• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shay

besides hrt any other tips on hair thinning

Shay

i start hrt soon and i have areas of hair thinning and wondered if there are any products, be it internal or external to help thickening and growrh 

Shay

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 91 Guests (See full list)

• A. Dillon
    • Erikka
    • KathyLauren
    • Ryan
    • Jackie C.
    • ToniTone
    • Shay
    • ElizabethStar
    • Cyndee
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

GreyingRaven
    Newest Member
    GreyingRaven

1. benzenemess
      benzenemess
    • KathyLauren
      I noticed a big change in my dysphoria right away, just from the fact that I was taking steps to make progress.  That started even before I picked up my first prescription.   I didn't feel anything earth-shattering right away.  Some people do, but not me.  On the other hand, by two weeks in, there was noticeable tingling in my nipples.  At about six weeks, I had enough breast growth that I was wearing an unpadded sports bra to minimize the girls, since I was still in male mode most of the time.  Not that they were big or anything (they still aren't), but they did not look plausibly male.  I found that I couldn't trot down stairs the way I used to, because my breasts would jiggle uncomfortably.   I came out publicly and went full time about three months after starting HRT.   I could notice that my skin was softer and drier.  By about a year, my body hair, which had never been abundant, was gone, totally.  The hair on my legs, the hairiest part of my body, had thinned to normal female abundance.  It is thin enough and light enough that I don't have to shave my legs.   I also noticed changes in my face.  The first change was my lips.  I was putting on lipstick one day and realized that they were someone else's lips!  That change was quite sudden.  I became aware of other changes in my face, and now, three-plus years in, the person in the mirror looks female.  Not saying I'm pretty - that would be too much to ask - but I don't look very male any more.   Mentally, the changes were subtle, but real.  As a male, I had noticed what some people call "mental static": racing thought fragments, none of which related to anything in particular, but which, together, made enough mental racket to keep me from falling asleep.  I would get violent images that I won't describe here, that I found quite disturbing, as I have always been a non-violent person.  There was no light-bulb moment for me, but I did notice that the mental static and the violent images have gone away.  I am much calmer, and I can feel a full range of emotions.  I will cry with intense emotions, even happy stuff.   Good luck with your HRT!  I am sure you will like it.
    • Shay
      Hear is another song I want to re-record when I achieve my female voice...hope you like it.... even though my heart 2018.mp3
    • Shay
      There is just something about this song and this woman....  
    • Shay
      Keeping fingers crossed my HRT NP sent me email indicating my doctor said it takes 2 weeks to transfer records and it's been a week - but they were trying to fast track it - so maybe this week.   Could you share the changes you've seen and felt over the time you've been lucky enough to be on HRT? Good and bad.   Thanks,   Heather Shay
    • KayC
      Hi Toni.   I am a bit concerned for your safety.  Do you have someplace to go if your roommates become aggressive again?  Assuming you're still in Minneapolis area?  I found this online https://www.mntransgenderhealth.org/  Please take care of yourself❣️
    • KayC
      Nice to meet you @key plate! and welcome! You've found a great place to let this out.  We are all here facing both similar and different obstacles to transition, but all with the same hope ... to be happy. I cannot and should not give you advice about your mother.  You seem to know her well, since your are not surprised but rightfully disappointed by her response. I do hope you make the choices that are best for yourself (and not somebody else) but ... When its all said and done, she still is and will forever be your mother.  Don't let go of the love in your heart for her (it seems like she needs it)   Deep breaths ... one step at a time❤️
    • KayC
      Wow!  Thanks for sharing your photos and story @Joslynn!  That's quite a transition and very inspiring❣️
    • KayC
      That's great Jackie! Sending sincere prayers for a smooth procedure and recovery🙏  Thank you so much for all you do to share your journey with us❣️  
    • KayC
      People who are sincerely kind (without expectation of anything in return) are truly compassionate.  They are that way because they know deep down that we are all intimately inter-connected as part of this complex and eternal universe.   You figured it out, @Mary Jane.  You are enlightened❣️    
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone,🐀   Happy birthday benzenemess!🎂 Hope you have a wonderful day!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Liam da potato
      I meant "not aligned on the.. line" XD Can I ask how u did that?? OoO
    • Liam da potato
      I don't know how u did that but it's really impressive if your ok with comments I' say that the nose with mouth are not really on the vertical line that separates the head in 2, if you understand what I mean. (not my drawing) Mouth and nose are like that \ and eyes like that | But seriously that's really good!
    • Liam da potato
      nice ^^, how about Loic? Stephen? Mathew Michael argh I can't put my eyes away OO
    • Chrysalis
      Bless you Sweetie. . .hang on 'til the sun comes back up!
    • Chrysalis
      I dressed someone else's feeling about that very same sort of thing. What i said then and strongly suggest now is that you find a gender therapist! Like alcohol counselors, it is most typically Gender Therapists are trans themselves and so have been through the early stages of doubt and confusion and come through with experience and the knowledge that provides.  Hope that offers you some hope and help?
  • Upcoming Events