• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The rowboat from England arrived!

KathyLauren

KathyLauren

I just received in the mail a letter about my birth certificate.  The Registrar General has received my Gender Recognition Certificate (which is more than I have!) and is giving me information on applying for my new birth certificate.  The letter was mailed May 21st!! 

I assume that, with the shortage of transatlantic flights due to covid-19, they sent it over on a rowboat.  So maybe the rowboat with my Gender Recognition Certificate, which was allegedly mailed on May 13th, is nearing port, too.

Anyway, it's good news.  Things have been happening overseas.  I didn't really care about the GRC.  It was merely a step I had to take before getting my new birth certificate.  That process can get under way now.  I actually have a sample in my possession of a birth certificate with my proper name and proper gender on it!  It has "SAMPLE" stencilled across it, but it looks good!

• Forum Moderator

Wow that was slow, yet excellent news Kathy after all and having that piece of paper with the correct info on it, is such a wonderful feeling. Hopefully the "official" copy is not far behind.

Hugs

Cyndee

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.

I have a magazine subscription from somewhere in Great Britain. A while back they sent me a card that said, "Because of COVID, our overseas mail is bollocks. Please bear with us." Then there was a link to their online copy, free of charge for the inconvenience. The point being that yeah, shipping overseas is a mess right now.

Even so, congratulations! I hope to get the last bit of paperwork I need to start changing my birth certificate in a couple of weeks.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Kathy on the news about your certificate.  That is terribly slow service though. Yikes!  I recently sent a card to a friend in Israel and it took about 5 days.  

• Admin
Carolyn Marie

That's great news, Kathy.  A rowboat is certainly better than no boat, right?  Congrats!

49 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

A while back they sent me a card that said, "Because of COVID, our overseas mail is bollocks. Please bear with us."

I love the English that the British speak.  I never get tired of reading or listening to it.  I, too, am waiting on a magazine from the U.K.  It's probably on the same row boat.

Carolyn Marie

Congratulations, Kathy!  It's awesome to receive confirmation of progress.

Had too Google "bollocks" @Jackie C..  Hmmmm... love that word! (specially definition #1 in Oxfords Dictionary).  Might have to find a way to insert that into my sentences ?

• Forum Moderator
tracy_j

It can be pretty bad everywhere. I am waiting for some parts from Russia which appear to have been waiting for transport for a couple of weeks. The internal post appears to be  good there. It is international.

I should point out though, that in the lockdown, government departments have been working a very much reduced service. I think I have seen that some are effectively providing emergency service only so clerical things may be slow. Passports are aother issue!

Tracy

• Forum Moderator
Charlize

We waited 8 weeks for two nighties to come from China.  I think they rowed around the Horn and must have encountered a storm.

I do enjoy the language of the  British Isles.  It is one of the few close enough to proper East Coast english that i rarely need sub titles. :D

Hugs,

Charlize

@KayC Although it is a word for the male anatomy - if you do try to fit it in, the word is a synonym for rubbish and should be used in phrases such as "Why do politicians always talk such utter bollocks?". Unless you are trying to say that something is absolutely fantastic in which case, for some unknown reason it can be described as, "the dog's bllocks". Either way it is not for pleasant company though, it isn't a swear word as such, but it is considered a crass term to use.

Delivery times are atrocious right now, but services are slowly starting up again and getting better. @KathyLauren I'm sure it will all be sorted soon!

52 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Either way it is not for pleasant company though, it isn't a swear word as such, but it is considered a crass term to use.

Thank you, DeeDee❣️  I was just trying to be funny ? I realized from the definition I would probably best not try to use it myself .. but I did think it was an interesting term/slang. 

I hope that the shipping is quicker in the other direction, as I have just ordered a part for my Chevy from Miami, Florida.  Not that there is any rush, as there are no car shows to go to at the moment.

Robin.

• Forum Moderator
22 minutes ago, Robin said:

Not that there is any rush, as there are no car shows to go to at the moment.

:(  I trust they will return soon! 

Hi Jani,

Everyone is keeping their fingers crossed, that social events will return to normal in the not too distant future.  At the moment, gatherings are extremely limited, unless there are sufficient numbers to prevent the police from doing anything about it.

Robin.

KathyLauren
3 hours ago, Robin said:

I hope that the shipping is quicker in the other direction

Me too.  My next step is to return the form the sent me, with payment, telling them how many copies of my birth certificate I want.  Let's hope it's not the same rowboat going the other way!

KathyLauren

Wonder of wonders, the second rowboat from England docked today.  I now have my official Gender Recognition Certificate.  It only took 84 days! ?  Onward with the Brits and my birth certificate...

And somewhere between here and Ottawa is a snail with covid, carrying my application to update my citizenship records.  Which, if it ever goes through, will allow me to get a proper passport.  So I can go to all the places I can't go to because of travel restrictions.

It's a good thing I have a sense of humour about this stuff, because I'd have to cry if I didn't.

• Forum Moderator
26 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

So I can go to all the places I can't go to because of travel restrictions.

It's a good thing I have a sense of humour about this stuff, because I'd have to cry if I didn't.

Oh Yes!  The places we will go!   Having a sense of humor is the only way to deal with this.  Otherwise we'd go insane!!

Jani