• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

goisard

Trying to reconnect to spirituality

goisard

Hello friends.

It makes me so happy to see a side of a forum dedicated to Buddhism, I have never seen this in any of my years spent browsing forums.

That being said I am here to express my insecurities. My mother is Buddhist, practicing the Soka Gakkai specifically, but never taught me or my siblings much about it as she believes that's for us to decide later on in life.

I tried to connect to the religion since that little knowledge my mother gave me was enough to make my soul feel brighter during dark times. But the dark times became darker and I let go of every interest I had, religion included.

Trying to get into it again is harder than expected, especially without my mother's guide as things between us became colder after I came out to her as transgender.

Anyway, my friends, I hope the experience I will gather from here will motivate me more!

KathyLauren

Hi, Goisard.

I am happy that you feel a connection to Buddhism, even though the connection has been distant recently.  Remember that the whole point of Buddhism is to free oneself from suffering.  It doesn't have to be difficult or complicated.

I have been a Buddhist for over 40 years.  I am not a teacher, but I am happy to answer any questions that I can.

Regards,

Kathy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 96 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • Ryan
    • Kelsey Brooke
    • Susan R
    • Charlotte Sparkle
    • Mmindy
    • Emily michelle
    • MaryEllen
    • Erikka
    • Shay
    • Petra Jane
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

PinkDevil
    Newest Member
    PinkDevil

1. Aster Kadish
      Aster Kadish
      (15 years old)
    • Mmindy
      Welcome @Charlotte Sparkle look around and you'll fine caring people here willing to listen and help.   Best wishes, stay positive and safe,   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Emily michelle
      Well that sounds like it went good I’m glad the management is going to correct the inappropriate talk. Hopefully you can get your employee file changed quickly. I’m sorry to hear that your wife is not supportive. I could only hope when I come out at work it goes that smooth I’m afraid not just because of the industry I’m in.
    • Mmindy
      Welcome @Tess1968 you're among like people here,. A safe non judgmental forum that is filled with caring advice and open hearts.    Best wishes, stay positive, and safe,    Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Ryan
      First, it's not "transgendered", it's just transgender. No need for the -ed.   A transgender guy, is typically referred to as a trans man (FtM). Transfeminine may be a more accurate term as it's used by those who are AMAB (assigned male at birth), but may not fully identify as binary women, or just want to partially transition. I think the terms transfeminine/transmasculine are labels that are used more by Non-Binary trans people. 
    • Cyndee
      Inspirations from the heavens we have
    • Shay
      i was just telling my wife i remember hearing Take It Easy for the first time on vacation with my mom and older brother on the only family vacation in North Carolina at some camp,ground in the north west corner, cant remember name but there was a dam nearby. i also aaw the movie Andromeda Strain at the campgrounds on a large white sheet. Wrote some of my first decent songs back then. ah memories...
    • Cyndee
      I was chatting with a friend this morning and she brought up this song. Great bass line, and the message rings true today, post transition...So here it is, their catalog (Eagles) is deep and wide....    
    • KathyLauren
      The whole question of how you identify is inherently confusing.  My brother highlighted it for me one time when he asked me what the difference was between feeling like a man and feeling like a woman.  I realized that the question was impossible to answer.   Initially, I thought it was unanswerable because I thought I had, until then, only been male.  But, since then, I realized that our gender identity doesn't change throughout our lives.  I have only ever been a woman.    At first, I was a woman pretending to be a man.  Now, I am a woman who knows she is a woman.  The only part that changed was the pretense.    What convinced me was trying it.  Acting like a man felt forced and unpleasant.  Acting like a woman was natural, easy and comfortable.  That is the difference.   If that describes you, then there is a good chance that you are transgender, though you might not be at one end or the other of the spectrum.  You might be somewhere in the middle.  Whatever feels unforced and natural is where you belong.    On the other hand, if what feels happy is being a guy, then you might not be trans.
    • Charlotte Sparkle
      Thanks for the Welcomes everyone x
    • Charlotte Sparkle
      Hi Tess, welcome to the TransPulse Forums from me.  I'm new here too.   Lotte x
    • Shay
      Great idea - I haven't jounaled since my first wife left and I'd hate to read those now - I was in hell and don't want to remember but I kept them just in case someday I might  want to what those days were like.   Since being drawn to Transpulse and found you tremendous women - you have changed my life in the matter of a month and I have a LOT to write about now that I have found kindred spirits.    
    • Mmindy
      Congratulations Shawna,    I'm so happy for you.   Hugs
    • Charlotte Sparkle
      So would you say referring to myself as 'a guy who's trans-feminine' instead of a 'trans-gendered guy' is a more accurate label given what I've posted here?
    • Mmindy
      Have a great Summer weekend 🐛🌈🦋
    • Charlotte Sparkle
      I agree labels don't mean a whole lot but I am just trying to clarify whether I'm transgender or not.     Wikipedia says the following about Cross-Dressing:     I could agree with the above if it was just for gratification but what about if deep down you are transgender but unsure on how far to take things and worry about taking things further due to necessity and/or fear.     Wikipedia says the following about Transgender:     Whilst I have no immediate need to transition, often without actually dressing I will look at females and lust to have the same body or hairstyle.  There are no clothes involved but yet I'm thinking things that a normal male would not be thinking.  If I was just a cross-dresser surely I wouldn't be thinking like that either.   I seem to get conflicting statements when trying to find an answer, some websites say being a cross-dresser means your're transgender but other websites say being a cross-dresser does not mean you're transgender!?   I like to think of myself as being transgender but I worry that I'm incorrectly identifying myself hence why I'm seeking some kind of clarification;  in the end I may never get a definitive answer but it's definitely worth asking the question.   Lotte x
  • Upcoming Events