• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A. Dillon

It has taken months for my dad and I to reach an agreement, but he is finally letting me change my name! Before he was still very iffy about my middle name being Dillon, and was only ok with Andy but not Andrew. He is still not ok with Andrew, but he gave me the option to have my name be... A. Dillon! Legitimately, my first name will be A. I am still super happy though, I won't have to deal with a first name that I don't like and can tell people the A stands for Andrew, and most of all Dillon is my legal name! Honestly, I kinda prefer this option, there will be no question of whether to call me by my first or middle name - I only have one! I am getting ready right now, I get to leave after he finishes up a work call and I am getting my man on! Compression shirt, my favorite pair of boxers, packer, binder, and this green work shirt that is so soft and comfy I could wear it as pajamas. I will be the real me, legally, for the first time in my life. Wish me luck!

Officially,

A. Dillon

Jackie C.

Luck! I'd been going by my chosen name for what seemed like ages before I got the legal stuff handled. I was still floating on a cloud the day I got it done.

Hugs!

Mx.Drago

🎉🥳 YAY! Congratulations!

A. Dillon

Well, that was interesting. Because of coronavirus, no one was allowed in the court house so we had to fill out all the paperwork in the courtyard. We were writing on uneven benches while kneeling on the ground, in the 87 degree weather with long jeans, made all the worse by my compression shirt and binder. In the end though, we were able to file the paperwork, it will be changed officially in the next couple weeks! We have to post it in the newspaper and wait for 2 weeks to see if anyone objects. The reason I will be changing it, gender dysphoria, so I am intrigued to see if I get any transphobes knocking on my door telling me how I am going to hell. 

Jackie C.

You needed to use an actual newspaper?

Here it just needed to be in the Legal News (read by lawyers and literally nobody else) and no reason needed to be given. I had to give a reason in my initial paperwork, but the newspaper thing was more of a "heads up." They made me do it a month before my court date too. Different states, different standards.

Hugs!

Aidan5

Any objects, and they are gonna catch my hands, just saying. Congrats buddy :)) 

Liam da potato

wow so cool dude!! ^^, congrats, I'm happy for you XD

Just Lee

That paper posting is just to make sure you're not trying to jump bail or evade bill collectors. And btw your ava looks GREAT! 

A. Dillon

Thanks so much, it is one of the few pictures of me that I actually like.

TrIIIy

Congratulations, Dillon! 

Pallas

I know this is late, but congrats, dude! Sounds exciting and sure an adventure to be sure. 

A. Dillon

Long awaited and fantastic news! My name is now legally A. Dillon! There is still the months long process of getting it changed everywhere else, but from now on I can just think of those as outdated and incorrect, instead of the real me. This is awesome! The rest of my family is not nearly as enthused, but I fully intend to throw Dillon his first legal birthday, cake and all. 

To anyone reading this who was like me at the beginning of my coming out, clueless and desperate for even one person to not call me *deadname*. Just like me, you can achieve those pie in the sky dreams you had then, only to find the drive to pursue new ones. I have been using minoxidil, and for the first time in my life, I feel like the guy I was supposed to be. Not all the way there, but working on it. Soon that dream, that promise that I made to my young self that I would learn how to shave from my dad will be reality. The things that seem so little to everyone else, they give you this huge flood of accomplishment. There is hope, there is a light, and you will get there. Give yourself some time and kindness, and maybe some guidance, you can do it. I mean, I am pretty much a fiery disaster riding a unicycle poorly, and yet I made it!

Susan R

Great News, @A. Dillon What a nice achievement! Congratulations!

Ms Maddie

Congratulations, A. Dillon!

That's some big steps.  Glad you're feeling good

Lexi C

Congrat's Dude!!

I being waiting to change my name but i have my late mom estate to deal with and if i change my name now i will have tons of paper work to deal with and that's not even taking into consideration the hoops i will have to jump through with Medical and UED, DMV and my Ecuadorian citizen papers, my lease,, my actors pension  the plaque at the Tiki bar for most  tiki drinks bye a patron in a month, ..etc .: FORGET ABOUT IT!!"..

Congrats. Love the Profile pic totally butch 

Liam da potato

Oh my potato dude that's AWESOME!! congrats I'm super happy XD

Now that made my day >w<

congrats!! seriously bro I dunno what to say except that my cheeks start to hurt so much I'm smiling for you bro ^^!

SaraAW

Congrats!

Jackie C.

Congratulations!

I was walking on air after I got mine changed. Even with all the paperwork.

Then of course my wife signed me up for AARP using my deadname. 😋

Some people, right?

Congratulations again!

Big hugs sweetie!

Shay

happy for you, good news...

TrIIIy

That’s awesome, Dillon! I just got my name changed as well, and it is a great feeling. Something about it being your “legal” name makes it feel more real. Happy for

you!

Ronin82

Congratulations, dude!! Big step!