• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Elizabeth K

Trick Question

Guest Eagledancer

This just cracked me up...I waited for the answer to be given just in case I was wrong...lol...I got the BECAUSE but I finished it in a very parental explicative! My final answer...BECAUSE I SAID SO! Godspeed...

Guest ChloëC

um, Left Field.

(look it up! )

Carolyn Marie

OK, I hope I don't ruin the humorous nature of this topic, but the question reminded me

of this quote from Robert Kennedy:

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why...

I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

Carolyn Marie

Guest Jean Davis
Oh....wait......

You mean it's NOT "42"?

DANG!

Donna Jean

Don't feel bad my first answer was YES :huh:

Then I changed it to NO. :blink:

Finally I settled on MAYBE. :unsure:

Seemed like the safest answer :rolleyes:

LUV

Jean

Guest Roberta1

WHY? (Taken from one of the books not included in the Bible: The Book of Roberta, as told around the campfire whilst toasting marshmallos)

Once upon a time, long, long ago, and far, far away, God was playing in her laboratory. She said to herself, "self, I think it would be nice to

put these two things together, and see what happens." One of the things had a hole in it, the other had a protruberance, and it seemed likely

that the two things might just fit together. Not only did they fit together, but they wouldn't come apart, no matter how much God tried...

Eventually, the two things erupted with such a force that it could only be described as an explosion (scientists now like to call it the "big bang

theory). Not only was God's laboratory destroyed, but all the debris continued to travel to every part of the known empty, filling the void as it

were. Later, but only slightly, when God was out for a walk, looking over the new spacescape, she encountered a stranger. The stranger

asked God if she would like to play a game. "What kind of game?" she asked. "Marbles" came the answer. Well, God had never heard of

marbles and asked how it was played. I won't go into the details, but marbles was the game of choice for eons. Finally, after all the marbles

were pocked and cratered from playing, God was tiring of the game, because none of the marbles would track straight any more, she decided

that it was time to invent something else. I never had any pets while I was growing up, she thought. Maybe it is not too late to right this

oversight. Then she thought back, gee, look at what happened way back when I put those two things together... And she started to do some

baking in the kitchen, but couldn't seem to get the ingredients quite right. Some of the things had holes, some had protruberances, but some

of the things had both, and some had neither. This can't be right, she said. But then, it came upon her: That she had used so many

different ingredients, and neglected to keep track, that this is just the way things are going to have to be. All these things will have to just

get along with each other, despite of their differences, end of story! Now, I wonder where I can keep my menagery? It just so happened, that

there was one big blue marble left over that wasn't in too bad a shape. You guessed it! All the things were put together in one place so that

God could come and play with them from time to time. But then, she thought, they are so messy, and need taking care of all the time, and I

just don't have all that much time any more, what with all my responsibilities, trying to fit in listening to all the prayers, and doing miracles all

the time, etc. I know, I will make it so that the things are responsible for themselves. I'll invent "cleanup on aisle seven". This worked for

quite a while, or at least until some of the things didn't like what some of the other things were doing. Why should we clean up after them all

the time? So some of the things got irked at some of the other things, and decided to go away, and live by themselves. Some say that this

was around the time that all the things were trying to see God by building a really high-rise building, but since writing hadn't been invented

(that would come later on some mountain) there is no coraboration to the story. Any way, to get back to the point: the building project

didn't work out as well as was expected, and fights broke out, and the bosses got mad at the workers who showed up drunk, (well you know

how you can't count on some of those things...) Any how, it looked like rats fleeing a sinking ship! Things flew in all directions.

And thats why.

Sincerely,

Roberta

Guest Elizabeth K

Roberta is off her meds!

HEE HEE - FUN

{In a good way!}

LIZZY

Guest Roberta1

Meds?

it is nise two no that ssomebody reeds thise stuff.

chinserely,

me again,

Rooobertaaaaaaa!

lets sheenow where is perview/???

Guest Vicky

Meds? WHY? sorry, WHY NOT? :)

Guest kelise

OK, I'm leaving the religion forums now.

JJ

A question too often not allowed to to be asked

And all too often unanswerable!

JJ

Guest RachaelAnn

Having been raised a Roman Catholic, I have to go with why not?

I don't presume to say anything about other's experiences who were/are Catholic, but at the church I was taken to they went out of their way to break your spirit. I've hated all of it since I was 5.

Others have given quotes that coinside with how they feel, so I'm going to try one, and believe me I'm NOT trying to offend anyone or step on anyone's toes.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind."

-Marquis de Sade

Rachael

Guest kelise

-Marquis de Sade

Rachael

I <3 you.

Guest RachaelAnn

I <3 you.

Confused. What is <3?

Rachael

Guest ~Brenda~

Confused. What is <3?

Rachael

<3 is another way to represent a heart. "I <3 you" means "I love you"

Brenda

Guest Katrina Reann

Why?? Because we are individuals. So accept it already!!

Guest Sam_P

-Marquis de Sade

Going to have to agree with this one - 'tis a crying shame. :(

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 130 Guests (See full list)

• SaraAW
    • Phi
    • Dana Michelle
    • MaryMary
    • jae bear
    • Jackie C.
    • QuestioningAmber
    • Susan
    • Susan R
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Staceythesissy
    Newest Member
    Staceythesissy

1. RobinCarly
      RobinCarly
    2. sherlockian2342
      sherlockian2342
      (44 years old)
    • MaryMary
      I had GRS but no other surgeries and that's the main point of reflection for me, will I really feel better? I'm afraid that having more surgeries won't fix my dysphoria because my brain will always focus on other parts of my body like my big hands or large elbows or something. I'm trying to improve things related to my C-PTSD first (like my ultra harsh internal critic who is very abusive). Reading you post confirm my decision to wait and to focus on other parts of my life for now.   Reading your post I'm thinking : "but confidance is everything, isn't it?" If you use this confidence wisely, you can harvest happiness I think. Will this happiness happen because of surgeries? of course not, this happiness will come from you, it will be your accomplishment. That's the way I see it.
    • Jackie C.
      A friend of mine said to me when I came out to him, "Unhappy men transition into unhappy women." He's been out of the closet longer than I have and active in a lot of trans groups in his area (Northern Virginia if anybody is curious). His advice to me was not to rush into anything and enjoy the ride. Of course I didn't listen, but I don't feel like I'm rushing.   Well, I listened a little. I mean I remember the conversation. I'm just not sure his words meant what he thought they meant.   With a little (not enough) experience under my belt, I feel like he was saying exactly what you did. Nothing you can have done to yourself is a magic wand. The real transition comes from living authentically and accepting yourself. Without being able to look into the mirror and say, "This is me. I like me," whatever cosmetic thing you do to yourself doesn't matter. All that matters is you.   Maybe family doesn't accept your choices. Maybe you lose friends or heaven forbid a spouse. All those things hurt, but at the end of the rainbow (I'm going to use rainbow here. I feel like there should be a rainbow metaphor), the only place your happiness can really flow from is your own heart. Real, lasting happiness can't come from the outside.   So you replace your family with found family. The friends that desert you don't really deserve you. You find someone that loves the authentic you as much as you love being authentic. Of course you also cover your basic, day-to-day needs because who needs the hassle of being hungry and homeless. You go on as your authentic self and you build your own happiness day by day.   You still look fantastic. I am so freaking jealous of your hips... and if I'm being honest, your bust-line. Amazing work.   Hugs!
    • jae bear
      Congratulations! Seriously don’t worry about this, it’s a blip in your life and it’s just fine. You will be there in the hospital with excellently managed care, plenty of pain meds and all the help and support you could ever need. After a month you’ll  feel a whole lot better, by the second month it’s a no big deal situation. One of my really good friends at group came in at a month and a half and said she felt just fine, sat there for over two hours with no complaints! keeping you in my prayers, everythingis going to be fine, Jackie
    • Jackie C.
      Thanks for that sweetie. I've got bottom surgery on Tuesday and I'm a little nervous about recovery... and everything else.   Hugs!
    • jae bear
      Thank you girls! I know it sounds like a lot of surgery but really it’s no big deal, if you ever thought about having surgery at all don’t be scared of it, it is a big nothing. It’s more annoying finding time off of work and putting room in your life to do it then anything else. Really doesn’t hurt as much as you might think, it’s only temporary, after the first week you’re kind of feeling fine and after a month it’s like nothing happened. sending you both a great hug, Jackie rabbit
    • jae bear
      The title is a bit misleading, I know the answer but I’m curious what you have to say as well. I have now gone through breast augmentation, facial feminization surgery, and vocal feminization surgery, twice! My divorce is final now, got all the judgment paperwork in the mail early this month, and oddly I still don’t feel a big change has happened even though I know legally it’s all good and finished. I still wish my ex was nicer to me, cared more about me or in someway had sympathy for me, but I doubt that’s in the cards and I am trying to find a way to put it behind me. For the time being it seems my family wants nothing to do with me but that might change someday, i’ll just keep waiting and love the people I have now, my friends and their families who have taken me in. I’ve also made family were I needed it myself, I reverse adopted a very nice trans man who finds me annoying and much like a teenager, but loves me nonetheless just as you would your own child, who could ask for more? bottom surgery is coming up in about six months, somewhere in the middle of July, just trying to get prepared for that one is mostly work related. And of course there are other surgeries that I’d love to have further down the road just for myself, the bottom half facelift would mean the world to me. all that being said I still feel relatively the same, still putting out the same fires and trying to live my life. I’ve been full-time over a year now and can’t possibly imagine anything but being a woman, the surgeries have given me such amazing confidence that I’m surprised how blessed I have been to be able to achieve those things... I am never misgendered anymore, it would be unthinkable now, and I quite enjoy being able to talk with people who once knew me but now see me as a complete stranger, sometimes we even talk about “him“ and I get to hear how they really thought about me. Somehow I kind of wish I had become happier, I thought all along that somehow magic happiness would happen once these things fell into place, but what I’m finding is I’m still me, I’m still relatively the same person, but I do get to enjoy some new found confidence out in the world and feel very secure in being able to be the woman I always knew myself to be.   I’m curious what you think about all of this, tell me your thoughts...   Big hugs, Jackie rabbit
    • Ellora
      Hi!   If you dont have any stores that you can go to, Amazon, as mentioned is a great place to buy clothes. Amazon Lockers can help you keep delivers secret. Amazon also has an Amazon Fashion feature so you can try on clothes and return the ones you dont like.    If you want to be on the super down low, try buying clothes that can double as other clothes. I used to buy A- shirt tank tops (they are the clingy type.) I would wear them as skirts, and depending on the size i bought, can be worn like mini skirts, all thew way to a maxi dress. I would also wear two, one as a top and one like a skirt. You can get really creative.     
    • Susan R
      Fantastic results @jae bear You look amazing.   Warm Regards, Susan R🌷
    • Jackie C.
      While that's way more surgery than I was contemplating, I can't argue with the results. You look fantastic!   Hugs!
    • jae bear
      Just as the title says, the first surgery I had was  breast augmentation, the second surgery I had was facial feminization surgery, and the most recent was vocal feminization surgery. It’s been quite a long road and I still have bottom surgery coming up in six months in the middle of July, but all things considered I oddly feel just about the same as I always have! Still feeling slightly dysphoric but probably less than I used to, still a jumble of messes that I put out one problem at a time, and I’m still planning the next phase, the next surgery, the next change, and hoping someday all of those things will be done and I can just live. I just got off the phone with surgery scheduling to get a follow up appointment with my breast augmentation surgeon, as my under the muscle, 450 mL silicone gel implants seem to be a bit asymmetric, the left one seems a bit high and completely under the muscle, and the right one seems to have slipped halfway under the edge of the muscle and is quite a bit low, flexing my pectoral muscles reveals a very wildly asymmetric shape. Hopefully a revision of some sort will fix all of this. I’m not scared Of revisions in the slightest, they are part and parcel to most surgeries and I am well aware of it. My vocal feminization  surgery Did not go as planned the first time, I sneezed and popped the stitch it was back in surgery for the revision one week later. Now there is a granuloma over the stitch that might need to be removed and a gap in my vocal cords that will most likely resolve itself in a few months, but if it doesn’t I can live with the slightly hoarse sounding voice I have for the rest of my life. facial feminization surgery went well, I’m pleased with the results but now of course I want a bottom half face lift, cheek augmentation and slight lip augmentation, as if a lip lift, brow shave, brow lift and hairline lowering weren’t enough to make me feel pretty!  The results have been so dramatic that people simply don’t recognize it at all, I can carry on conversations with people who know me well, friends or family members, and they have no clue they’re talking to me, I actually kind of like it that way. Big hugs to everyone, Jackie rabbit
    • LlanMatt
      Yeah I have like 4 different ones, bought a new one every 6 months ish. Could be time to buy new ones maybe. Thank you
    • Markjvp
      anyone have any more tips?
    • VickySGV
      Most of the name brands go from affordable to way too expensive.  I have had good luck and low enough cost from Louis Fere, John Renau, and Henri Margu wigs.  Revlon is good as well. 
    • Susan R
      “Inexpensive” is relative but I’ve bought Paul’s Young wigs in the $60-$100 range that were OK and looked fairly real on me.  Before you buy online though, it’s a good idea to at least try your local wig shop...a “mom and pop” type shop, if you can.  You can find some deals in these places on occasion.  Be sure to stop in very early in the morning at the wig shop when they are less likely to be busy.  Monday’s and Tuesday’s preferably so you can get some undivided attention.  I did this so many times and it was so helpful to be able to not feel hurried.  I would try on a dozen or so different types and style plus you can find your correct size.  I remember being pleasantly surprised and bought a wig style that I wasn’t planning on originally. After trying it on a few times decided to buy.  You”ll pay $80 and up depending on length, style, construction and quality but it’s worth it.   IMHO, it’s better to have one really good wig that fits and looks good than 3 that fit “ok”, look “ok” but only last a few months or so.   Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      Welcome to our community, Kendal.  Congrats also on you upcoming surgery.   What I wasn’t clear about in your post was whether or not your spouse referred to you as simply her “spouse”.  Will she convey any importance of relationship or some marital connection similar way as “partner, wife, or husband” would?  It is possible she may not yet be comfortable conveying your relationship to others at any level.   Right after going full time, I knew my wife was a bit hestitant the first few times as she introduced me to someone as her spouse.  She got over it fast.  I realize it was a huge paradigm shift for her. My wife refers to me as “spouse” or “wife” and it seems to be pretty effortless for her now.  She knows it outs us immediately as lesbian and/or me as trans.  We are fine with both and both are accurate, so why not?  On very rare occasions when referring to a past event or memory, my wife may use my dead name only for clarification.  I’ve never corrected her when she does this because it was, after all, my name at that time.  In public she refers to me as just Susan and other times she will add the connection but saying “my spouse, Susan”.   Susan R🌷
  • Upcoming Events