• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Congressional Dems Demand End to Military's TG Ban

Carolyn Marie

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 9:13 AM, KayC said:

That was such an important Supreme Court ruling.  Hope the DoD listens and acts!

I hope so as well!

• 3 months later...
On 7/27/2020 at 2:10 PM, Sapphireheart said:

I hope so as well!

It won’t matter. They can still deny entry for prior surgical procedures (like the kind required for us to finish being “us”), and often do. Perhaps they’d be waived in a time of war, but apart from that, prior surgery is often a disqualifier.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Wichita said:

Perhaps they’d be waived in a time of war

Um, we are at war. We've been at war for 19 years now with no end in sight. 

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Based on what those who make war on us project, we will be at war for most of the next generation. Unfortunately.

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this whole issue. I served in an Army infantry division. There were only males in the combat units. The demands of the "job" were really not suited to females, and we're really not suited to 98% of males. It's grueling, punishing stuff, carrying more than your own body weight, getting injured several times a year, and training with things that can easily kill or maim you.

The Army is all volunteer. I'm perfectly happy for anyone that wants to serve in the armed forces doing that. But there is a lot of stratification of job skills in the military, and some of those jobs very few people are qualified or capable of doing.

Hugs,

TA

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

No we aren't. Not a congressionally-declared war vs. anotherr country's regular army. The "war on terror" has become like the "war on drugs." It's a war in name only. There's a huge difference. Notice how there's not an active draft? Yes, we have active military operations in 7 countries, but we haven't formally declared war. 

In a congressionally-declared war, enlistments would be extended involuntarily. Heck, if we were in full-blown war, I'd still be on active duty because my reason for discharge would have been a non-issue.

• Admin

Time to end this topic and let it rest.  If I saw progress on someone actually giving solid information on one side or the other it would be fine, but it appears to be drawn lines one way or another.

• VickySGV locked this topic
  • Petra Jane unlocked this topic
  • Root Admin

To be sure, this is a controversial topic but we need to allow opinions from both sides of the aisle. Please keep your replies civil and within the parameters of the site community rules. Thank you.

MaryEllen

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 86 Guests (See full list)

• Pip
    • Ashley0616
    • Heather Shay