• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

10 days and counting to SRS

jae bear

• Forum Moderator

Congrats, good luck and best wishes. I'm jealous.... Mental Hugs and good thoughts that all goes incredibly well.

Heather Shay

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jani

• jae bear

• Jackie C.

• Dinaki

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

I'm sure you went with the flow....that stuff kinda demands that.  Best of luck with the surgery and heal quickly.  

Love an Big hugs

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I haven't heard from her today but last night she was doing well and all ready for the big event.  

Jani

• Forum Moderator

It took me absolute ages to come out of it too. Also my wife had my phone. I'm sure we'll hear from her in a day or two when she's feeling better.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Every medical procedure can be scary.  Hope we hear from her pretty soon.

Hugs,

Charlize

Oh my gosh!! I've been away for so long and look how far you've come!!! You look amazing Jackie!!!!!  Best wishes on a smooth operation and recovery. HUGS!!

• Forum Moderator

I had a nice conversation with Jackie today.  She sounds great and is moving around well.   

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know Jani. I always find I am anxious to hear from anyone post surgery, to make sure they're okay. I feel like it's a big family here.

• Forum Moderator

Wonderful news...Can’t wait to hear more details.

Hoping for your speedy recovery with minimal pain @jae bear

Susan R?

Susan says....minimal pain!

I was asking my Greek surgeon back then, when I will open my eyes and after the surgery and he replied was " oh no pain beautiful miss Dina, only a very slight discomfort."

I had a pain for almost one year after and that was especially during the first dilations.

I then told my Dr. Kontoros, you lied to me doctor, that was not discomfort, that was an excruciating pain. He laughed and then invited me and my mom and dad, with his wife for dinner at his yacht.

• Forum Moderator

I suppose we all experience it differently.  I know I had a rough time at first.  

• Forum Moderator

i guess it is 6 days get... i will be thinking of you... i hope maybe i will be able to have mine a year feom now sbd maybe on your anniversary anx you can cgeer me on.

Good luck and multiple mental hugs.

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Dinaki said:

I then told my Dr. Kontoros, you lied to me doctor, that was not discomfort, that was an excruciating pain. He laughed and then invited me and my mom and dad, with his wife for dinner at his yacht.

Lol, You paid quite the price for that dinner on his yacht. But seriously though, it probably varies greatly between clients to some degree. I’m expecting the worse for mine as I have a low pain threshold. Unfortunately, mine is a two stage surgery 3 months apart. I hope the pain from first one doesn’t cause me to worry too much during those 3 months in between.

• Forum Moderator

you are in mind thoughts and prayers for the least amount of pain followed by tremendous joy.

Heather Shay

@Susan, Dr. Kontoros was the urologist and friend of my papa. They were talking and one day my dad said to him about me and he asked him I go to his clinique, then bla bla bla.

I was like 17 years old back then, and it was my papa who paid the doctor for his fees.

So I assume Dr. Kontoros invited us to his boat because my dad was close friend with the doctor.

PS, KOI ( the yachts name) caught on fire in Greece sometimes during 2017

• Forum Moderator

I remembered that she has a youtube channel and watched her recovery video last night. I had more pain than @jae bear, but it still wasn't all that bad. The train ride home was worse.

I'm completely jealous that she gets to sit up though. I was confined to thirty-degrees or less from Tuesday to Friday. They didn't walk me until Friday either. I was confused about the bathroom thing until I realized, oh yeah, Jackie can EAT. My digestive tract apparently doesn't work at thirty degrees or less and I, um, backed up until they let me actually sit up to eat.

Anyway, for anyone who hasn't seen it, she looks good and she's in good spirits.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I'm completely jealous that she gets to sit up though. I was confined to thirty-degrees or less from Tuesday to Friday. They didn't walk me until Friday either.

Me as well.  I guess some doctors just don't want patients moving that will possibly damage sutures.  After two days I asked a nurse what happens if I get up and was told they would get me back in bed!  I was never so happy to be up. 

• Forum Moderator
36 minutes ago, Jani said:

Me as well.  I guess some doctors just don't want patients moving that will possibly damage sutures.  After two days I asked a nurse what happens if I get up and was told they would get me back in bed!  I was never so happy to be up. 

In Montreal, they make you walk laps around the ward the next day.

Congratulations, @jae bear!

Maybe it has to do with how much pain your in as to whether you walk after surgery? It can also depend on the doctor as well. I hope if I make it to bottom surgery, I hope I have little to no pain. Being I am just starting my transition, I have a long time before I can get to that point.

• Forum Moderator

I’m so sorry I didn’t reply to all of you sooner, I tried twice now and I keep falling asleep at the switch!

i’m doing remarkably well, I am at the zero pain part of the journey now. Then again I don’t deal with pain like everybody else, the motorcycle accident I had 17 years  ago that made me numb on the right side so it probably plays a part in my recovery and lack of pain that I perceive . The first night I felt a fairly intense discomfort from the catheter, it just felt like I needed to take a wicked pee, but I got used to it and it didn’t bother me after that, it was a little distracting at night when I wanted to go to sleep so I did press the pain button a couple times the first night just so I could sleep, fairly much a lot of overkill but the drug they gave me was Dilaudid, and it’s actually precisely good for taking a nap as soon as you press  that button. The second day the discomfort was much less but I didn’t want to sit up or even remotely go close to sitting up because the packing was very annoying, but I stayed in bed mostly the second day and the discomfort I had that day was from being in bed all day, my back and my rear end was bugging me and I was excited to get out of bed and go walking. The third day they had me walking and I have known from previous experience to roll onto my side and pivot on my hip to get out of bed, the nursing staff was impressed that I already knew how to do that so well! I really enjoyed getting around and making laps a few times a day, it’s great to get up and move around and I know that the more you get up and move around the better and faster things heal And the lower your pain is. I also made sure that my ice pack between my legs was always cold, asking for new ice packs as often as I thought was appropriate, that makes a big difference in the swelling and bruising in that area, my surgeons were impressed with the low bruising and lack of swelling, they think everything is fantastic and I have to agree. They let me get up on my own whenever I want now, I wander the halls as often as I feel I can get up and go do so, or when I just get bored, I really enjoy the people here since they are so nice, I have really enjoyed the company I have kept while being here. I have found I’ve also cultivated a taste for hospital food, it’s always bland but it presents you with a challenge to hyperextend your senses to find the flavor, it’s interesting if you just savor something that you can find the notes of flavor are all there just in a bit of a softer intensity, like listening closely to soft music, it’s still really good, you just need to listen really intensely, it’s an interesting practice and I was glad to be able to exercise that component of my senses staying here, I know that sounds funny but it’s something I enjoy. I have read and will go back and reread all of your messages again, you’re all so awesome and I am so grateful for everyone that has left all the positive and wonderful messages for me, This particular pivotal point of my life has been very interesting and really fun, I took a first look at myself standing in front of the mirror last night while I was sponge bathing and for the first time I could actually see myself and feel correct, it was really good feeling! I can remember crying to Jani that I just couldn’t stand seeing myself in the mirror when I started transition it was so overwhelming and I didn’t feel like I’d ever make it to a point where I would feel good enough, but she told me several things, just to take this one day at a time, get through today and do it again tomorrow, eventually you’ll be so pleased you will have a hard time remembering how bad the beginning was, and she also told me, you are not alone. She was so incredibly right, I owe her an enormous debt of gratitude, her words are those that I echo to others now, “take things one day at a time, just get to tomorrow, don’t focus on what’s wrong right now focus on what can be right tomorrow, you are not alone”. I have repeated her words to tens of thousands of others, and they have responded to me with the same gratitude that I responded to Jani, so I think that passing those words of gratitude directly back to its source is the most appropriate thing one could do,

Jani,

Tens of thousands of people have heard your words and made it to the next day, tens of thousands of people know that they are not alone, I am so proud to know you your influence has kept us all going and I am just one piece of evidence among those tens of thousands who bear witness to your kind and generous nature, you my dear, are the mother of many. Thank you

06AD80BB-C8C8-421B-9A02-3D2F1DD29B76.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

You are amazing and gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum Moderator

@jae bear Thank you so much Jackie!  I remember telling you that.  I'm so happy for you and that you were able to make it this far.  Bravo!  

You look good and moving about as you are I can say you will be fine when you go home.  

Hugs, Jani 

Unknown-1.jpeg.e9b4c7394fb8d7c87bc95e4a2ba66c63.jpegUnknown.jpeg.aaaabe66d97fca78f3429c1fa05d7cd2.jpeg@jae bear Please take good care afteryourelf my dear   and my best and sincere wishes to you for a true, quick  and speedy recovery. Here your friends are indeed wishing you an easy recovery following the surgery.

Dina

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 203 Guests (See full list)

• KathyLauren
    • Betty K
    • Adrianna Danielle