• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

IcamoutofthePANtry

Hello! Possible ftm here?

IcamoutofthePANtry

Hello everyone! I'm possibly ftm, and I've come out to a few people but not my parents. Anyway, I don't usually have dysphoria. Does this mean I'm not trans? I do want a flat chest, but I don't always mind that much. I'm not bothered by my lower half, quite possibly because I don't know what a cis man's would look like. I want to start binding, but I don't want any surgeries. I have depression and anxiety, so sometimes I can't tell if that's the reason I'm unhappy, or if it's because I'm not in the right body. I also have a history of body dysmorphia and slight anorexia, so I have trouble telling the difference between my dysmorphia and my dysphoria.

Also I really need name suggestions! I know it's hard to give name ideas to someone you don't know, but I could really use some help.

Here are some names I like:

Liam

Peyton

Milo

Andrew

Terry

Noah

Oliver

Shea

Lucas

Henry

Nicholas

Greyson

Thank you!

Hugs,

IcameoutofthePANtry

Susan R

Hello @IcamoutofthePANtry Welcome to our forum.

I personally like the name Greyson but not sure if it’s you or not. Which is your favorite out of the bunch?

That’s my vote!

Susan R🌷

IcamoutofthePANtry

@Susan R Thanks for the suggestion! I like LiamPeytonAndrew, and Greyson. It's hard to decide, especially since I haven't talked to my parents yet. I'm planning to though!

Hugs,

IcameoutofthePANtry

Susan R
32 minutes ago, IcamoutofthePANtry said:

@Susan R Thanks for the suggestion! I like LiamPeytonAndrew, and Greyson. It's hard to decide, especially since I haven't talked to my parents yet. I'm planning to though!

Hugs,

IcameoutofthePANtry

Best of luck with that. It can be difficult. Just be prepared for everything.

Just Lee

Hey and welcome,

I'm trying to decide on names too. I know Lliam one of the popular names. Consider what your personality is like and family names. The 2 syllable names like Greyson and Peyton both sound very upscale so if that's your personality, those 2 would be best. If you're the friendly type, then choose one of the names that has a option for shortening like Nicholas and Andrew. I don't even have a list yet for myself. I'm ftm too. 

Timber Wolf

Hi IcamoutofthePANtry,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

My suggestion about the name is to just keep thinking about them and let one grow on you so to speak.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf🐾

KayC

Welcome! and nice to meet you!
Its not on your list ... but just thinking about it and your profile name @IcamoutofthePANtry

How 'bout - Baker

IcamoutofthePANtry

@Just Lee I am both friendly and upbeat lol.

@Timber Wolf Thank you! I've just started thinking about names so it will take awhile, but I'm prepared to wait.

@KayC I do like the name Baker. I'm not sure if it would suit me though. I'll add it to the list!

Pallas

Hello and welcome :) 

I am still questioning myself if I'm a FtM or not, you're not alone! I actually even have very similar thoughts. I don't mind my lower half, but my upper half I'm nearly sure I just want it flat, looking like a male chest. 
I start to wonder if there might be a separate "group" for people like us in that regard: FtM, but only wanting the upper-half changed. 
I'm sure there is, but I think that would be a different label than FtM.
I have no clue!

As for names, a friend of mine once told me as a suggestion to pick one and see how that feels for a while. If it doesn't work, move on to the next. Maybe that can narrow it down for you?
I personally like all of the names you have there. There are a few that my definitely my favourite, but if it's a name you want to go by possibly for the rest of your life, or at the very least use that as your true identity, then I am reluctant to say which one I would pick, because that's entirely up to you!

Who knows, maybe you'll come up with something else in the meantime too.

Dinaki

I like the name Nicholas. It sounds very masculine.

KayC
19 hours ago, Pallas said:

FtM, but only wanting the upper-half changed. 

I might be the opposite but same .. MtF wanting only the upper half (well .. and may some hips) 😁

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 90 Guests (See full list)

• Ms Maddie
    • KayC
    • Petra Jane
    • Cyndee
    • RunValRun
    • Jani
    • Shay
    • Erikka
    • Emily michelle
    • MaryMary
    • Willa
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

tessa jade
    Newest Member
    tessa jade

1. Benisar
      Benisar
      (24 years old)
    2. Zetamie
      Zetamie
      (28 years old)
    • Rorelai
      Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! From what I've seen so far on this forum you all seem like lovely people. As far as what Erikka said about my age, when I came out I really felt like I had no other choice if I wanted to keep moving forward in my life. I know not everyone has the same support network and resources to transition while they're younger, and I recognize the privilege I have in that sense. Sometimes I find myself wishing I had come out sooner, but doing so won't change the hand I was dealt. I look up to all of you no matter when you came out, because that takes courage no matter the age.   
    • Erikka
      Hei alle Chris Squire was awesome. I saw Yes on their Fragile  tour in 1972, oddly enough they were the opening act for Black Sabbath. On the subject of great bassists, Greg Ridley, Spooky Tooth and Humble Pie fame, was so solid on laying down some really great bar band bass tracks especially with Humble Pie. Ronnie Lane was another great  bar band bassist. Laying down a great foundation is the make or break factor of a band.
    • Shay
      shucks just one more with Tal Wickenfeld....   https://youtu.be/VC02wGj5gPw  
    • Shay
      July 7 as I wait for my first HRT persciptions.....I now WHO I am .... how about some WHO -    https://youtu.be/oyR3TzIgi-U   I mentioned recently one of the underrated bass players of all time - here's an example of what he can do   https://youtu.be/oyR3TzIgi-U   And check out Tal Wickenfeld - at the time like 18 and from Australia - I became a fan immediately and wished I could look a little like her .. https://youtu.be/Kn2Yvjd5kqY    
    • Erikka
      Velkommen Rory This is a great support to have in corner. You will find many ideas, informations and opinions here. Many of us are here by way of Jackie Rabbit's vids. I envy your age for transitioning. For many of us life got in our way and it was not possible to get here until later and late in our lives. So read, comment and post. Velsignelser Erikka
    • Erikka
      I got the first one with my ex's blessing. When decided just one ear looked unbalanced and I wanted to have a more feminine look, my ex blew a gasket, She said that with an earring in both ears I would be competing with her  femininity, but while on a business trip I got the other ear pierced and reluctantly accepted it. The second set of holes I had wanted almost as soon as I got the second ear pierced. I waited until several milestones had been reached, one of those was when I finally and completely declared myself to be unapologetically trans. 
    • SaraAW
      Thanks Rory! Hugs!
    • SaraAW
      Entwhistle had to be great to keep up with and not fade into the background when competing on stage with Moon and Townshend.   Don't know how I hadn't heard of Wilkenfeld before, just listened to a couple of her tunes on Spotify. Digging the sound.
    • Rorelai
      It's always exciting to hear when people have the support of their family. Even if they're not perfect all the time it really goes a long way in making it easier to transition. Good luck if/when you tell others and I can't wait to hear more about your journey!
    • Suzanne1
      Well, birthdays can be unpleasant in any number of ways.  I've never viewed my birthday as being something to celebrate, but it had nothing to do w/ gender identity.  For me it simply marked a day when I became another year older, and a year closer to death.  I now have a related, but different perspective----however, that perspective has even less appreciation for my birthday.
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone,🐈   Happy birthday Benisar!🎂 Happy birthday Zetamie!🎂 Hope you have a wonderful day!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Shay
      thank you....and Tom Petty...sign....my band does about 30 Tom Petty and i sing lead and our lead player is a Mike Campbell disciple and can play every lick Mike does including the slide work. Our favorite soon to play is...Running Down a Dream".  
    • SaraAW
      Hang in there girl!  I know how rough the anticipation can be. Put on some chill tunes and take it easy or pick up an axe and chop out some licks to take the edge off of that nervous energy. Hope your day is wonderful! Hugs!
    • Suzanne1
      I briefly scanned a journal article while waiting for an old acquaintance, sometime late last year (sorry, I can't remember the journal title, but it was in the area of social psych), that indicated that the whole notion of so-called "trigger-warnings" was inherently unhealthy, tending to enable avoidant-behaviours & a few other undesirable traits.    I'm kinda inclined to agree.
    • Cyndee
      Good Morning Shay, I hope today is magic for you !      
  • Upcoming Events