• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Spooder

I need constructive criticism.

Spooder

I'm new here and trying to figure everything out. I've never done makeup before a couple weeks ago, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm not 100% happy with the results, so I need some advice from you legends. Thanks!

20200723_182844.jpg

20200723_182836.jpg

20200723_182720.jpg

20200723_144341.jpg

20200723_153149.jpg

Sydneyblue

I think you look very nice. Maybe try to do a smidge lighter on make up. I honestly think you look great and i would tell you if you didnt look good 

Spooder
1 hour ago, Sydneyblue said:

1 hour ago, Sydneyblue said:

Maybe try to do a smidge lighter on make up. 

Thank you so much. Do you mean lighter tones, lighter application, or cutting back on application area? Sorry if it's obvious, but I'm not great at these things

Sydneyblue

Just a tint bit light application but honestly i think you look great. I dont think i could do any better 

Spooder

Thanks @Sydneyblue. I was feeling pretty low. Your comments help a lot. 

You are also beautiful 🙂

DeeDee

Hi spooder, pleased to meet you :) For less than a couple of weeks the makeup is fantastic and it is easy to see the look you are going for, you also have brilliant cheeks so keep smiling! In the interests of being constructive I agree with SydneyBlue in that you do not need to be quite so heavy handed with the lippy, shaping can come later if you want to emphasise the top lip more, advice I have seen online for the cats eye flick is to imagine a straight line drawn from the bottom curve of your eye towards the edge of your eye brow instead of flicking from the top of the eye as it looks better (apparently - I am still learning eye liner).

Abi

First, Great color choices!!! Plenty of practice and trying new thoughts are critical to success. Anything you see this time, that you felt could have gone better, will give you new ideas for the future. I watch a lot of youtube makeup tutorials just to get ideas. ~Abi~

Spooder
35 minutes ago, Abi said:

First, Great color choices!!! Plenty of practice and trying new thoughts are critical to success. Anything you see this time, that you felt could have gone better, will give you new ideas for the future. I watch a lot of youtube makeup tutorials just to get ideas. ~Abi~

Thank you! I've been doing the same. Eyeshadow is the hardest part for me currently. I also wish I could really transform my face shape with contouring.

Spooder
56 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

the lippy, shaping can come later if you want to emphasise the top lip more, advice I have seen online for the cats eye flick is to imagine a straight line drawn from the bottom curve of your eye towards the edge of your eye brow instead of flicking from the top of the eye as it looks better (apparently - I am still learning eye liner).

These are great tips. Thank you so much. I actually tried going lighter on the lipstick a little bit ago, and the results did look better. 

Eyeliner is just difficult for me in general. I'm getting better, but I can't use the crayon at all.

Spooder

Okay. I know some people don't really like this question, but I have to ask for my own peace-of-mind. How passable am I?

Leah
On 8/1/2020 at 3:39 PM, Spooder said:

How passable am I?

I think it depends on the whole package -- shape, grace, voice etc -- but there are a lot of very much more knowledgeable girls on this forum. 

I have never understood the role makeup plays in a pretty girl's look. Ever check the prices? It it made of some exotic minerals found only on incoming asteroids? Every woman -- cis and transitioned -- I've ever known says the same thing. "Go light, barely noticeable, especially during the day."

Um... Ok, but why pay so much for something you are trying nearly to disappear? It's all good, though. To me, exploring femininity is like Star Trek. "Boldly go where no man has ever gone before" -- to galaxy "Femme" and the women who have gone before.

-- Cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

• RunValRun
    • Cyndee
    • Luhleleri
    • Shay
    • Ms Maddie
    • ElizabethStar
    • Leah
    • ThatDarnDodo
    • Kylara Anne Bagwell
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Emily S
    Newest Member
    Emily S

No users celebrating today
    • Ms Maddie
      Hair removal was my first priority.   My plan was to complete it before starting HRT and way before surgeries.  I would have, except I went ahead and had hair follicle transplants last year....  Which I love, despite it mixed up my priorities.   I was paying $60/hour for electro which seems normal price, as long as your buying larger blocks of time.  When things stopped in March, I was around $5000 in, plus around 50 hours labor bartered to my former electrologist.  I was going once a month since 2015. Usually 2 hours.   My current hair removal plan is saving up and waiting for Precision Hair Removal in IL to open back up for full face, multi tech, all day high volume clearings.  Not $26.  The tech there is highly recommended for backing up her claims with timely results on transwomen.     If i knew for sure a good rep electro tech where I could go weekly and actually get cleared, I might consider moving there.  I've done a couple consults looking around.  But precision says they could clear me in five mega sessions every ten weeks.  I'm thinking maybe possible since I already had so much done.   One thought on home lasers/electro: I am MUCH slower working on myself than a pro.  And this is a LONG project.  
    • Shay
      waves crashing, cleansing, hopefully healing to
    • Cyndee
      shinning star, that's who you are
    • Shay
      Then you realize you are you
    • Shay
      although my wife was NOT happy when she hear me make the call - there is a local electrolysis salon professional who charges $26 for 15-30 minutes and she is like 10 minutes from my house and I have a consult Monday at 10 AM. My wife did say - get an electric razor and try that and asked if she does wax or electrolsis. I said she has various methods and will let me know Monday.   I am afraid of my wife's reactions to my forward moves towards transition and haven't proached the full surgery wants yet.   I know that when I told her I wanted to go oh HRT she said ok and I sent her links to some of Dr. Z the gender psch in California who talks a lot about older transitioners and how marriages can work out to the positive side but I happened to see her email account a month later and saw she hadn't opened it.   I have always been afraid to talk to her about my issues although she knows about them and even caught me years ago self HRT ing and had me re-visit the psych I used for depression. She has a friend who lost a husband a couple years ago and a long turn patient she cared for as a nurse and recently told my wife she is in a hospital in Germany for depression. My wife told her I was on new meds to help with struggles I've had for over 30 years.   I know and hope she can go through her understanding and phases of grief and come through continuing to love me and support me but I am pretty much a mess right now and even though I mentioned in my most recent blog about Attitude - I know I must continue moving forward for my sake and hope and pray she comes with me but I can't control her destiny or journey and know I must do this for my sanity.   I know the only one I have control of is me and I'm fighting the demon inside that is telling me - don't lose her.   My bigger demon me entire life has been being abandoned and it has happened so often I still feel that it will happen once again.   Thank you to all here who understand and can hold me in your mental arms and comfort me.   Shay  
    • SaraAW
      I often wonder, who am I. 
    • Shay
      Thank you - tried to find out about local electrolysis and sent request - of course no response. Cleveland Clinic suggested several hair removal places so the search begins in Ernest today and I'm don't even know who Ernest is.....
    • Michellle
      That is something this guy would say to me. It’s funny this guy is a service tech also. I wonder if its the same person...lol. I love your comeback, I will use it next time.    Michelle
    • Charlize
      Elizabeth i like that response.  I've mentioned to a couple of men over the years that i am  unfortunately not at attracted to them.  That response might have worked well for Michellle as well, with the possible addition of " you are not that attractive." I think the strangest thing anyone said to me, and it was repeated throughout my life was:  " It is a phase and you will grow out of it." That's strange!  Certainly when you see me now.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Jani
      There is a reason an Electrologist goes through hundreds of hours of training.  I honestly would not use a home treatment.  The real deal is time consuming and expensive but it is safe.    
    • Shay
      Still - you sound like a nurse and that is good.   Fly high FREEBIRD....🙂
    •  Kylie
      Sometimes it is hard even as a Nurse. I really don’t know how to handle the ‘wound’ because everything I’m so used to doing for a wound, such as promoting closure is different with this! So having to relearn is difficult. Trying to keep the exterior clean and dry is a lot of work because of I don’t feel much yet so I look every hour or so and make sure it sill isnt saturated and such. Hoping the next few months can continue such as these past two weeks have, with no big issues.    I am getting excited that Tuesday is almost here, means I get to fly home!
    • Shay
      yes - I am in love with the entire FEEL of the song - a buried treasure I can't wait to play....   By the way - my lead player is such a nit picker when it comes to sounds and styles - I'm sure he willemulate the Leslie to a T in NO MATTER WHAt. You should hear his sound on NORWEGIAN WOOD
    • Shay
      You have an incredible nurse taking care of you - YOU. So you should feel happy and re-assured. Most of us will never know the comfort of having such a beautiful and talented nurse take care of us. I am so happy for you I am almost busting. So is Mattie, I'm sure.
    •  Kylie
      Day 10-   I am EXHAUSTED and sore. Over the past few days I’ve developed a routine that has helped make my dilating sessions a little easier to endure. Still no real pain when doing dilation, just generalized soreness. I’ve had the normal bleeding, which at first made me nervous, but now I am learning to deal with. Just routinely changing pads and keeping clean. Nothing really big to report. Sort of only thing is just the routine. Everything seems to be healing well, I’ve noticed some sutures have already dissolved. So crazy that I see where I am healing at the incision lines and how clean it looks.    Kylie
  • Upcoming Events