• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ears pierced

Jordyn1215225

A little while back my wife and i went shopping. We stopped at a clothing store and she helped me pick out some very cute panties and a bra.  We also got a couple cute packs of earrings for when i finally get my ears pierced.  

Well that day was today. I asked my wife if we could get my ears pierced today and she said that was fine. We went to the store and the nice lady asked if she can help me.  I said ya im getting my ears pierced today.  She asked one or both ears. I said both.  And within ten min i was paying and walking out the door.  

• Admin

Oh great, this Trans stuff does put new holes in our heads!!  LOL.

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Becoming Jordan said:

I asked my wife if we could get my ears pierced today and she said that was fine.

You have a very special wife. That’s good news for sure. A big congratulations on getting your ears pierced too. That took me awhile to get the nerve up to finally do it for myself. You made it look like a walk in the park. What kind of studs did you get?

Susan R?

I want to get my ears pierced so bad but I’m concerned about the backlash I would get at work. I’m gonna have to wait until my hair covers it better. That is great having a supportive wife like that it makes it so much easier and it’s another way for you guys to bond. At least it has been with me and my wife.

Try having no hair,absolutely nowhere for the ears to hide Emily michelle!  Totally agree, would love to have both ears done, but it would be too noticable for me to do just now.  Well done Jordan! ?

• Forum Moderator

It was my 63rd birthday and my wife asked what i wanted.  We were soon at the mall and i was getting my ears pierced dressed as myself with her at my side.  That was the first time we had gone out together with me as myself.  Within weeks i was full time.  Getting my ears pierced was somehow quite an important step in my journey.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I got my ears pierces (with encouragement from my wife) while I was still going out in male mode. 

Before I did so, knowing that I would have to keep the piercing studs in 24x7 for six weeks, I kept my eyes open for men with pierced ears.  My big worry was the guys at the firehall.  The worries ended when I noticed at the weekly practice that the gruff, macho deputy chief had gold earrings.  Two relevant observations were that I hadn't noticed them before, and that no one gave him any hassle about them.

So I went ahead and got them done.  No one even noticed.  Six weeks later, when I replaced the piercing studs with nice silver ball studs, no one noticed that either.  A year later, when I came out publicly, no one even connected it to the earrings.

I would encourage anyone considering getting their ears pierced to just do it.

• Forum Moderator

I got my ears pierced without my wife’s blessing.  It was just after Christmas 2016.  Our granddaughters were with us.  I went to the store said I wanted my ears pierced picked out some starters and that was that.  This was actually before I knew I was transgender although I was beginning to think about that possibility.  I did get some comments but most people are polite enough not to say anything.

Willow

2 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

I would encourage anyone considering getting their ears pierced to just do it.

Me, too.  Here in the states at least, I see plenty of [straight] guys with buzz cuts and two earrings.

That's awesome Jordan! Once it is safe for me to be able to go out into public without putting my wife at risk (health), I will first be getting my hair done, then brows done, followed by piercing my ears. I have a couple pairs of clip ons, but wearing them for any real length of time really hurts the lobes.

On 7/3/2020 at 6:54 PM, Becoming Jordan said:

A little while back my wife and i went shopping. We stopped at a clothing store and she helped me pick out some very cute panties and a bra.  We also got a couple cute packs of earrings for when i finally get my ears pierced.  

Well that day was today. I asked my wife if we could get my ears pierced today and she said that was fine. We went to the store and the nice lady asked if she can help me.  I said ya im getting my ears pierced today.  She asked one or both ears. I said both.  And within ten min i was paying and walking out the door.  

What’s the recovery time like? I’m an online gamer and have been wanting mine pierced. I’m just curious how long I’ll have to game sans headset if I get mine pierced.

• Forum Moderator

It can very but generally 6 to 8 weeks with proper care.  You can’t take them out during the healing process but you do have to lean and spin them. Most starters are either gold balls or may have a cubic zirconium.  They are generally small so depending on your headset you might not have to stop. Pads that sit on your ear but not on your earlobe shouldn’t be an issue or a sound reduction headphone that completely surrounds your ear should be fine. Earbuds even better.

Willow

Mine are over the ear. But for the moment, my awkward sitting position means the left side rests right on certain parts of the ear and mashes into my earlobe.

I want them pierced ASAP...but part of me figures if vocal surgery will render me mute for a month or more...I could kill two birds with one stone and getting my ears pierced around the same time. Being mute means wearing a headset is optional as I couldn’t communicate anyway.

I got mine pierced in stages. First one ear, two years later the other ear and 20 years after that I got a second set of piercings in my ears when I made the decision to finally come out and start living as full time. Love my piercings.

If im not mistaken. Men get there left ear pierced and thats supposed to be ok.  Both ears not manly.  Lol

On a side note.  Its crazy that so far only one person has made a comment and it was not negative 

53 minutes ago, Becoming Jordan said:

If im not mistaken. Men get there left ear pierced and thats supposed to be ok.  Both ears not manly.  Lol

On a side note.  Its crazy that so far only one person has made a comment and it was not negative 

I think the one-ear thing was obliterated by Dennis Rodman.

1 hour ago, Becoming Jordan said:

When I was 13 I got my left ear pierced. At the time the phrase 'left is right, right is wrong' was in play, meaning if you were male and had your right ear pierced, that meant you were gay *gasp*. Ah, the stupidity of the mid 80s. Anyway, at 15 I pierced my other ear with a safety pin and a potato. A year or two later I pierced both ears a second time, so that I could wear two earrings in each ear. I don't wear 4 these days, just one per ear, but the other two piercing holes are still open should I ever be bothered to use them.

I got the first one with my ex's blessing. When decided just one ear looked unbalanced and I wanted to have a more feminine look, my ex blew a gasket, She said that with an earring in both ears I would be competing with her  femininity, but while on a business trip I got the other ear pierced and reluctantly accepted it. The second set of holes I had wanted almost as soon as I got the second ear pierced. I waited until several milestones had been reached, one of those was when I finally and completely declared myself to be unapologetically trans. 

I got mine pierced as soon as the shops were allowed to open again. Now I need more holes in my ears and more tattoos.

5 hours ago, Chloé Rei said:

I got mine pierced as soon as the shops were allowed to open again. Now I need more holes in my ears and more tattoos.

I’m the opposite on tattoos. I have only one, gotten long before I realized who I was. It’s nothing bad, but its prominent placement in my left arm isn’t ideal. I’m having an artist friend make a picture copy of it so I can have it removed and still keep the art.

• Forum Moderator
On 7/3/2020 at 9:03 PM, VickySGV said:

Oh great, this Trans stuff does put new holes in our heads!!  LOL.

Vicky, you just made me laugh out loud enough that my wife came in to see if I was ok.

That was a real spit take for me.

• Forum Moderator

Hi, 

I don’t mind a carefully place hole but no tattoos.  To each his (or her) own.

i have pierced my nipples, but took them out.  Same with my belly button.  Those are fully healed and closed.  I don’t care for facial piercings.  I’d get a second earlobe piercing but I don’t think I’d get away with that.

Willow