• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
VickySGV

Three Hours Forty Five Minutes Of Trans Pride

VickySGV

Where has the time gone?  Our first hour and a half was spent with an panel discussion between Trans actress and some other thing Alexandra Billings and model / actress Isis King, both of who are Black Trans women who are faced with deeper antagonism by society, including their own Black community than I admit that I am in my non-Black community. The have come a long way, but how they can get their own community to be more accepting is a solution they admitted they do not have answers for but a looking for diligently.   One important thing though from them to all of us is to take care of yourselves and find out who you are without a thought that you are too much for you.  Once you know who you are embrace yourself and have no fear of being yourself. You do not have to be anyone else's idea of what a Trans Person is.  If you are a Trans woman you can have days when you are not glamorous, you can have no days of being glamorous and still be one of the bunch.  In fact take plain days and vacations from being a model trans woman or man.  We are our world and the rest of the bigger world does not determine who we are, but in time we can give them the inner beauty of our world as we ourselves discover it.  Pride is a journey of discovery and not a one month party.

Two more hours were spent in a maxed out Zoom Conference with 50 people filling the screens.  It was fun to look at all the participants and who we are IRL.  No two of us were really alike in how we looked. We were comfortable with each other, and no one looked like they did not belong.  Oldest who admitted it was me, and there were a few who looked older than I do but were 8 or 9 years younger and one of our brief appearances was a 10 year old heading for bed.  The 10 year old was Trans male with Cis and Trans moms (the parents were in late 30's. )   Quite an age range.  Big point on the age was there are some of us who have been through the wars so to speak, and all of us addressed the need for much more work to get us where we need to be, and yes some of us oldsters have got to pass the torch onto the younger ones coming up if we are to see our goals met.  The person who brought that up had a bunch of very serious younger faces on the screen for a few minutes but hear and there the thumb nails saw faces look up and smile or with what I can hope were eyes on the future and readiness to take up the work we really need.  Even here the point was that we need PRIDE in our selves, our dreams, maybe a fear or two, but not just for a few days a year, we need it for our lives to have meaning.  The new people who looked a bit scared were assured they would find it in themselves to go forward and would be give help by the community to be the best person they could envision.  Quite an evening.  It was a good one if I am rambling this late.

The weekend resumes Saturday at noon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 84 Guests (See full list)

• lewlew
    • Jandi
    • JamesM
    • MaryMary
    • Sara_Leighanne
    • KathyLauren
    • MaryEllen
    • Jani
    • AcanOfBeans
    • RunValRun
    • Ms Maddie
    • Cris31
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Adelaide
    Newest Member
    Adelaide

No users celebrating today
    • Jani
      Kylie I hope it all went well and you are resting comfortably when you read this.  We'll all thinking of you.   Hugs, Jani
    • Jani
      Wonderful News Emily!!  I hope it works out for you and you find your new passion!
    • Jani
      Hello Rory and welcome!  Take you time to sort out who you are.  In the meantime, please join in.   Jani
    • Jani
      Hello HollyNoel and welcome!  Jackie's site has been very interesting, she's so positive.  Great news about seeing a therapist.  As to makeup, try to experiment and remember less is more!  Please join in the conversation!! Jani
    • Jani
      Its looking much better now.  
    • Jani
      In regard to "Secret 'o Life" isn't it amazing how some songs really hit the point and speak to us in a deep manner?   I've always loved the positive message in "Shower the People". 
    • AcanOfBeans
      Here's how it looks today. Im bruised cause I scratch in my sleep and haven't found a way to stop that aside from taking like 4 benadryl before bed and putting on a bunch of hydrocortisone. Luckily my scars don't itch because I have nerve damage and can't feel them.
    • AcanOfBeans
      I've been taking benadryl but it's only helped for about 2 hours before I'm itchy again. I got stuff to take an oatmeal bath and that had helped a bit as well as piling on hydrocortisone whenever it starts to feel itchy. I'm assuming I'm allergic to one of the flowers cause I know I have no issue with mineral oil (I use scalp oil and that's the main ingredient). It seems like the hives are starting to go away little by little, the other day was the worst with it but now it's calming down a bit. The doctors here are useless so I'm just gonna continue with home treatment.
    • Jani
      Oh Yes!  The places we will go!   Having a sense of humor is the only way to deal with this.  Otherwise we'd go insane!! Jani
    • Jani
      Carla I so sorry to read this but at least your family seems to have escaped major injury.  You are right about how to handle a home invasion.  I am a compulsive door locker, always have been.  Living in a rural area where I cannot see the houses next door I am careful.  But you never know.  Its been a strange year for sure!    Hugs, Jani 
    • KathyLauren
      Wonder of wonders, the second rowboat from England docked today.  I now have my official Gender Recognition Certificate.  It only took 84 days! 🙄  Onward with the Brits and my birth certificate...   And somewhere between here and Ottawa is a snail with covid, carrying my application to update my citizenship records.  Which, if it ever goes through, will allow me to get a proper passport.  So I can go to all the places I can't go to because of travel restrictions.   It's a good thing I have a sense of humour about this stuff, because I'd have to cry if I didn't.
    • Cyndee
      OMG Carla, this is so sad to read. The violence it's seemingly increasing everywhere, people are starting to loose it. I am glad nobody was seriously hurt or killed in this incident and that your family will recover, I am glad the man was arrested, that is not always the case. 2020 is turning out to be so weird, unsettling, and unpredictable. Be vigilant, be careful, be aware.   Hugs   Cyndee
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Overalls Bear, When I go to the store and see the women's clothing section, I often look with yearning. You are definitely not alone.   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Justine, I sure know how it feels. Just keep keepin' on.   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi everyone,   2020 has been a monumentally horrible year from my perspective. Having been forced to move. Covid 19 striking the U.S.  and the shut down, and the hardships there of that have affected so many. The Floyd murder and ensuing protests and the beligerent response by the government. The increasing political strife. 2020 was already destined to be remembered darkly by me.    Yesterday morning my younger sister was informed by another sister that her family had been brutally attacked in there home. It was a horrifying story.   Two of my sisters live by Cowan Lake, where I grew up as a child. My younger sister Kris, who grew up along with me, lives across the lake from my family home of old, and runs a dog sitting business out of her home. Jan, one of my two older sisters lives right on the lakefront on the bay, along with her ailing husband Ron. Her son Joe and daughter in law Leilani are on an extended visit from New Jersey while Joe receives treatment for his severe back problems here in Grand Rapids. Jan grew up with my other older sister Lin, with a 10 year gap between the Lin and Jan pair and my pair of Kris and myself.   Cowan Lake was an idealic community where everyone knew everyone when I grew up, and it's been this way for the most part through present day. The major troubles with neighbors on the lake usually consisted of somebody going too fast in there boat, or something like that. It is a private lake with a Lake Association. Not a place of high crime, so to speak.   Quite recently a new couple moved into the house next to Jan's place. This last weekend, apparently the husband neighbor (I'll call him John) had to go out of town. He told his wife (I'll call her Jane) that he didn't want her cousin there while he was gone, because her cousin had a violent history. Regardless, Jane invited her cousin over Saturday, along with his girlfriend.   That night shortly after going to bed, Jan heard a woman scream for help. Thinking something might have happened to her son Joe, she ran downstairs where Joe and Lailani where sleeping. Nothing was wrong there. She went back upstairs and opened the door to look outside to see if anything was wrong out there.   Jane's cousin had lost control and chased his girlfriend into Jan's yard. When the cousin saw my sister open the door, he called her an obscenity and rushed through the door into her house without provocation. He punched my sister (a 65 year old woman) in the face, knocking her down, then started kicking her.   Jan's husband Ron called out asking what was happening. The man intercepted Ron in the living room and beat him up. Ron, 70 years old, is nearly crippled by his own ailments and can't walk or stand up well.   By this time, Joe had come upstairs having heard the commotion found and the man beating his mom and stepfather. Joe, with a very bad back, tried wrestling with the man, getting pummeled in the face in the process. Jan got up and grabbed a small knife from the kitchen and tried to stab the man. By this time her family was fighting for there lives. Leilani, a girl wieghing barely more than 100 pounds,  grabbed a French chef knife from the kitchen and yelled at the man to leave. The man finally began to yield, and Joe was able to push him out the door.   The man was arrested walking in the neighborhood that night. Jane never tried to get her cousin to stop, never went to Jan's house to see if they were ok, never called for help or anything.   Thankfully, nobody was killed. In the end, just a lot of bruises and stuff like that.   People ask me why I keep my door locked all the time. In my line of work as a security officer, I've seen a lot of stuff happen. Even in a good neighborhood, bad things can happen. Even if our neighbors are friendly and kindly, who knows who might come visiting them? Protect yourself. Have a plan for home invasion. Plan an escape route, a hiding place, and a course of action should worse come to worse.    It's easy now that things are calm, to think I'd do such and such. But if you suddenly find yourself in a home invasion situation, your first reaction is going to be surprise and shock. Things can happen very fast, and that's not a good time to have to think of a course of action to protect yourself. The first option should be escape if possible. Let them have the run of the place. Your life is more important. If escape is impossible, hiding is the next option. If you've already been spotted, you may have to defend yourself. Have a plan you can fall back on. Avoiding a moment of indecision and confusion can make all the difference. And keep your doors locked. It's not being rude, it's being safe.   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾            
  • Upcoming Events