• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

jae bear

10 days and counting to SRS

jae bear

It’s getting so close now, and of course I worry that surgeries will be delayed again if Covid gets worse, but so far things are still marching along and my scheduled SRS is 10 days away. Of course it will be awful if it gets delayed but I’m a big girl, I’ll just figure out what to focus on next and do what needs to be done... I’ve been going back to school so I will just shift my focus towards my schoolwork and see if I could complete the practicum portion before surgery? Otherwise I’m just going to Work my tail off and get everything ready, eight days from now I have to start the bowl prep process and a clear liquid diet before surgery...

7165384F-1651-4BBB-BF2D-EB8C71BBEE65.jpeg

Carrie

Hi Jae

I am very happy for you.  Thank you for pointing to this site I am amazed at the lovely people here. 

May your surgery be on time and as easy as possible.

Take care

Carrie

Susan R
44 minutes ago, jae bear said:

so far things are still marching along and my scheduled SRS is 10 days away.

Wow, this is an incredible time for you @jae bear. The anticipation must be daunting. I wish you the best of all possible outcomes with your surgery and recovery. Keep us updated!

My Best,

Susan R🌷

KathyLauren

How exciting, @jae bear!  It was only back in March that I was in the same position, so I remember the feeling well.  It will be a whirlwind of activity, but enjoy every minute of it.  I wish you an excellent outcome!

KayC

Just connected @jae bear and catching up on some of your previous posts.  You've come a long way!

Wishing you all the best❣️

Cyndee

@Jae Bear - I agree with Kathy, it is a whirlwind, and time moves at different rhythm then. My fingers are crossed for you, that circumstances will be kind.

Best

Cyndee

VickySGV

You are heading into the eye of the storm for sure.  It will go fast though, and then the healing journey will begin. 

BrandiBri

Wow, you've come so far Ino the last two years! So happy for you and wishing you the best! 

Jani

Oh  Jackie, I remember when you first came on board here!  Quite a different person now, confident and beautiful!  I'm happy that you've come to this point and know it will go fine. 

Hugs, Jani

Dinaki

Dear @jae bear, if any pain you'll experience, may be pain of happiness and joy!

jae bear

Well, just a few more days now, I had my last day at work yesterday and I’m just kind of lying around cleaning up a bit... I have to start drinking the bowel prep gallon of horrors tomorrow, not looking forward to it but I’m sure I’ll do just fine. I’ll make the occasional post here as I am recovering, let you girls know how I’m doing- I’m glad the day is finally coming, sometimes I’m excited about it sometimes I’m relieved, but mostly I’m glad I got this far and things all seem to of worked out just fine!

7E51D425-5EE3-47D8-BDC5-350E0B3899D5.jpeg

Dinaki

Always keep smiling dear @jae bear.Good Luck!!!

Jackie C.

Good luck! Especially with the bowel prep. That was brutal.

Hugs!

KathyLauren

Good luck, @jae bear

I didn't find the bowel prep that bad.  On the other hand, bringing my guts back online afterwards was brutal.  I had enough gas to fill the Goodyear blimp!

Mmindy
1 hour ago, jae bear said:

I’m glad I got this far and things all seem to of worked out just fine!

Prayers, Positive Thoughts, Candles, and Incense are lit for you to have a safe and speedy recovery.

Thank you for being the Mama Bear as Jackie Rabbit too. You have been such a big help.

>Hugs<

Mindy🐛🌈🦋

Jani

All my best to you dear Jackie!  As to the prep, we all must go through the tough time to get to the good ones.  I'll be in touch.

Hugs, Jani

VickySGV

Drink it up lass it all comes out fine in the end!!  Do be sure your doctor lets them give you Gas-X for the first couple of days but you will do fine.

Cyndee

The bowel prep and the fasting is kinda brutal in it's own way, then you can look forward to that first meal on the other side, sure tastes great !

Best wishes

Cyndee

DeeDee

Good luck with everything Jackie! :)

Tory Aoi

I'm so happy for you!  I wish you the best of luck, I'm sure everything will turn out fine of course!

Madelyn

That’s awesome, so happy for you🤗

jae bear

Thank you girls for all the really kind and hilarious comments, a few of those I laughed out loud so hard I think it shook the walls! I’m sure I’ll get through it just fine, I’ve already mixed up the jug of horribleness and have everything ready for tomorrow morning. Not my first rodeo so I’ll just “go with the flow”!

Hugs to you all!

Jackie

36385F0E-8F81-4CA8-84FD-575763FFE8A3.jpeg

KayC

That's great Jackie!

Sending sincere prayers for a smooth procedure and recovery🙏  Thank you so much for all you do to share your journey with us❣️

jae bear

Well, it’s 9 AM, everything is prepared so I guess I’m off to the races! Wish me luck!

Jackie C.

Luck!

Big hugs. It'll be over before you know it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 73 Guests (See full list)

• Jackie C.
    • Shay
    • MaryMary
    • Jani
    • Becoming Jordan
    • Luhleleri
    • Susan R
    • MaryEllen
    • Kylie
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

myt10
    Newest Member
    myt10

1. Eden
      Eden
      (65 years old)
    • Jani
      What other songs about weekdays can you think of.  Here's The Boomtown Rats with I Don't like Mondays.      
    • Jani
      Another cool band from the 60's.  Can't forget "Friday on my mind"  (Even my old man looks good!)      
    • Jani
      Many including myself believe that live here on Earth can be both Heaven or Hell.  It all depends upon how we live.  Stay true to who you are and live a good life.  If there is an afterlife, you will be fine.  I was also raised in a religious family and I do not believe god is an angry or vengeful deity.  
    • Jani
      Thanks Heather @Shay.  It is a beautiful sentiment.  We are all stronger together.    Jani
    • Naz86
      I’ve had the same question in my head since I can remember and What I’ve come to believe is if you’re pure at heart and a decent human being there’s always a place for you heaven. We leave our body behind and our souls are the only thing that lives in the after life.    be true and be yourself    rest is up to god 😁
    • MaryMary
      Your story is very similar to mine. What you are feeling is normal. Those who are close to a transgender person that is making a transition go trough a transition themselves. Identity is something very abstract until you are in the situation you are in. It's normal to go trough a kind of mourning and to feel like you are losing someone in the beginning. It's still very much the same person but identity working the way it works I think it trigger something in our brain. My ex has gone trough the same thing you are going trough right now. Don't be too hard on yourself and give yourself some space and time to process and adjust to all of this. The fact that you are here and have a strong desire to help and support him is already something incredible and very beautiful to me, keep it up Sometimes I feel that since we have no "template" for your situation it's easy to feel very bad and react negatively when in reality you are experiencing something very normal.   Anecdote : My ex when I was at the same point in my transition was bitching Mary because she saw her as a competition for him. Yet, him and her were all just... me. lol It's so special when you think about it. It's not easy and if you ever need help or if you ever need to talk don't hesitate to write again in our forum
    • Susan R
      Hello @myt10 and welcome to our forum. I hope we can help. I want to say that I admire you for taking time to reach out and try to understand your feelings and fears as you venture into this new unknown. My wife was where you are two years ago and it was difficult. Your feelings are totally understandable and your spouse needs to understand that you have to make adjustments also if they want your support. They sound like are in a big hurry but for them it’s like the shot was fired and they are only trying to realize their dream of becoming their true self. Right now communication is key. You need to get them to really listen to you. They need to validate your feeling more than anyone here on this forum. You seem like you are not having an issue with the possible transition but it’s just moving a little too fast for you right now. This is a common complaint by even the most accepting spouses and partners of a transgender individual who has recently come out. Is your spouse really hearing you and understanding your needs? You might ask them straight up what they think your biggest fear is and see what their response is. Often they are reading your actions and nonverbal responses to their changes as negative. They may not understand what you need. I would ask your spouse if they might be interested in going to therapy with a gender focused counselor. This may help you both compromise with each other to make this unknown a little more predictable for you both.  My wife and I made similar arrangements and it worked very well. A good therapist can help fit a plan to you and your spouse with more complete information. I would definitely look into this as an option. Thank you for sharing...I know it’s difficult but you two have all the makings of a couple that can weather this storm.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • SaraAW
      Thanks @Susan R. That's the goal, help her come to acceptance and continue loving each other. Have a great day! Hugs!
    • Niamh
      So I'm 62 - does that mean I only love 70s/80s music? Absolutely not. My daughter accidentally introduced me to EDM a few years ago at a music festival in England. And having started clubbing at the age of 52, I thoroughly love modern club music. This is the latest music I'm into from K-391 and Alan Walker....  
    • Susan R
      @SaraAW Congratulations on this required next step for your name change. It’s going to feel so good when it finally becomes official.😊 I know it must be difficult not getting the backing of your wife. However, It may help her see in a few weeks or a month that you’re still the same person you’ve always been. Life will continue and your love for her will not waiver due to this legal name change.   Susan R🌷 
    • myt10
      [Note: I'll be using he/him pronouns as he hasn't changed his pronouns yet.]   He started talking about the possibility of being nb or trans about a year ago, but it wasn't until recently that I found out he was doing a really deep dive into talking to other trans people and reading about dysphoria and the like. He took a small step to alleviate dysphoria about a week ago, collapsed into tears in front of me, and spent the next few days in a mixed state of anxiety and euphoria as he took tiny little steps just within our household to feel more feminine, even if he isn't out to anyone but me and his two best friends.   Initially I was relieved on his behalf and desperate to support him in any way possible, and... I still want to do that. He talks about the feeling of being in the closet as wearing a "man suit" and that that feeling's increased as he's taken more steps to alleviate dysphoria, and I don't want him to feel like he has to live in that man suit for the rest of his life if it makes him hate his body and himself. I'm bi/pansexual, so the prospect of being married to a woman doesn't bother me. But I'm here on this forum because as he takes more and more steps away from a masc presentation and towards a femme one, I feel like I'm losing touch with the person I married, and I feel terrible saying that. Is he becoming someone new? I know he isn't, but that doesn't change that the energy coming off of him is different now. The more he changes, the more uncertain I get, the more scared I get. I don't know if I'm ready for this, and I really have no say. I can't force him into the closet just because I'm irrationally worried that he's going to change so much, not even talking about visibly, that he becomes unrecognizable. I know he'll be the same person underneath the femme, but -- will he be? Do I know that? This is so hard to admit, and I feel awful, but I don't know where else to turn. I don't want to hurt him by voicing this to him, he's going through enough. I love him. I'm just scared.   I know I can get through this. I know I can be there for him. I just need someone to validate these feelings. I can't bear feeling like he's chosen this over continuing our relationship as comfortably as, at least, I thought it was, and it was to me, because that is absolutely unfair and irrational and I know that.   I'm crying as I write this because I'm hating myself for being so selfish. I know it's wrong. I'm sorry, I hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. I just needed to be honest somewhere.
    • MaryEllen
      OMG  That is so awesome. Thank you. ❤️
    • Shay
      wise words - do what you can to nurture relationship but remember there is only one person you have any power to change - you can only plant good seeds.  
    • KymmieL
      Jani you are right. it would be good for me that I would be able to be with my wife more. As she works days and when I am working closings and weekend we have no time for us. Maybe I'll talk to the manager and see just what pay cut I will have.   Kymmie
    • Shay
      @MaryEllen You asked me to send Safe Haven song - here it is.. Hugs, Heather Shay safe haven.mp3
  • Upcoming Events