me and my brother other than gender differences we practically look like twins, except he's a darker skin tone and a bit taller for obvious reasons.

Hehe it happened to me too when I first cutted my hair, didn't know I was trans at this time, but even if it last 2 sec it felt great! ^^

Totally relatable hehe

This happened to me a few months back. My hair just got to the length of my shoulders, obscuring my neck and shoulders. My biceps have atrophied fron avoiding hard manual labor work. I walked by a window in a dim lit room around twilight and saw the hazy reflection of a girl in the window. It was me! I see her in the mirror now too. It feels so magical when you finally start to see it...

~Toni

Yesterday we were out and in our area we are still wearing masks.  I was also wearing goggles.  My hair has gotten longer and my upper body has atrophied a bit and looking at myself in the mirror, I was like omg I so come off as female.  I’m not pursuing social transition at this point so I’m (trying to?) present male.   It’s something I’ve had to put a lot of effort into over the course of my life.  Anyway yesterday I totally got the sense I was coming off more female.  The longer hair, the body language I have always had a tougher time controlling and the mask just all combined together.  

??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 151 Guests (See full list)

• Mmindy
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • phys
    • Charlize
    • KymmieL
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Chaidoesart
    Newest Member
    Chaidoesart

1. **Angela Charlotte **
      **Angela Charlotte **
    2. Carlie
      Carlie
      (63 years old)
    3. Cbxshawn
      Cbxshawn
      (49 years old)
    4. HannahO
      HannahO
      (31 years old)
    5. JustKatie
      JustKatie
      (40 years old)
    • Charlize
      It certainly could be classed as dark humor.  Unfortunately the sentiments alone must hurt young trans folks.  Decency and reality doesn't seem to be in the GOP's vocabulary.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Mmindy
      Good morning all,    It’s a frosty morning here the lawn looks silvery, and the uncovered spring flowers have icy edges on their leaves. The only flower bed I covered was my tulips. As nice as it is here during the day, our clear wind free nights allow the temperatures to drop into the mid twenties. Here in our growing zone it’s recommended that you not plant delicate plants until Mother’s Day. Central Indiana can have snow as late as the third week of May. The birds are active at the feeders, I’ve had my cup of yoghurt and morning meds. So I’ll sit here, drink coffee and watch the as the sunrise chases the frost from the yard.    @awkward-yet-sweet I could eat black eyed peas as a side for every meal. Boil them plain or with fatback. Served as a leftover, just add in a little Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.  Make the best of your day,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
    • Mirrabooka
      I hope y'all look at this one. A catchy tune released at the end of Covid lockdown. Scarlett is so cute!!!     
    • Heather Shay
    • Mirrabooka
    • Mirrabooka
      Had a weird dream last night.
    • Mirrabooka
      Morning, y'all. Evening here; we had the regulation three mugs full today. Now it's time to drink something else.     No big plans here either, eldest daughter and granddaughter will be arriving on Saturday, and we will have our granddaughter to ourselves for a week after that. We still have plans though. Tuesday we'll go to the swim center, Wednesday we'll take a road trip to visit my mom, Thursday we'll get some mulch delivered to top up the gardens.   I still make other small plans on a daily basis though. The things I do plan nowadays, which is a bit new for me, is that after pinching a nerve and ending up in a bit of pain and getting some treatment from the physio, I am more motivated than ever to exercise more regularly. Tuesday for example, I went for a short (15 minute) early morning walk, went to the pool for some hydrotherapy, and mowed the lawns. Yesterday I did my exercise reps and spent some time on the exercise bike. Today, I went for a 45-minute walk, tomorrow I will do my reps again and go for a long bike ride. As long as I do at least one thing every day, right? The pleasing thing is that I'm losing weight! I blew out to above 95kg early in the year and I'm just under 91kg now. Yay me!
    • Heather Shay
      What one piece of advice would you give to beginning transitioners or considering transition?
    • Heather Shay
      Positive side of the mixed bag.
    • Heather Shay
      Boredom is an emotional state that comes when a person has nothing to do, and is not interested in anything. To stop boredom, most people do something to occupy or amuse themselves. The first known use of the word boredom is in the novel Bleak House by Charles Dickens, written in 1852, but the saying to be a bore had been used to mean "to be tiresome or dull" since 1768. When referring to the mind, boredom is a bad state in which the person feels a deep lack of interest in what is going on around them, and where it is hard to focus.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Mirrabooka
      ^ Your story gives inspiration to others.
    • April Marie
      Growing stronger and confident every day.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.