• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Elton John Says Trans People Are His Personal Heroes

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
Susan R

He never ceases to amaze. I love his quote from the article, “continued discrimination against the trans community is “an absolute disgrace to humanity.”

You gotta love Elton John! What a life he’s led. Thanks for sharing this @Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

:) Captain Fantastic :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 84 Guests (See full list)

• Michellle
    • MargieK
    • ElizabethStar
    • MaryEllen
    • Berni
    • KathyLauren
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

MargieK
    Newest Member
    MargieK

1. liamorwilliam
      liamorwilliam
    2. Mybuttlost
      Mybuttlost
    • Berni
      That must be hard for you being misgendered by someone you love. I haven't dared broach the subject of pronouns yet ,,, and I feel now it is further away than ever. 
    • Berni
      My goodness, yes, it is so hard at times. I hope everything worked out with your wife. And, indeed, I try to show my love for her every day. Thankyou for the reply @KayC
    • Berni
      This is such a simple, but excellent idea. I know I have thought and felt this all along ... and have monitored many transpartners forums and read books written by the partner ... but maybe I haven't been as explicit with her.   Regarding holding me back, she has made it clear that she doesn't want to stop me ... however, she isn't sure she wants to come along with me on this journey. Which is hard because I'm not sure Id have the strength to walk this path alone.   I'm sorry to hear you are alone. You must be very strong to hold it all together alone.
    • Berni
      Thankyou @Shay for your ever so kind words. I, like you, have been trying to slowly change so as to not upset the boat. I thought it was working ... I guess I may have moved a little too quickly lately. Its so hard to hold this all  inside sometimes when your heart is singing with joy.
    • Berni
      Thankyou for the support @miichii
    • Emily michelle
      Congrats Kymmie! I’m so happy for you.
    • Petra Jane
      Yes, it makes sense, thank you for checking.   I've just checked on my android phone and the same effect is there too. SO, it seems that for the time being, when using a phone to view the forums, you need to hold your phone in landscape mode, not portrait mode.     PORTRAIT:     LANDSCAPE:
    • RhondaS
      No experience with child wanting to dress in a non-typical way, but we noticed our son was gay just about as soon as he developed a personality. 
    • Rowan.
      I'll bite   Django Reinhardt - I'm pretty sure he actually invented lead guitar. Mark Ribot - Played with Tom Waits on Rain Dogs, Real Gone and I think a couple of other albums. David Rawlings - Gillian Welch's partner. Slash - The guy in the hat from Guns and Roses. Me - I added my self, nit because I'm conceited, rather I was asked this question one while busking. A stranger came up and sat down beside me and asked me who my favorite guitar player was. I gave him the old side-eye, smiled and said "I am". He just laughed... in a good way. Then he told me a random story involving walking barefoot and fear of coyotes.
    • Heathick
      OMG, So awesome, I'm so happy for you!!!! That must feel amazing!!!
    • Heathick
      Ok, so this isn't directly an "alcohol abuse" topic per se, but its an open ended question that does relate to both alcohol and trans-ness, and as far as I can tell, this seems like the best place to ask something I've been wondering about for a long time...   I've noticed an interesting phenomenon: While I'm usually very questioning and hesitant about being trans (on and off, to varying degrees), literally ANY time I consume even a moderate amount, all doubt disappears and I "know" my true desire is to be female and that transitioning is absolutely right for me, no doubt whatsoever. And not that I remotely advocate it, or have any reason to imply any validity whatsoever to "alcohol-fueled ideas", but strictly for the sake of relevant data, I have definitely noticed that the more I drink, the more certain I am. (Which, yea, again is perhaps very much in line with alcohol-driven impulsiveness and impaired judgment and all.)   I'm not saying any of that means anything, but I find it an intriguing potential(?) piece of the puzzle that is "me".   Related to this, when I was in college, I had a friend who took...some kind of psychology course. Not sure what class exactly, but there was one thing in it he mentioned to me, and I found it such an interesting, plausible concept that it stuck with me, even decades later. Granted, I have zero background in psychology so I have no basis for judging the validity, but the idea was this:   Alcohol is well known to break down "inhibitions", therefore (so the theory goes), it brings out one's "true self", whether that be an angry abusive individual, a sorrowful one, a fully-content happy social one, or whatever else. I know that's only a theory...but my fully-amateur-at-psychology mind finds it intriguing and plausible...And I have always been absolutely full of inhibition...OMG, like you have NO idea...   I'll fully admit, there's a part of me that definitely wants this to be a clear sign that transitioning is right for me. But the trained-logician side of me (which I have very deliberately cultivated over the years and value very much) goes, "Whoa...there, buddy! Better do your due diligence first, and fully research all your assumptions and guesswork!"   So that's where I am. Aside from the very obvious "Yea, I should limit/eliminate my drinking!", which I won't disagree with...Anyone here have any background in psychology? If so, any insight into this "theory of alcohol"?   Or even more generally, is this something anyone here can relate to? If so, what experience can you offer?
    • Rowan.
      Hello,   Financially, I'm not in the best position to see a gender therapist at the moment. I'm not employed and need to use my meager savings for things like food and rent. I'll be looking for a job in the next 3 weeks, and hopefully will find something decent. In my neck of the woods there seems to be at least a 1 month waiting period to see someone. What would really help me at the moment are answers to the following questions:   If I had to pay out of pocket, what rate should I expect? How long is a session, 30 minutes, an hour, longer? What is a "normal" frequency of appointments (once a week, biweekly, monthly). Do gender therapists do sliding scale? If so, is there an easy way to find them?   I realize that the answer to these questions probably vary from person to person. But I really cant afford to spend $200.00 weekly at this point in time (this is my guess as to what a session might cost). I may be able to spend about $200.00 once a month, though. I could probably talk myself into it at least.   I'm very new to all of this so, I've decided to put my ego in check and take reasonable advice when it's given. While getting a therapist is not something that's in my nature or my upbringing, I've considered the advantages and they far exceed the negatives.   Thank you <3
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.washingtonblade.com/2020/09/21/transgender-woman-opens-resource-center-in-norfolk/   Amazingly courageous and resourceful woman.  She is awesome!  Congrats!   Carolyn Marie
    • KymmieL
      Doing the happy girl dance again. since I got the mail. my license came, and under sex says "F" yeah.   Kymmie
    • Abi
      Thanks for the compliment @KymmieL. I break my nails sometimes but these are my own nails, not press on. My nails grow insanely fast. I think I'm getting better at it but, putting on nail polish is an art that I still have a lot to learn about. I need a dryer so they harden faster. If I can manage to get them to dry smooth they will last a week before the nails are chipped. Oddly, I spend all the time growing, manicuring and trying to get polishing them to look good, then I stay home. I'd rather be baking, latch hooking or even drumming with my nails all done up, than go out on the town. Being a home body has it's advantages.  Pineapple upside down cake, anyone?  
  • Upcoming Events