• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Patti Anne

The Vermont / Oregon connection

Patti Anne

Well, Shawna and I had some crazy things happen today. The Good news is she's not coming to Oregon to visit. The other good news is it sounds like she was offered a job today about 15 minutes away from our house. It's a government contract and they want her to start yesterday. So, needless to say, things are moving along really really rapidly. It's looking more like I'm going to fly to Vermont and we'll both drive back with a truck loaded with her things. She was talking about driving alone, but there's NO WAY I'm letting her drive X/C by herself. We'll drive together, Thelma and Louise style.

So, as things firm up, we'll repost with progress notes.

Update: She just texted me and she's definitely been hired! They want her here on 6/29! 

PA and SL

Patti Anne

OOPs... misposted

Carolyn Marie

Duplicate post.

Carolyn

Jackie C.
54 minutes ago, Patti Anne said:

We'll drive together, Thelma and Louise style.

Be wary of cliffs. 😋

Congratulations for the both of you! This is a big step and I wish you nothing but luck and happiness!

Hugs!

Emily michelle

Congrats that’s awesome. I’m glad you two will be together sooner than later.

ShawnaLeigh

Yes the phone interview went well to say the least.  It helps being a veteran when your being hired by a disabled vet owner and everyone in the company is a vet as well.  His bread a butter is government contracts and hiring me evaluates his companies status to include LBGT compliant too.  I just got a $15K per year raise same vacation and a much shorter commute time to work.

The timing is a bit overwhelming and I am feeling a ton of nervous anxiety this morning as I am truly not all wrapped up in VT, but I have always seized opportunity when it is presented so I had to jump.  I'm thankful to @Patti Anne and all her support and love and I am very excited that our life together is starting sooner then later.

Also a big shout out to our newest friend @Tori M who lives fairly close to us in Oregon and is excited for us to get back there.  Its nice to have a new friend in place when moving across country.  

Though honestly I have no intentions of driving my stuff off a cliff so.......  No to Thelma and Louise!

More to come shortly.

I have a phone therapy session in a few minutes so I have to close for now.

Mmindy
38 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Yes the phone interview went well to say the least.

Congratulations Shawna,

I'm so happy for you and @Patti Anne

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🌈🦋

Tori M

Wow, what great news!  A great new job, a "new" household in Oregon and an easy cruise (not, lol) across the country.  It will be a busy busy month for you two, but so wonderful you don't have to wait longer to be together.  Am so happy for you!

We paid movers to bring our family out here from VA, but we drove our vehicles and an RV which housed all our pets at the time (3 dogs, 2 birds, 1 cat and a rabbit).  We took it slow, driving about 7-8 hours a day (plus one breakdown day).  It took us 9 days!  The November headwinds in WY had that RV down to 40 mph climbing the Rockies.  I'll never forget that expedition.  Saw some beautiful landscapes that I want to visit with some time to explore someday.

Now don't you two be blowing up any gasoline tankers along the way! lol

Tori

KathyLauren

Congratulations, @ShawnaLeigh on the new job!  And good luck to the both of you.  It is exciting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 91 Guests (See full list)

• The Viv Element
    • Ryan
    • KymmieL
    • VickySGV
    • Abi
    • Tori M
    • Tim
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Hammertime
    Newest Member
    Hammertime

1. EclipseStar
      EclipseStar
      (22 years old)
    2. nora-the-nerd
      nora-the-nerd
      (25 years old)
    • Abi
    • DonnaBall
      Joanna, go for it. I feel your pain from not living your dream.  Read the posts on this forum and you will learn a lot and then ask specific questions and you will get good advise. 
    • DonnaBall
      Thanks Kay, and it would be a BIG surprise since she absolutely detests any time I try to talk about being a woman.  Yesterday I was trying to tell her about my trans friend that I have been talking to and she had this disgusting look on her face and then made no comment. It's been this way for 34 years, and was always hoping I would change. We both finally gave up. 
    • Carrie
      Hi Vicky You all do such a great job!  I have been on other sites and it can be pretty bad.  Thank you for everything Carrie
    • KayC
      The root cause of ALL discrimination lies within the human condition .. it comes from a black dark hole that exists in EVERY single human being.  To identify differences and target those that are not like "us" (the majority) is within every human heart. Fundamentally its our choice if we chose to embrace that darkness and spew it back into society or see it as a challenge to overcome this within ourselves and our society. In that matter our entire Trans community shares a close connection with Black Lives Matter (and all social injustice, racism, bigotry, or discrimination) For Black Americans their struggle is systemic, historic, and will be a continuous challenge to overcome.  For Us .. .ours is just starting, but we can learn from the history of America how it can be turned against us also. When its less "socially acceptable" to openly target Blacks, Hispanics, Illegals, Muslims, etc ... then the LGBTQ+ community becomes an easy "target".  We've already seen that happen over the last decade. I think that might be why we are seeing this sudden uptick in attacks on Trans people (or maybe they are just more noticed now) Great subject!  I think I have more to add but will wait to hear from others.
    • VickySGV
      If you need some help, don't be afraid to ask for it and if you see something you think should not be please let us know.  The site does look good, but its the result of staff catching things I am sure you could believe but would not want to have around. 
    • Cyndee
      I grew up with bands such as, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Cream, Yes, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Moody Blues, and Led Zeppelin to name a few.   When I hear music from my youth, it's time travel back to another time and place (long ago now). Music is very chronological for me.   I remember "Boss Radio" mostly on AM in the 60's and 70's, it was a certain format to broadcast popular music with.....FM radio had college stations that played "underground music" back then 🙂   Enjoy   C
    • Tori M
      We know a NY couple that has been stuck somewhere around the French Riviera since March and can't come home.  They're not complaining though, lol.  I guess if you gotta be stuck somewhere.....
    • Carrie
      Hi Vicky It is such a small thing that I mostly would not worry about it.  It just seemed like something we could do for ourselves. I like this site very much and if that keeps it safe then so be it.  I really need to proofread before I post.  Also sometimes put more thought in as well.  Before we had word processors I learned to type on an electric typewriter which I still have and proofreading was essential on that.  I need to pay more attention when posting.  Will do so from now on. 🙂 Hugs  Carrie
    • VickySGV
      It has been considered from the beginning of the site and rejected by the Owner / Admin/ Moderator staff.  We have rules to keep the site safe in a way that no other site does, and we want to keep it safe that way.  The site was begun in 2007 and we have not had the problems other sites do that allow edits at will. We want to keep it that way, and Moderators are chosen from members who show wisdom and reliability of judgment and helpfulness to the members.  The little mistake you made above is one we can easily fix if you tell us about it.  Just PM one of the Staff, Moderator or Admin's if one of us is here and we will make the change for you without charge.
    • Jani
      @Scotia Drake Hello dear.  As Jackie noted, Seriously!!  You've been taken for a ride by this doctor and their therapist friend.  Please don't despair as not all doctors are like that.  I think @Jackie C. has given you a good lead.  Get going!   Jani 
    • Jani
      Great idea.  I've seen that even the local Walmart has fabric paints available!  Look in the arts and crafts area.  You can look for a book but use your imagination and have fun. I bought some "puffy paint" a few years go to decorate a shirt for my granddaughter.  Draw, then iron it to get it to puff up!   I'm sure your kids would have fun too!     @Astrid what a great find.  I didn't know this existed.  Thanks for sharing.    Jani
    • Carrie
      See what I mean I meant to say wish not with. lol
    • Jani
      We cancelled a European vacation in December because of this fear that Americans would not be allowed in.  We've rebooked for Spring so we're hoping for the best.    Jani
    • Carrie
      Hi I was wondering if it has been considered to make it possible for those that put the posts in to edit them themselves. Just thought it might be a nice feature to incorporate in the site. Many thanks to a wonderful site with I had found it earlier With love and respect  Carrie
  • Upcoming Events