• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

STP or packer

Alex-John

hi  sorry av not been around in  an ages i hope you are all well ...i have had my second appointment  and i have a letter copyed from the psych from the gender clinic to my dr  she going to ask my psych if am stable  for T i want to get the t  but i also need to get something for down under  and am unsure weather to get STP or a packer  with the STP  am worried about using it  as i think i'll make a mess off myself  and am worried about going into men toilets  and using it and pee down my leg or they see am born female and attack me  i have no idea how to use it  i have a key for disabled toilets but sometimes there busy i am disabled ( hidden ) av never been to a male toilet and i dont know very much about proper behaviour in  mens toilets  etc

or i could get a packer but am unsure in what am getting or anywhere in  united kingdom that sells them  at the moment i have been putting socks there until i am able to get one 

oh i have been diagnosed with GID by the psych at the clinic i have changed my name already years ago  but its only been of late that i have been wanting to get a packer or stp i feel like things are moving forward  i feel so happy about this am less suicdal i still have mental health issues etc  but they seem better 

I use a Sam Stp packer and stick to briefs to keep it in place. It takes a bit getting use to and wouldn't recommend it for anyone cuz people be different. 'The Number One Stp',  'Model D Stp', and the smaller 'Sport Stp' is better in reviews, when it comes to easier using. Had to make the hole bigger in my Sam and learn major control of that stream. Plus I'm a small person so couldn't get anything at the time that was size appropriate that was ok. But the next try would be the Sport but for now the Sam is fine for regular packing.

I would go to babeland.com and look to see the different options and you can decide where and what to get. Hope this helps.

As far as using a men’s restroom is concerned, you don’t need to have an STP to use one. Plenty of cis men prefer to use a stall instead of a urinal anyway, so no one will be suspicious of you if you do that. I personally don’t use an STP and just go into a stall on the men’s room, so I can’t advise you on which STP would be a good match for you. I have heard from many that they take practice at home first to learn how to use properly.

On the topic of packers, I have a little bit more knowledge. There are soft packers and silicone packers generally, and each type has pros and cons.

Soft packers are, well, soft and therefore more squishy and easier to fit into tight clothes. They are, however, less sturdy and will wear down over time. They are less expensive, though, so they are good first packers in that respect.

Silicone packers are much more durable. They will usually last you years if you take care of them properly. They are harder in composition, so you may have more a bulge than you would like in tight jeans. If you do want to get a silicone packer, but you want it to still be somewhat squishy, the Archer packer by New York Toy Collective is a great option. They also have an uncircumcised version called the Pierre.

Lastly, take size into account. Some packers and much bigger than others and would not work realistically for a smaller person. Do some research and find what works best for you. Always read the reviews.

Happy hunting!

I agree with @TrIIIy when it comes to etiquette, a vast majority of guys could not care less. As long as you pass well enough, as in aren't covered in makeup and have size DD chest, they won't give you a second glance (unless they are in the process of doing something illegal). Plenty of guys go to the stall to pee, some are self conscious, some just can't be bothered, and others just want to play games the whole time. It is all about confidence, if you look like you are hiding then they will try and find you. Just a word of warning, when they say that men's rooms are gross, they are not kidding. I have been subject to some true horrors, so prepare yourself. Also, it is apparently some guys' pastime to play Candy Crush incredibly loudly while grunting in the only working stall. 

Also, same, I am keeping with the sock packers for now. Always on hand, easy to wash, and inconspicuous. Whatever makes you feel comfortable is the choice for you though, and clearly these two know a lot more than I do about this. Wish you the best of luck!

• Forum Moderator

I remember how terrified I was using male bathrooms at first. Now 9 years later I have never had a single incident. I've been spoken to 3 times in those 9 years of using mens exclusively. Twice someone said "nice shirt" about an Affliction the I was wearing and once in a very large crowded restroom at a festival the guy in front of me in line said "Did you see that?" When a very pretty scantily clad girl walked out of one of the stalls. Every jaw in the room - maybe 75 people - dropped but no one said anything to her.

As for a STP. I hike in the national forest around 100 hours a month and I don't  know where the deer stands and game cams are hidden. I had to master a STP for my own safety since I live in an ultra conservative area - I'm the only trans person ever in my county- and s drunk bigot with a gun just isnt safe. What surprised me was how right it felt.

It aldo made me feel much safer using the mens at first. People dont think about STPs so if you are standing in a stall it answers any doubts anyone may have had. Sure men do sit to pee but they dont have to worry about questioning it. It does take awhile to master one. I spent a fortune on all kinds of them and would recommend going with a silicone for realism and durability. The cheap ones are not realistic and usually a baby doll pink. I use a Che from T-Mensjunkshop. They are the cheapest for silicone by far. I've worn mine every day for about 3 years and it still looks good. They have really good customer service too. Silicone is more expensive initially but really saves in the long run. The Che is realistic  enough that I use it with no problems at urinals with people on either side when the stalls are full.

I practiced with mine for a couple of weeks before I mastered it enough to wear it in public.

On 6/15/2020 at 7:02 PM, JJ said:I use a Che from T-Mensjunkshop. They are the cheapest for silicone by far.  I've worn mine every day for about 3 years and it still looks good. They have really good customer service too. Silicone is more expensive initially but really saves in the long run. The Che is realistic  enough that I use it with no problems at urinals with people on either side when the stalls are full.

I just ordered the Sebastian packer from T-Mensjunkshop based on your recommendation of the Che. I just don’t think I’d be able to use an STP effectively, but I loved what I saw on their website. 

hi , thank you all for replying to me am using a sock at the moment , i have an appointment either over video or face to face am unsure due to covid- 19 , they are going to call me the week before to tell me what is going on. hopefully its face to face as i hate video appointments  . 

sock will do at the moment i cant afford to buy one yet ...got other things to pay for  oh and i have lost 10kgs as well am was 97kgs am now 87kgs  . i have been on the treadmill my partner bought me a year ago for half the price off the full price , i am on it every day and on diet keep my self active on top of the walking  as well 

as soon as i start hormones my partner are going to tell his family about me being transgender  hopefully they will be supportive  :) 

thank you all again and keep safe