• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Elizabeth K

Trick Question

Guest Eagledancer

This just cracked me up...I waited for the answer to be given just in case I was wrong...lol...I got the BECAUSE but I finished it in a very parental explicative! My final answer...BECAUSE I SAID SO! Godspeed...

Guest ChloëC

um, Left Field.

(look it up! )

Carolyn Marie

OK, I hope I don't ruin the humorous nature of this topic, but the question reminded me

of this quote from Robert Kennedy:

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why...

I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

Carolyn Marie

Guest Jean Davis
Oh....wait......

You mean it's NOT "42"?

DANG!

Donna Jean

Don't feel bad my first answer was YES :huh:

Then I changed it to NO. :blink:

Finally I settled on MAYBE. :unsure:

Seemed like the safest answer :rolleyes:

LUV

Jean

Guest Roberta1

WHY? (Taken from one of the books not included in the Bible: The Book of Roberta, as told around the campfire whilst toasting marshmallos)

Once upon a time, long, long ago, and far, far away, God was playing in her laboratory. She said to herself, "self, I think it would be nice to

put these two things together, and see what happens." One of the things had a hole in it, the other had a protruberance, and it seemed likely

that the two things might just fit together. Not only did they fit together, but they wouldn't come apart, no matter how much God tried...

Eventually, the two things erupted with such a force that it could only be described as an explosion (scientists now like to call it the "big bang

theory). Not only was God's laboratory destroyed, but all the debris continued to travel to every part of the known empty, filling the void as it

were. Later, but only slightly, when God was out for a walk, looking over the new spacescape, she encountered a stranger. The stranger

asked God if she would like to play a game. "What kind of game?" she asked. "Marbles" came the answer. Well, God had never heard of

marbles and asked how it was played. I won't go into the details, but marbles was the game of choice for eons. Finally, after all the marbles

were pocked and cratered from playing, God was tiring of the game, because none of the marbles would track straight any more, she decided

that it was time to invent something else. I never had any pets while I was growing up, she thought. Maybe it is not too late to right this

oversight. Then she thought back, gee, look at what happened way back when I put those two things together... And she started to do some

baking in the kitchen, but couldn't seem to get the ingredients quite right. Some of the things had holes, some had protruberances, but some

of the things had both, and some had neither. This can't be right, she said. But then, it came upon her: That she had used so many

different ingredients, and neglected to keep track, that this is just the way things are going to have to be. All these things will have to just

get along with each other, despite of their differences, end of story! Now, I wonder where I can keep my menagery? It just so happened, that

there was one big blue marble left over that wasn't in too bad a shape. You guessed it! All the things were put together in one place so that

God could come and play with them from time to time. But then, she thought, they are so messy, and need taking care of all the time, and I

just don't have all that much time any more, what with all my responsibilities, trying to fit in listening to all the prayers, and doing miracles all

the time, etc. I know, I will make it so that the things are responsible for themselves. I'll invent "cleanup on aisle seven". This worked for

quite a while, or at least until some of the things didn't like what some of the other things were doing. Why should we clean up after them all

the time? So some of the things got irked at some of the other things, and decided to go away, and live by themselves. Some say that this

was around the time that all the things were trying to see God by building a really high-rise building, but since writing hadn't been invented

(that would come later on some mountain) there is no coraboration to the story. Any way, to get back to the point: the building project

didn't work out as well as was expected, and fights broke out, and the bosses got mad at the workers who showed up drunk, (well you know

how you can't count on some of those things...) Any how, it looked like rats fleeing a sinking ship! Things flew in all directions.

And thats why.

Sincerely,

Roberta

Guest Elizabeth K

Roberta is off her meds!

HEE HEE - FUN

{In a good way!}

LIZZY

Guest Roberta1

Meds?

it is nise two no that ssomebody reeds thise stuff.

chinserely,

me again,

Rooobertaaaaaaa!

lets sheenow where is perview/???

Guest Vicky

Meds? WHY? sorry, WHY NOT? :)

Guest kelise

OK, I'm leaving the religion forums now.

JJ

A question too often not allowed to to be asked

And all too often unanswerable!

JJ

Guest RachaelAnn

Having been raised a Roman Catholic, I have to go with why not?

I don't presume to say anything about other's experiences who were/are Catholic, but at the church I was taken to they went out of their way to break your spirit. I've hated all of it since I was 5.

Others have given quotes that coinside with how they feel, so I'm going to try one, and believe me I'm NOT trying to offend anyone or step on anyone's toes.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind."

-Marquis de Sade

Rachael

Guest kelise

-Marquis de Sade

Rachael

I <3 you.

Guest RachaelAnn

I <3 you.

Confused. What is <3?

Rachael

Guest ~Brenda~

Confused. What is <3?

Rachael

<3 is another way to represent a heart. "I <3 you" means "I love you"

Brenda

Guest Katrina Reann

Why?? Because we are individuals. So accept it already!!

Guest Sam_P

-Marquis de Sade

Going to have to agree with this one - 'tis a crying shame. :(

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 84 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • Charlize
    • MiraM
    • KayC
    • KrisFL
    • KathyLauren
    • MaryMary
    • Christie Woods
    • RunValRun
    • Emily michelle
    • SaraAW
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    cybreraphael

1. Dev
      Dev
    2. Katharina
      Katharina
      (39 years old)
    3. Nusta
      Nusta
      (16 years old)
    4. thtufus
      thtufus
      (70 years old)
    • SaraAW
      Welcome @cybreraphael! Thanks for sharing a part of story.
    • SaraAW
      Always wonderful to have a rock. Especially as you adjust to HRT and the expanded range of emotions.    I understand the need for a bra. HRT has had definitely made it very obvious if I wear just a shirt without one. Also understand the comfort and affirmation that wearing one brings.    I don’t recall ever being as happy as I am since I took charge of my life and started working on my transition. There is also no way I’m going back in the closet.    I’m hoping my wife comes around too. It’s clear in everything unrelated to my transition, that she loves me. She also didn’t decide to try and kick me out or leave herself when I came out, so that’s at least a sign she still cares.     
    • SaraAW
      I have some good success with my therapist. She has told me to do anything. She asks me lots of questions to get me to think and look into myself for the answers, she gives me tools to work on for resilience and coping, but never tells me I have to use them, just here are some tools and tricks, try them if you want. If I do and they don’t work she provides me with different ones to try.  I feel in a way, I lead my sessions, she just provides some guidance to help me get where I want to go. I decide what we talk about each session, if I’m stuck, she throws a bunch of suggestions out, based on previous sessions and let’s me decide.    If after a couple sessions, you don’t feel a rapport building, I don’t see why you shouldn’t move on. We don’t click with everyone we meet, why should it be any different with a therapist. I got lucky with my therapist, found her on the first try, but I have changed GPs many times over the years, to make sure I had one I could be fully open with and that they seemed to truly care about my well being.  
    • Emily michelle
      It definitely helps it gets pretty complicated at times lol. She helps calm me down when I get frustrated with my makeup or hair.   Now that I think about it I was dropping a lot of hints, but I’m not hiding anymore and I just want to be me. I wore a bra because if I don’t know since the hormones have started my nipples would stand at attention (tmi lol). I also feel much more comfortable in a bra. I’m much happier now than than to back in the closet.   I really hope your wife comes around. I’m here if you ever need to talk to.
    • SaraAW
      Emily, I’m glad she’s helping you figure out the girl things. It always helps to have someone walk you through the things you might not fully understand. I’m fairly clueless myself on lots of things.   Wow, you were dropping lots of not so subtle hints to your parents, lol. I’m with you on the accept me or move on part. As I’ve started coming out to more people, something just started to click in me. My sister and my bestie are the last two I really care about either way, after that what happens happens. Definitely not changing for anyone, bad enough I’ve delayed a lot of things to give my wife enough time to try and adjust.     I’m also always available if you need a pair of friendly ears.    KayC, Thanks for the kind words. I find courage and inspiration in many folks here. It is always comforting (and sad at times) to know other people are going through similar experiences and that you’re not alone.    Hugs!
    • KymmieL
      Since I cut off my 2yrs of hair growth. I miss it. I know I could go with a wig until it grows back.   I was wondering about Hair extensions, Has anyone looked into it? Is there a minimum length your hair needs to be to get extensions? What is the aprox cost?   Thanks, everyone   Kymmie
    • Emily michelle
      Hi Sara! It has made life so much easier to have the support of my wife. After all I have no clue about being a girl. Im very sorry that your wife hasn’t been so accepting. I know how bad it makes me feel being misgendered. I really hope she does come around. Feel free to rant or talk I’m all ears.   Hi Susan to answer your question I was never able reveal my transition plans I was bombarded with questions and I was not able to tell them my plans. I have not mentioned anything about being transgender before. Intentionally I had my shoes and socks off while sitting on the deck. Since my wife was swimming. My mom mentioned that I have long hair, (haha I wish it was long) painted toenails, no beard, my underwear ( I’m curious about that one lol) my breasts, and I was wearing a women’s shirt. Hopefully they will be supportive but I’m not gonna change just to make them happy. I don’t want to sound mean but the can either accept there new daughter or move on.   Thank you Kay C. I can’t believe someone would want to follow me that makes me smile. I can guarantee you my wife hasn’t talked to my mother about it we have been avoiding them just because we were concerned about what they would think. I would assume they don’t really know what to think they don’t really know anything about transgender people. I’m hoping they come around more and I’d be happy to talk to them more about my transition plans and hopefully clue them in a little bit about us. My hope is to get them to become transgender allies, but I’m not changing to please them.
    • Chrysalis
      The Doors! I was 15 in '67 and doing the whole garage band thing and when I first heard them on AM radio. I collected their albums and sat at my Farfisa single keyboard at home playing along. I dressed like Morrison and, being a budding poet myself, I scribbled raunchy doggerel verse. And. . .AND! I have always been pretty decent when it comes to imitating voices and I did His very well according to friends. The song: The End was my then ultimate favorite song of all time. But times do change. . .sigh!
    • Chrysalis
      My therapy does continue despite the whole Isolation Nation thing. I meet with my wonderful therapist once a week on Zoom and marvel at how the sci-fi wonders portrayed on t.v. and films in my childhood now allow us to stay in touch on screens, with sound and in living color, from home. And the butterfly that inside continues to emerge! Thanx!! 
    • tracy_j
      It doesn't sound like good experiences. A good therapist can adjust their approach to compensate for the different people they see. Even so, it does help if the person they are seeing works toward both therapist and client getting to a working relationship. My fear is that you are expecting the worst before even seeing them. It is difficult for me to put into words but there needs to be trust and at some point you both will need to learn to trust. Just try to avoid confrontation, working around it to get to understand each other. In a way it is not really telling the therapist, more like discussing with them. Perhaps more ' I feel ..... . ' rather than the more blunt 'I am ..... .'  if you get my meaning. Keep talking to exchange your feelings without raised voices blocking communication. Therapy is a two way process getting to understanding. I hope things go well.   Good luck!   Tracy
    • lachallenger
      Thanks everyone - I definitely appreciate a warm welcome  It will take me a little time to navigate and to be perfectly honest - manifest the courage to begin posting and reaching out, though this is more of new-visitor nerves and treading into very new territory than anything else.
    • cybreraphael
      A lot of people ascribe therapy and ending therapy to relationships and breakups. Since living in my current location I've switched therapists about 3 times, once because she got a better job, and twice because the therapists simply made assumptions and did not want to understand me. That's at least how I viewed it.   I've been in and out of therapy for years, since I was 13 (I'm 24 now) and most of the time I would leave therapists due to me moving away. But when I was an adult and was (am) still living with my (frankly) abusive mother and my gender identity came into the mix is when I began to see therapist become more and more difficult with me. I once had a particularly horrible experience with a therapist who was pressuring me to tell her all the details of my plans for transition before I was ever comfortable talking to her about any of that (because she had told me I was damaging my body for safely binding with a gc2b binder) and when I told her she just won't understand anything about me being trans-nonbinary because she is cis and how she's reacting to me simply receiving a binder and how happy I was about the binder and that we should just talk about something else, she wanted to force me to talk about it because she "has trans clients and all of them are comfortable talking about it" and I'm being difficult.   Needless to say that whole session was traumatizing. Afterwards it was hard to really trust a therapist with my gender identity, but then I got the therapist who got the better job who was very affirming. I had her for almost a year, but she didn't do much. Because I have schizoaffective depressive type and some PTSD, they focus on that and when I talk (mostly positive or neutral) things about my gender identity, they sort of dismiss it or question it so much it gets frustrating for me because its like LGBTQ+ Awareness 101 that I feel every therapist office should have, but I know not every place will have funding for.   The second to last therapist I had, when I decided to leave her because she was making too many assumptions and trying to take too much control over therapy that I felt I had no say over my own therapy, said that me switching therapists was "a trend" when she didn't even know me. She was just mad that was leaving her. She also said she would move me to a male therapist because "a man would put me in my place"   And the last therapist? I left him because he also made too many assumptions even though I told him that was the one thing I hate! He would tell me to do things that would put me in danger with my abusive mother, and when I wouldn't do it he would get mad at me! When I would talk to him about my gender identity it was almost as if it wasn't real to him. Like it was "valid" but not real. When I would tell him good things that happened in my day about my gender affirmation, he would brush it off and be like "ok but what's bad about your day?" Not really holding space for good things in my life.   So I took a break for about 3 months and now I just had an appointment to get a referral to an outside of my typical clinic therapist. But I'm very very afraid. I mentioned in the assessment that I want an LGBTQ+ friendly therapist and the doctor who assessed me, my primary care doctor, was like "k" and I'm not sure if she really noted that or not. I'm losing faith in therapy but it's really the only thing keeping me stable while I live with my toxic family. I'm not even sure if I'll get a therapist before I move across the country. I just want someone who will understand me and not judge me or shut me up. I've met too many bad therapist and I feel like if I meet one more I'm never doing therapy ever again and I'm just gonna internalize my trauma forever.   I don't know what the goal of this post was. Are there good therapists? I feel my hope fleeing...
    • Siobhan
      Like you, I was always terrible about drinking plenty of water. What finally did the trick for me was purchasing a water bottle. Not just any water bottle, but one that was well made, pleasing to look at from a design perspective, was thermally efficient (I like my water cold), and that had a decent nozzle (the quality and comfort of the nozzle can make or break a water bottle). It may seem silly to choose something like that based partly on looks, but my reasoning was that I would then be more likely to remember it and keep it around me. It worked! I started taking it around the house with me and bring in my car as well, so whenever I got even a little thirsty, its right there. I still drink other things, of course. I'm a pop fiend and always have been, but I'm more reasonable about how much of that I consume since I regularly hydrate with water.
    • Susan R
      Growing up...For years, I listened to anything and everything Led Zeppelin. I practically lived for Led Zeppelin. Then in the early 80’s moved into alt rock, then (and still) jazz, then by the 90’s, I added Trance, Electronica, and New Age to my favs. Today,  if I had to narrow it down to a single band I enjoy most, I’d have to say almost ANYTHING from the band Enigma and their related Gregorian projects.   Susan R🌷
    • cybreraphael
      I always describe my music as dark, depressing, and dramatic! Though, it's usually how others describe it, I think they're beautiful! I like Alt-rock, alt-metal, prog-rock, and prog-metal. If they have minor notes, all the better!
  • Upcoming Events