• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A primarily transgender school in Santiago Chile

Astrid

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)

• KayC
    • DeeDee
    • Charlize
    • ElizabethStar
    • Astrid
    • Jackie C.
    • Confused1
    • MaryEllen
    • Emily michelle
    • Shay
    • Noah A
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

JillPilled
    Newest Member
    JillPilled

1. Lou10
      Lou10
      (45 years old)
    2. OhJay
      OhJay
    • Jackie C.
      Well, counterfeiters...   I completely agree though. We need those taxes invested into America's people, her infrastructure and her quality of life.   Also, we ARE in the politics section of the forum. I'd expect it to get political in here.   Hugs!  
    • KayC
      Wow!  this thread got really political, REALLY fast.  Its obvious just being Trans does not necessarily align us with a political party.  But I do know who I can trust on these issues.  Its pretty clear. wrt Taxes.  I pay a LOT of taxes every year (way more than the current occupant of the White House) and I truly don't mind.  I understand that my (our) income comes from the collective resources of our society.  I don't mind returning my fair share.   Nobody actually MAKES their own money .. it comes from other peoples' pockets.  So, those making more than $400K a year can afford to pay more taxes and I guarantee you it will not affect their quality of life.  (and they can also afford to pay more into Medicare and Social Security too).  When everybody in the society benefits, the rich benefit also.  They just don't seem to understand that. I am more concerned about what our taxes are used for ... that's worth deciding who to vote for.
    • Shay
      I was raised Catholic and had a Polish mother so I know A LOT about the feelings of guilt. It is so good to be here at TP. I have found comfort and wisdom from those who have been there and honestly share their experiences and IT HELPS so much.
    • Confused1
      I just tried the A+ and all I can say is WOW!   Hugs, Mike
    • Jackie C.
      I'd argue that we, as Americans, need to change. We need to invest in other Americans and see that their lives have value. The rest of the developed world figured that out more than fifty years ago and they're running rings around the United States in terms of stability, security, happiness and wealth. We're becoming the kind of country that Americans have traditionally banded together with other countries to fight against and it needs to stop. It will likely be generations before we undo the damage wrought by the last fifty years of our policies, but the best time to start is now.   Hugs!
    • Shay
      Interestingly....my oldest brother died last week and yesterday I saw a collage of photos of his life. As you can imagine there were photos that included me at many different ages. I looked at these photos, many I had never seen before and I hardly knew that person I was. I saw a person who was lost and didn't know it at the time and looked lost. I hope as I transition I truly find me.
    • KayC
      Great post @JillPilled! .. thank you for sharing what, as you said, is a common theme for many of us ... and, Welcome❣️   Deep breaths ... one step at a time
    • KayC
      Good article.  Thanks @Carolyn Marie!  I am happy it seems they have come further along in the last 15-20 years to identify this as a medical issue and not an environmental/behavioral cause.  But, seems some just want to hold on to these rejected ideas, and they are still floating around out there.  Dangerous little darts.
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, @Lain and welcome!   I think we all start out despairing of ever looking feminine.  I know I did.  But I agree with the advice above: you have to work with what you have got.   One thing I didn't have was the money for facial surgery.  So I knew that I would have to make do with whatever improvements hormones could make.  I knew I would never be pretty.   So, imagine my surprise when I was getting ready to go to my support group, putting on lipstick, and I suddenly realized that I didn't recognize those lips!  And, a month or two later, it was the eyes.  My wife noticed it, too.  A couple of times, we'd be in the car, me driving, and she would stare at me and comment on how much my face had changed.   I'll still never be pretty, but when I catch a glimpse of my face in a mirror, I like what I see.  It is the face of a mature woman.  (I am 66.)   Work with what you have.  Some surgeries are options; some are not.  If you work with a therapist, who can help you with your confidence, that confidence will shine through and people will like what they see.  I hope you will, too.   Regards, Kathy
    • Charlize
      I have already voted.  I seriously can't believe my opinions will influence others but as a trans person i have one vote.  I'm married to another woman and our Supreme Court may soon endanger that union.  As a retired person, apart from  a small occasional income from working the farm, we need Social Security.  We paid into this plan all our lives, others still do but now somehow it is an entitlement.  Of course the wealthy don't have to contribute on all of their earnings.  New yachts help the economy?  The problem may not be handled in the presidential election.  Congress must change as well.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • KayC
      Isn't it WONDERFUL? ❤️
    • KayC
      Now, when I see old photos of myself its like I know that person .. but I don't really KNOW that person anymore.  Hard to describe.
    • DeeDee
      Hi Noah, I will send you a private message answering your questions so I don't hijack your thread and make it all about me! but I have found blogging to write my thoughts down on a regular basis has helped me work through a lot of the bigger thoughts and feelings.🙂
    • Noah A
      @Bobbi Jo That's huge! No matter your age
    • Astrid
      Hi @Lain, welcome to TransPulse.     Not being [fill-in-the-blank-here] enough is something that bothers many cis women, thanks to the insidious drumbeat of marketing.  For trans folks, many of whom wrestle with self-doubt, it can seem like it's a deal-breaker.  But I am in support of all the strong women above (and many others who haven't replied yet) who articulated why it's not stopped them from fulfilling who they know they are.   I have read over a hundred trans drama and romantic novels, before ultimately tiring of the genre. What 95% of them had in common was describing the trans character as "a natural" who, with a bit of makeup, a redo of their already long and full head of hair, and a killer bodycon dress on their petite body, wowed everyone and overcame the inevitable one or two anti-trans people inserted as an element of drama. Well, that isn't reality.  Particularly for those of us who are well past puberty before we act on who we know ourselves to be.   And, the whole concept of passing doesn't need to apply if, like me, you identify as trans non-binary. An AMAB, I definitely identify on the feminine side of the gender identity spectrum.  There are plenty of things I have done on my journey, including HRT, that have helped enormously.  It means I've been able to pretty much banish the bad old days of self-doubt, anger, and dysphoria.  I wouldn't want those days back, ever.  My journey is helping me arrive at a far more comfortable place than I could have imagined.   Keep in touch!  With best wishes,   Astrid
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.