• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I will never bash another Monday!

ShawnaLeigh

So this Monday was an amazing day. 
As some may be aware I have plans to move across country to be with @Patti Anne and start a new life as Shawna.  Leaving VT and Shawns life closed and in my past.  Our plans were coming together but we really had not set any real dates but we finally planned a week long trip for me to go visit, see the house and area and just meet Patti face to face finally.  This was set for June 20th. 
An obvious condition to moving is finding a job.  So during my Orchi recovery time off I decided one task was to start job hunting.  So I polished up my resume and changed it to read “Shawna Leigh Lxxxxxxxxx” and I uploaded it on Indeed last Thursday evening. Friday morning a job pops up for a Biomedical Equipments Technician in the VA hospital 15 minutes from Patti’s house and I naturally apply as this is what my current job is. 
Less then 30 minutes later I get an answer and request for a phone interview Monday morning which I accept.  Patti and I are just beside ourselves with this lucky opportunity but we contained it since nothing was set or done.  It’s just an interview.  
Monday morning they call.  Long story short they want to hire me.  Pay me $15k more per year then I’m making now and a $1500 moving bonus. 
Ummmmm.  Ok I can do that!

The catch. 
They need me like yesterday.  “When can you be out there?” They ask.  I had told them originally in my cover letter I planned to move to Oregon in late July/early August but give me an hour and let me make some arrangements.

So I naturally call Patti and the “fun” begins!  My Ex now roommate gets involved and we all try to figure out the quickest reasonable exit plan for me to be out there.  
So I call back and tell them. “Give me an offer letter by this Thursday and I will put in my two weeks notice. I will need 5 days to travel and I can be there on site Monday the 29th.” 
Deal! Done and my offer letter was emailed within minutes. 
Holy cow everything was a whirlwind after that.  
So I spend the rest of the day making arrangements to move, sell my crap, make plans. Etc. 

Then later yesterday evening out of the blue an old HS acquaintance contacts me saying she wants to send me a ton of clothing purses and lots of other things. All I need to do is pay the shipping. We Chatted for a while and  it was unbelievable what she plans to just give me.  Sent all sorts of pictures of her “horde” and believe me. It’s All high end things. Purses jewelry clothing coats jackets dresses. Etc.  Apparently she is in therapy for a very bad and negative shopping compulsion and part of that is purging her collection and “I’m helping her by taking it.” She said.  Well I love to help people do what’s a girl to do?
I barely knew her in HS but we are friends on Facebook.  She has been following my transition there and decided to message me with the request and offer.  
So now I have hundreds of items costing thousands of dollars being shipped to my new home for the price of “just shipping”. 

Yes Mondays are not so bad a day for me anymore wouldn’t you agree?

2 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Apparently she is in therapy for a very bad and negative shopping compulsion and part of that is purging her collection and “I’m helping her by taking it.”

Does she need any more help Hon? If so, sign me up.

Yes. Things are getting very very real, very very fast! TTYL

XXOO

PA

• Forum Moderator

Sounds like an amazing day!  Best of luck with your move and new job.

Hugs,

Charlize

2 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Deal! Done and my offer letter was emailed within minutes. 

Wow!  Mondays will never be the same.   That's also an amazingly fast timeline for a government agency to act/hire.  Must mean they really want you.

Congratulations, Shawna❣️

Shawna, let me add my congratulations.  I'm so happy for you, oh and Patti Anne too!  It seems as though fate has smiled upon you.

Thank you ladies.  I feel very blessed indeed but waiting for Karma to slam me with an asteroid or something.  LOL

So, do blonds have better Karma, too?  ?

Re: Mondays.... just another day.  Karma doesn't know what time or day it is.

That’s awesome news. That will be a hard one to top. Now the fun part begins getting there by  the 29th. I hope your still healing and not overdoing it.

Congratulations! May good fortune and fate, bless you both.??

• Forum Moderator

Congratualtions!

I have often found it amazing how quickly things can move at times.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

Good luck with the job offer and move.  

Jani