• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hellothere

Pridefall and paranoia

Hellothere

Look i know everyone seems to think this pridefall stuff is a hoax but im still paranoid. They've already doxxed three minors and attacked one. And an hour till pride starts for me, when stuff supposed to hit the fan. Me and some others run a small pride account on insta- hence my pranoia. Some live outside the US so they are safe, i sadly do not. Im debating logging out for the month judt for my mental health but if its all a hoax im gonna lcik myself for it. I hate letting them get to me but ive been losing sleep. Idk its my first Pride out and all this stuff happens. I try not to think about it but i cant. I get very paranoid very easily and this situation is unbearable. That and the protests are already making me angry that no one listens. The government doesnt listen. The police dont listen. Regardless of your views on trump- he isn't listening. Everything feels polled up and idk. Im not sure if this is even the right section to post this, im just lost on what to do. If consider it a trans issue- its a attack on all LGBT members.  We are taking all precautions but there are so many rumors and hoaxes, we cant tell whts truth and whats not. 

idk

Hellothere

Sorry i cant type, hope some of this makes sense.

A. Dillon

I understand being scared, people can be very cruel. However, you shouldn't have to cower in fear just because of a possible threat. As far as I have seen, it is a total hoax, meant to scare us into silence. Don't give in, stay proud and open, we can't let them win.

Tori M

Fear is mostly the reason I've been in hiding for the past 8 years.  Had a couple of bad experiences when I first moved here (I assumed all of Oregon was LGBTQ friendly... not!) while I watched the turmoil rise across the country about gay marriage.  I told myself and others, "This is going to get worse before it gets better.  I'm tagging out for a while."

Now things are getting to a fever pitch and the troublemakers are all up in the news.  It's the last ditch efforts of the minority who want to turn the clocks back to 1945.  They won't go down without a fight, that's always the way these things go.  They really are the few but they make a lot of noise.  The majority of people are good, as it always has been.  Remember that the majority of people quietly staying at home and out of the fight are good, too.

Hiding isn't working for me any longer.  We have to be safe and smart, but we don't have to stay quiet.

17 hours ago, Hellothere said:

there are so many rumors and hoaxes, we cant tell whts truth and whats not. 

That's exactly how the establishment wants it.  Keep the masses distracted quarreling among themselves so we don't see the power-grabs they are pulling.  That's not new in this country.  It's always been that way, especially since the '60's.  We have to do what our heart desires.  In the end, we will prevail, I know it.  Always remember we're not the first to have to fight for our rights and acceptance.

Sally Stone

Keep in mind that a lot of rhetoric we hear comes from the loud mouths.  In this country there has always been, and will continue to be, a silent majority, people who have an opinion but don't feel the need to shout about it at the top of their lungs.  I learned long ago to try and tune out the loud mouths and the news reported primarily for sensationalist reasons.  We have to look past all BS we are made to see and hear to really feel the pulse of the nation.  If we take the time to do that, we see that most people don't take issue with the way we express ourselves.  It's only the terrified loud mouths who are making all the racket, and they really, are the minority.  My experiences as a trans woman have for the most part, been extremely positive, and I absolutely refuse to cower in the face of a few blowhards.  Take heart, that it is never really as bad out there as it can sometimes seem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now