• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Coming Out At My Condo

DonnaBall

35 minutes ago, DonnaBall said:

I think that they care about themselves more than they care about my feelings, and you are right, that is not the kind of friend you want.

They still want to see my wife and when she visited with them it really hurt for me to be left out.  I wish my wife loved me enough that she would not want to see them because they won't see me, even as Don.

`You will make new friends.  If those friends cannot accept you then they may not be good for you. It is unbearably hard when people no long want to know you. I simply do not know what else I can say.

Be proud of who you are and be yourself.

Hi Donna

I have been thinking about your situation with your friends.  If you push too much now you might alienate them and they might hurt you.  If you can leave it 6 months or so then try ringing some of them up and just chat that will give them time to take in what you are doing and what you are going through.  People can react badly to a new Idea but if given enough time they can sometimes come around. 

Just a thought.

Carrie

9 hours ago, DonnaBall said:

Although I think she loves me now, I'm not sure what she will do when I tell her that I am coming out to the neighbors.

Give her a chance .. she may surprise you.  Either way, at least then you will know.  I'm wishing the best for both of you❣️

Donna,

I'm 57 years old and yes I live alone and I'm retired . I've been living here in Neligh Nebraska since 2016. I don't feel like myself in men's closes so I hope to live full time as a woman for I feel that I am a woman! 

I am 59 years old and turn 60 in Jan.  and am  not retired. ?

Simply enjoy your life.  Do what makes you comfortable.

Life is too short not to live it!

A nice warm hug

Carrie

15 hours ago, KayC said:

Give her a chance .. she may surprise you.  Either way, at least then you will know.  I'm wishing the best for both of you❣️

Thanks Kay, and it would be a BIG surprise since she absolutely detests any time I try to talk about being a woman.  Yesterday I was trying to tell her about my trans friend that I have been talking to and she had this disgusting look on her face and then made no comment. It's been this way for 34 years, and was always hoping I would change. We both finally gave up. 

6 hours ago, Joanna Huston said:

Donna,

I'm 57 years old and yes I live alone and I'm retired . I've been living here in Neligh Nebraska since 2016. I don't feel like myself in men's closes so I hope to live full time as a woman for I feel that I am a woman! 

Joanna, go for it. I feel your pain from not living your dream.  Read the posts on this forum and you will learn a lot and then ask specific questions and you will get good advise.