• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shay

today is the day...1st HRT consult...all smiles

Shay

in about 2 hour, 37 minutes (but who is counting) i have my first professional hrt consult. I self hrt'ed a few years ago (bad idea). 

I am ready and excited....

Charlize

It sounds like you aren't excited at all.  I'm sure as i see it is several meetings since your post that the calmness is growing.  Thank you for reminding me of the excitement i felt some time ago.  I had just filled my prescription as a major hurricane approached.  The fact that i had that medication made the storm and the damage it caused bearable.

Enjoy!

Hugs,

Charlize

KayC

Looking forward to hearing how it goes, Shay.  Good luck❣️

Shay

thank you and even a hurricane won't stop me from making this teleconference - I'm signed in 1-1/2 hours early to make sure I could figure out this zoom thing and mychart.... hope I got it right...☺️

Kaltia_Atlas

I have my first in office consult today too! Leaving at 2:30 to be there before 4. My wife and I will probably sit in the parking lit for half an hour... But it will be worth it. 

It might still be a while before I actually start HRT, but I'm at least getting information for moving forward! Can't wait I'm so excited!!

Shay

I can totally understand and I can't say enough about your wife supporting you. 

I had my blood tests last week but my HRT NP needed a couple additional tests - so I jumped in my car and had the blood drawn today. I'm not crazy about needles but that should tell you how much this means to me.

Good Luck to you Kaltia - I'll be thinking on you (actually you are there right now). 

Please let us know how things go,

Shay

Dinaki

Bonne chance chère Shay

Shay

Thank you for the "Good Luck" message - I appreciate it so much....

Shay (all smiles)

Kaltia_Atlas

So the appointment went AMAZING!!! I swear, Becca even started getting a little excited and really interested in everything! We learned so much and the Dr has such an amazing personality! We love her!!! And she was straight forward with everything! 

After the appointment, Becca and I talked and made a deal. When we have conceived another child, and have our own house, I can start HRT. Between now and then, I can work on electrolysis, and work on vocal training.... So excited!!!

Kaltia_Atlas

Shay... I'm sorry if I seem like I took over your thread! How did everything go for you?!?!

Shay

everything went fine for me. i start hrt next week. i,am so glad your wife is supportive and having another child bedore turning off the sperm is a wonderful idea. i think it,sounds much better then,freezing it. both of your,decisions together are wise and be extremely happy she is with you in this journey. You are a very lucky woman.

Shay

KayC

@Kaltia_Atlas and @Shay  Happy it went so well for both of you❣️

Susan R

Congratulations @Shay & @Kaltia_Atlas . I know that you’re both very happy right about now. The thought of taking that very first dose is still as fresh in my mind as it was back then. I’m sure you‘ll both will have this memory for the rest of your life. Another huge milestone soon to be completed for the both of you ladies.

Best of luck on your next adventure!

Susan R🌷

Kaltia_Atlas

❤️ I love all of you! Thank you so much for the support! @Shay so happy for you and proud of you! This was a very good day for both of us indeed!

Have a good night ladies!

Hugz ❤️

Kali

Carrie

Hi Kaltia

I am so happy for you. We all are here to support each other that is why it is so wonderful here.

Hugs 💖

Carrie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• Shay
    • carlly
    • Emily michelle
    • MaryEllen
    • MaryMary
    • QuestioningAmber
    • TransMex
    • Charlize
    • ElizabethStar
    • A. Dillon
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

carlly
    Newest Member
    carlly

1. -Lucky_Deity-
      -Lucky_Deity-
      (23 years old)
    2. Violet_R
      Violet_R
      (24 years old)
    • Emily michelle
      That drives me nuts cleaning grease out. Not having to take a bath in gear or hydraulic oil would be nice to haha. I would miss the company truck though 
    • Charlize
      When i  was a younger person i was totally unable to accept myself.  Much of that was due to the climate at that time.  There simply were no trans folks around.  If i had a chance to dress i couldn't look at my face in the mirror.  Maybe a skirt, my legs or chest (augmented) could pass but i saw a guy in the mirror.  HRT has helped but more importantly was a growth confidence.  As Jackie mentioned confidence took a great deal of time.  I got wigs and finally went outside, scared to death.  I lived with that fear most of my life.  Just as you describe i was depressed but once i found this site found support and really started to try i somehow slowly have lost that fear.  It wasn't an easy journey.  No magic pills like in my dreams, but one little step at a time has given me peace. Hang in there.  It gets better   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Jani
      We'll have to work on that.  In the meantime, click on the Transpulse link at the left side in the green bar.  Look for Resources and there they are.     Jani 
    • Leah
      The links don't work. Is there a newer version?  
    • Tori M
      Congrats, Tory!  (Love the name, btw 😁) Finally making those first steps of progress does feel SO good, doesn't it?  With practice, those needles become easier, too.  I know, I've been known to almost black out from shots and I did black out a few minutes when I got my ears pierced.  Despite working in a hospital for years (in I.T.), I've been terrified of needles and anything medical my whole life.  I was that kid that used to scream, cry and try to run away.  I am so sensitive to pain, I swear I can feel a needle inside my veins, which isn't really possible, but it makes my stomach flip.  Being fairly healthy I've escaped any "medical assaults" until I started HRT.  It's critically important to monitor your chem levels throughout the process, so hang in there, it really does get better.   A couple of tips from experience... one, don't be afraid of telling them about your fear/anxiety.  I was so embarrassed to tell them but found they are very understanding and will usually thank you for warning them, because you are not the only one.  They've had patients pass out, so they would much rather know ahead of time.  Two, if they're not already using them, ask the blood drawer to use a "butterfly".  The needle is so short/tiny you can barely feel it and it doesn't move around while they're drawing.   Recent experience with a blood disorder which requires that I get frequent phlebotomies brought on a whole new level of fear.  This is similar to donating blood and uses a larger needle so they can capture the larger blood cells.  When they first told me about it, I was absolutely terrified!  I seriously didn't think I could do it, but my life depended on it.  So, I told the phlebotomist I might pass out and then used distraction techniques like you mentioned.  It really hurt at first but eased up after they got the needle in and settled for about 15 minutes while a pint drained out.  Each time I've had one since, it got easier and easier until now (after a dozen or so), believe it or not, I can do it without any anxiety at all.  The experienced nurses/technicians are SO good at what they do!  The great thing is that after I got used to that big needle, I don't even feel the little ones anymore!  So, to anyone with the needle fear, I now recommend donating blood as a [courageous] way to resolve the problem.   For HRT, I would suggest you ask for estradiol tabs that you can dissolve under your tongue.  I still don't think I could give myself shots, especially into the muscle.  Good luck with your therapy.  In a couple of months you're going to start feeling much more like "yourself".
    • Shay
      Thank you - does it sound sort of like early Kansas to you?
    • Shay
      aha... I was also the person who wrote procedures for ISO and gage calibration traceable to NIST....   I definitely can believe it - I would suspect comparing general population and trans that the trans have a higher density of left handedness than the general population. I guess that's why a lot of us come from a creative background. That to would be an interesting study comparing trans creative backgrounds (music, art, theatre, quilting, knitting sewing, crafts, etc.) to the general population. I would guess the percentage would also be higher for trans.
    • Teri Anne
      Loved the clip Shay
    • SaraAW
      Yep, similar.  Green belt and am currently a fraud and security analyst as part of my job. I am constantly buried in data and I love it. Found one study, behind a paywall ; however, the abstract makes mention of: Numerous studies demonstrate that male-to-female (MTF) transgender people have higher rates of left-handedness, but the theoretical basis for this difference is not well described. 
    • Shay
      I come from an Industrial Engineering, statistics, 6 sigma, Green Belt background... sounds like you have a similar statistics and data background or interest. Certainly need larger samples and I'm sure the confidence level on our study is not very good. It was just interesting and I have heard about the studies you refer to.    What I would really find interesting (and there probably is one) - a study of transpeople and handedness compared to handedness of the major binary genders and maybe handedness of intersex and all the other gender categories.
    • SaraAW
      Too bad we didn't get more respondents, difficult to really draw any conclusions from the sample size, the fact it was sourced from here only and self-reported. Still, definitely interesting. Does not reflect the larger populations distribution of handedness by a very large margin. There is still so much we don't know in regards to the origins of handedness. it would be interesting if a larger study were conducted and if it would provide any additional insight to how / why handedness develops. There are a couple of studies showing exposure in utero to a particular synthetic estrogen used in the 50's to early 70's increased prevalence of left-handedness. There are studies also showing that exposure to androgens in utero may have a small impact to gender. To me, there is something to explore here to see if there is any correlation between being trans and handedness.
    • TrIIIy
      Congratulations, Ronin! Glad that you’re happy with your progress. More good things to come! *And isn’t it great that you can choose your chosen family?
    • SaraAW
      Today is pop and rock reimagined in funk, swing and big band. A mix of Postmodern Jukebox, Scary Pockets and some other bands.
    • Shay
      That is excellent news - I will be listening this weekend. I remember meeting Rich Williams at the University of Toledo when they had 1 album out and they were opening for Queen. My band Silverhorse released a single called WEARINESS in late 1979 and WMMS in Cleveland kept playing our song and Carry On My Wayward Son back to back saying we sounded like Kansas. I thought that was weird being we had no keyboards or violin... but I'm happy people seemed to like us. Too bad the band imploded just before we signed with Atlantic Records - but that's another story. For now I'm including our song Weariness - let me know if you think there is any resemblance. weariness.mp3
    •  Kylie
      Thanks for pointers! I’ve had to remind my surgeon and nurse that despite the fact both K and my best friend here with me are Nurses; this is a totally different experience for us both. So I’ve been following their guidance to a T!   having some lunch now. Probably rest a bit then walk around a bit after while. ☺️
  • Upcoming Events