• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Feel Like a Pointers Sisters Song

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

I have less than a week to my first consultation with my HRT team and...."I'm So Excited". 

I have completed my blood work (a-okay), did my sleep apnea test last night (of course that's a side issue - but may be relevant) and I have a problem with anxiety so I wish next Thursday was in like 10 minutes.

You have given my hope and support, I've come out of hiding and am all smiles (I know there will be many more hard times and nothing is as rosy as it sounds - even with blush) but every time I think of having found you ladies, I cannot but smile.

I also am finishing a new song that wrote itself yesterday called "Where You Been" - I'll post it soon and hopefully you'll be able to relate.

Love,

Shay

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for reminding me of that excitement.  There was a part of me that just loved it!  Each step towards being myself and the acceptance that has followed has been exciting.  That being said i'm so grateful for the peace i feel today.

Enjoy the ride as well as the peace that will hopefully follow.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

thank you .... I cannot ever remembr being this excited in 68 years....

13 hours ago, Shay said:

and I have a problem with anxiety so I wish next Thursday was in like 10 minutes.

That's great, Shay!
I have huge up and down anxiety issues.  While I assume there are many complex reasons for this, I also assume my hormones play an underlying physiological cause for them.
After you start HRT I would be interested to know if it has a positive effect on your anxiety (if its not too private to share of course).

Wishing you a great first consult❣️

• Forum Moderator

It feels so good NOT to be hiding so you bet I will let you know how the right hormones react in my case.

thank you for all your help already.

Shay