• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Psychiatrist SRS/GRS

Carrie

Hi everyone

Yesterday I saw my psychiatrist for the first time. When I asked when he would like to see me again he said he did not need to see me again.  He gave me a letter of support for SRS surgery. For a Dr Chettawut  in Bangkok, Thailand.

I think one of the reasons that this happened on my first visit to him is because I have lived as Carrie for the last 29 years.

Has anyone used this doctor in Thailand before. Would love to here back from you.

Many thanks

Carrie ??

Congrats on the referral. Well that's a nice change from the usual gatekeeping. No feedback on the doc in Thailand.

Thanks Sara

It surprised me as well.  I thought I would have to see him a few times at least.  

Chettawut is a plastic surgeon that started 1995 only, that tells you that he is young and is not having a good experience.

In general, in Bangkok, all surgeries are truly not expensive but there is a price to pay if everything goes correctly. In this case dear Carrie, you do not want to gamble, stay way from him.

I would not let someone that has no experience, not even pulling my tooth.

I am certain that in Sydney, you have some experienced doctors in the field. 

Visit this website, it is near you somewhere in Sydney Gender Reassignment Surgery

Hi Dinaki

In Sydney it would cost $52,000 and that is without the hospital fees. Health insurance does not cover surgery in Australia.  I would not see any surgeon until I have spoken to someone who has already been to him.  I need to know his work is good before I make any commitments.

I have already spoken to the Gender Centre about meeting ladies who have been to Thailand and hearing from their experiences and how happy they were with what was done. ?

I have waited this long a little longer hurts no one. 

I do not expect anything until the middle or end of next year. 

Thank you

Carrie 

As long as you talked with ladies that have been under Chettaut's knife, what can I say. You know better than me.

Remember you will have to add to the expenses, airplane tickets (round trip), hotel accomodation there.

I hope NOT, but what if something wrong happens to you while you recuperate back in Sydney? Tailand is way too far from Sydney dear.

Do very well your homework Carrie!

I have already spoken to someone who  had been over there. She was quite happy.

The visit over there is about four weeks.  There are rooms attached to the hospital that I looked at before and that was part of the cost.  Still a lot of research to be done before I take any sort of action of any kind.  I am not rushing in just because I have permission to do something does not me I need to act now. There is time and I will do my homework first. ?

This was on the doctors web.

Professional Organizations

Member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)

Member of the Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand

Member of the Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand

Member of the Royal college of Surgeons of Thailand

And this is his link please let me know what you think.  I will be talking to my doctor and see what she can find out for me as well as talking to the Gender Centre for their feedback.

http://www.chet-plasticsurgery.com/dr-chettawut-srs-surgeon-bangkok-thailand/

All thoughts concerns and ideas would be welcome.

Sincerely 

Carrie ?

I have spoken to my Dad last night and my Mum this morning and they are both very supportive.

So I would like to say thank you for listening to me and what ever views you might give me.\

Thank you so very much

Carrie ?:score:

Hi everyone

Dr Ives is the surgeon that I contacted in Australia about 18 months ago.  He practices in the state next to NSW.  He is in Melbourne Victoria. And this is his link.

https://transsurgeryaustralia.com.au/index.php

The surgery in Thailand with Dr Dr Chettawut  costs about 18 hundred dollars more than in Melbourne Australia. Both the surgeons appear to be very good at what they do.  In both places I would need to find costs for accommodation.

With no insurance Thailand seems cheaper because that includes all fees from the operation while in Melbourne I would need to all or most of the hospital costs. 

I will probably spend most of the rest of this year doing research to find out as much as possible. Then I will decide which is better for me.

I would really appreciate any thoughts or suggestions any one can give me.  Especially from those who have already been through this procedure. 

Many Many thanks

Carrie

• Forum Moderator

Carrie, as you do your research remember that cost alone should not the primary determinant of who you select to do this procedure.  While the financial aspect is very important, for a few hundred or even thousand dollars over a life time is insignificant. Find a doctor you are totally comfortable with, that you are assured of giving the best results, and aftercare (as needed).  There are many surgeons that have excellent results but remember that our bodies are all unique and no one can guaranteed what the results will be with 100% certainty.  Remember too that when you read reviews online that a dissatisfied customer is 10 times more prevalent to write a review than a satisfied patient.   So take your time, review all possible resources and include doctors that may not advertise much. There are hidden gems everywhere.  In the end you'll be comfortable with your decision. All my best to you! 

Cheers, 
Jani

Thanks Jani

The psychiatrist that I spoke to said that he knew many of t he doctors in Thailand and he gave me that name but until I actually speak to women who have been to that surgeon I will not be able to come to a proper conclusion. As you say anything can be written online so it is the people that have experience with those doctors that I need to get a better idea from. 

Again Many thanks

Carrie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 126 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • Mmindy
    • Maddee
    • Charlize
    • KymmieL
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Melissa_J
    Newest Member
    Melissa_J

1. Amyjay
      Amyjay
      (58 years old)
    2. bettyjean
      bettyjean
    3. Breanna
      Breanna
      (52 years old)
    4. Emily Ayla
      Emily Ayla
    5. JET182
      JET182
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,   @KymmieLI hope you're misreading your bosses communications. As you say keep plugging a long. Don't give them signs that you're slow quitting, just to collect unemployment.   I have a few things to do business wise, and will be driving to the St. Louis, MO area for two family gatherings.   Have a great day,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • KymmieL
      Good morning everyone, TGIFF   It seems like I am the one keeping or shop from being the best. According to the boss. I don't know if my days are numbered or not. But anymore I am waiting for the axe to fall. Time will tell.   I keep plugging a long.   Kymmie
    • KymmieL
      In the warmer weather, Mine is hitting the road on the bike. Just me, the bike, and the road. Other is it music or working on one of my many projects.   Kymmie
    • LC
      That is wonderful. Congratulations!
    • Heather Shay
      What is relaxation to you? Nature? Movie? Reading? Cuddling with a pet? Music?
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Having just a normal emotional day.
    • Heather Shay
      AMUSEMENT The feeling when you encounter something silly, ironic, witty, or absurd, which makes you laugh. You have the urge to be playful and share the joke with others. Similar words: Mirth Amusement is the emotional reaction to humor. This can be something that is intended to be humorous, like when someone tells a good joke or when a friend dresses up in a ridiculous costume. But it can also be something that you find funny that was not intended to be humorous, like when you read a sign with a spelling error that turns it into an ironic pun. For millennia, philosophers and scholars have been attempting to explain what exactly it is that makes something funny. This has led to several different theories. Nowadays, the most widely accepted one is the Incongruity Theory, which states that something is amusing if it violates our standards of how things are supposed to be. For example, Charlie Chaplin-style slapstick is funny because it violates our norms of competence and proper conduct, while Monty Python-style absurdity is funny because it violates reason and logic. However, not every standard or norm violation is necessarily funny. Violations can also evoke confusion, indignation, or shock. An important condition for amusement is that there is a certain psychological distance to the violation. One of the ways to achieve this is captured by the statement ‘comedy is tragedy plus time’. A dreadful mistake today may become a funny story a year from now. But it can also be distant in other ways, for instance, because it happened to someone you do not know, or because it happens in fiction instead of in real life. Amusement also needs a safe and relaxed environment: people who are relaxed and among friends are much more likely to feel amused by something. A violation and sufficient psychological distance are the basic ingredients for amusement, but what any one person find funny will depend on their taste and sense of humor. There are dozens of ‘humor genres’, such as observational comedy, deadpan, toilet humor, and black comedy. Amusement is contagious: in groups, people are more prone to be amused and express their amusement more overtly. People are more likely to share amusement when they are with friends or like-minded people. For these reasons, amusement is often considered a social emotion. It encourages people to engage in social interactions and it promotes social bonding. Many people consider amusement to be good for the body and the soul. By the end of the 20th century, humor and laughter were considered important for mental and physical health, even by psychoneuroimmunology researchers who suggested that emotions influenced immunity. This precipitated the ‘humor and health movement’ among health care providers who believed that humor and laughter help speed recovery, including in patients suffering from cancer1). However, the evidence for health benefits of humor and laughter is less conclusive than commonly believed2. Amusement is a frequent target of regulation: we down-regulate it by shifting our attention to avoid inappropriate laughter, or up-regulate it by focusing on a humorous aspect of a negative situation. Interestingly, amusement that is purposefully up-regulated has been found to have the same beneficial physical and psychological effects as the naturally experienced emotion. Amusement has a few clear expressions that emerge depending on the intensity of the emotion. When people are mildly amused, they tend to smile or chuckle. When amusement intensifies, people laugh out loud and tilt or bob their head. The most extreme bouts of amusement may be accompanied by uncontrollable laughter, tears, and rolling on the floor. Most cultures welcome and endorse amusement. Many people even consider a ‘good sense of humor’ as one of the most desirable characteristics in a partner. At the same time, most cultures have (implicit) rules about what is the right time and place for amusement. For example, displays of amusement may be deemed inappropriate in situations that demand seriousness or solemness, such as at work or during religious rituals.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • April Marie
      Good morning, everyone!!! Two cups of coffee in the books and I am just feeling so wonderful this morning. Not sure why, but I'm happy and smiling.   Enjoy this beautiful day!!!
    • Heather Shay
      A U.S. dollar bill can be folded approximately 4,000 times in the same place before it will tear. -You cannot snore and dream at the same time. -The average person walks the equivalent of three times around the world in a lifetime. -A hippo’s wide open mouth is big enough to fit a 4-foot-tall child in. -Chewing gum while you cut an onion will help keep you from crying.
    • Susan R
      Love it! This is great news. We need more of this to combat the excessive hate-filled rhetoric and misinformation. 👍
    • Susan R
      The experience was the same for me @April Marie. I slept much deeper and I woke up each morning feeling so much more restful sleeping with forms solidly in place. For me, wearing breast forms at night started when before I was a teenager. I had no access up to modern breast forms and certainly no way to buy mastectomy bras back then. I wore a basic bra my mom had put in a donation box and two pairs of soft cotton socks. I have some crazy memories of things I did in my youth to combat my GD but regardless, these makeshift concoctions helped me work through it all.   All My Best, Susan R🌷
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.