• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Feeling Down

JustineM

Been feeling pretty down the last few days.  I don't regret letting Justine out, it had to happen or I don't think I would be here today, but the amount of effort I have to put forth to appear even slightly feminine is crazy.  A couple hrs of shaving alone every couple of days just so I don't look like a gross hairy Neanderthal.  Work stuff hasn't helped at all, shortened vacation and increased hours.  Just feeling pretty down over everything.

Just so I'm not focusing completely on the negative; I finally got the raise I was supposed to get back in March.  Also my therapist has said that we should start looking into ways to get me on HRT.  My insurance won't cover it so she wants to see if there are any assistance programs that could help me until I can change insurance plans. 

Sorry just had to get it out, thanks for reading my rant.

Justine,

I do hope things improve. Sounds like you have a wonderful therapist. Keep the positive thoughts.

❤️

• Forum Moderator
Susan R
49 minutes ago, JustineM said:

Also my therapist has said that we should start looking into ways to get me on HRT. 

I’m not saying you should start HRT. That obviously is a personal decision for you but many of the issues you mention are helped to some degree with a HRT regimen as your therapist suggested. If this feeling is keeping you down and the cost is the main thing keeping you in a holding pattern, I’d move HRT up on your priority list. As you mention there might be assistance out there for this purpose but looking into changing insurance with better coverage might be the best way to go. Since last December, your state is supposed to cover trans care as part of medicaid. Have you looked to see if you might qualify for that coverage. They may pay all or a good portion of your trans care.

I hope you feel better soon, Justine. I hope your therapist can help you out with this need.

My Best,

Susan R?

JustineM
32 minutes ago, Susan R said:

Since last December, your state is supposed to cover trans care as part of medicaid. Have you looked to see if you might qualify for that coverage. They may pay all or a good portion of your trans care.

I’m unfortunately in the income range were my kids qualify for Medicaid but me and my wife don’t. Our current policy was purchased through the healthcare marketplace but they won’t cover anything. My work open enrollment should be coming around in a couple of months and they go through Aetna.

• Forum Moderator
Susan R
23 minutes ago, JustineM said:

My work open enrollment should be coming around in a couple of months and they go through Aetna.

Ok, now that’s much better...Something will change in the next few months regardless. I would focus on that positive but still put feelers out there for another alternative as a possible plan B. It’s always good to have a backup. Glad to read that there’s some good news in your upcoming future.

• Forum Moderator

Justine, hang in there.  I know the effort seems Herculean and we often question whether we have the strength and fortitude to continue.  But remember we don't do this in one day, week, month or year.  It's a long term project with ups and downs.  The key is maintain an even mental state to ride out the highs and lows.  

Susan is correct that it appears HRT would address many of your concerns.  As to your company's chosen insurance provider, understand there some things they must provide by federal or state regulation.  The rest is up to your company and how much they want to pay for since they've negotiated with the company.   Some businesses are very generous and others are tighter.  In this economic climate I would not expect a rich type of plan.  If you wanted to pursue it you could lobby for the coverage, in whole or in part.  Any little bit helps.    

JustineM

Thanks for the support Ladies.  I guess everything just kinda hit me at the same time, got a little overwhelmed.  I've been looking at the reviews and it seems like Garda does offer a really good insurance plan, so got my fingers and toes (that I really need to repaint?)all crossed.

Hey Justine, 

I'm sorry to hear things have gotten you down lately. It is a lot of work to care for ourselves and the slightest things can make that seem impossible but, you are strong and have a great group of supporters it seems. You are allowed to have days where you feel down. That's really healthy in my opinion. Also, you're not running from it either. You are facing it and saying you need some support to get over this tough moment. You're doing really well and I sure hope you can get the insurance stuff figured out too. I have the most basic healthcare and barely get even a normal visit for a good price. We all have needs that should be basic provided care but, sadly the nation has yet to come to terms with that. Either way, I'm sure you will find the strength to overcome this moment. Pretty soon, I bet you'll be ready to be strong and supportive of other's, when they get down, too.

~Abi~

JustineM

Well today...... did not help matters. Minor fender bender at the end of my route and a day full of people making “jokes”.  The really funny ones that involve walking up behind armed security and screaming “give me the f’n money” and lets “pretend like we are going g to grab the money bag and run away”. 

To try and look on the bright side, I managed to maneuver to where the other car hit the front of my truck instead of the drivers door. And no one was hurt. 

Im going to bed now, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Justine,

So sorry about your day. Hope when you wake today you'll be able to have a better day!

Kylie

lauraincolumbia

Sorry about your day! I hope today is much better!

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

Hi Justine,

I sure know how it feels. Just keep keepin' on.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf ?

JustineM

So a couple amusing little things. Had one of my customers, who doesn’t know (I’m still very much in the closet at work), day that I had feminine eyes. Made me very happy ?

My wife made the comment that my skin is glowing, of course that’s from a sunburn but hey I’ll take it lol. 

Thank you for all the words of encouragement, it means a lot to me. Feeling a little better, starting to pull out of my funk. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 83 Guests (See full list)

• QuestioningAmber
    • Bobbie Scott
    • Katherine1745
    • RunValRun
    • MaryEllen
    • KathyLauren
    • DragonflyGirl
    • Robin.C
    • Heathick
    • Emily michelle
    • VickySGV
    • Berni
    • Wichita
    • Shay
    • Confused1
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

MelanieRT
    Newest Member
    MelanieRT

1. David.S.C
      David.S.C
    2. Natasa
      Natasa
    3. RosieKohn
      RosieKohn
      (58 years old)
    • Bobbie Scott
      Hi everyone,When I started transitioning about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I was ecstatic. Now reality is settling in again. I'm getting scared because I know I'm going to have to start coming out to people. I'm really scared of what they're going to think. I'm scared of if I'm going to be able to pass.I already quit once before because my girlfriend broke up with me. When I was was stopped for awhile, I was really miserable. I'm not trying to be a downer. I just want to know if anyone else has felt this way, and how they got through it. I have a therapist, I've joined 3support groups . I really don't want to go back to living the way I was. Even in a group of people I felt alone. I've never felt comfortable in my own skin. Thank you for letting me be part of this group.                Bobbie 
    • Shay
      Another pair I love to listen to me I need a pick me up     
    • Shay
      FOr all of your who had tense times and tears shed and anguish any time this week.... two of my favorite inspirations in my own writing.....    
    • Charlize
      If the time comes Victoria you can assure your sister that you can still change a tire and could perhaps be better after a bad break.  I know i still drive the tractor and just got in from splitting wood.  Girls do those things as well.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • MaryMary
      I'm asexual so there's a lot I don't understand about desire in particular. One thing's for sure is that society don't recognize the worth of a lot of knowledge traditionnaly feminine. I know a girl at a past job that knew everything about cutting hair and makeup (on top of software engineering and QA). She was really good at both and many other things but I feel the guys at work were not giving her the proper credit she deserved. Since I was really young I have the habit of looking at other girls to understand how they do things and to learn what is the frontier of what I can do and cannot do. I always loved woman with deeper voices (Annie Lennox) or tastes that are aligned with mine and out of the ordinary. I love being friend with someone who likes formula 1 for example. I've been a formula 1 fan since I was a child and not many girls like that. At school I knew a girl who loved it as much as me (buying ferrari suits for her baby and everything) and I love love love that when this happen. I always feel like : "phew, I'm ok. I'm not doing something that conflict with my identity because other girls like the same thing"   That phenomena is many the main thing trans that's been there for me since childhood. I wouldn't define this as envy... more like "I'm I ok?" "I'm I valid?" kind of mindset.
    • Berni
      ... also ...   Incredibly cute hat and outfit in your profile pic.   I've kept most of my (nice) boy clothes in the hope to, one day, wear them ironically as if I'm wearing my boyfriend's stuff.   Kind of my end goal / quest ... to wear all my old stuff and still be gendered Female.   Offerings to the HRT faerie have been given.
    • Berni
      Hi @Kestrel McLoughlin,   I'm late to the party, but I loved your introduction. You spoke eloquently of the magic inside each of us. A luminosity. Lovely!
    • Sally Stone
      There’s no denying I have always been attracted physically to women, but whenever I would look upon a woman, much of what I felt was envy more than desire.  It’s been this way for as long as I can remember, so, I always find myself wondering how much different my thoughts are from men that are not trans.    I can’t imagine them wondering how they’d look in that dress, or how wonderful it would be to have those shoes.  Surely, they don’t find themselves envious of that hourglass figure, or those beautiful legs.  Do they acknowledge how expertly that woman’s makeup is applied; do they recognize how flattering the shade of lipstick she’s chosen is?  I wonder, because those are typical of my thoughts when I see a woman.  Simply stated, I don’t want her so much as I want to be her.   So, when a woman catches me staring, she probably thinks of me the way she thinks of all men who stare at women.  I just wish she’d know that my stares weren’t born of lust.  If only she could know that the reason I stare is because of a collection of thoughts and feelings way more complicated.   It’s possible there is still some desire, but it is, and always has been, all about the envy.        
    • Abi
      Hi Kestrel,     Your presence could equally be critical at some point when someone sees your perspective and finds comfort in that thought. No one wants to say the wrong thing but, if we all hold back because of that possibility then the community is lost. All any of us can do is try our best to add where we can and appreciate what has been offered. 
    • Abi
      Ok so I am a FaceApp addict but, I wasn't sure how everyone looked at this kind of thing. I would say out of hundreds of them I have only really loved a couple. There is absolutely no chance I could ever look as good as this app makes me look. One thing I have found to be amusing as well is the fact that once in a while it will say I am female and offer to switch me to male. UH NO.... I am on the fence about sharing so please forgive me. I would love to share but, I have a feeling some people are bothered by this. I would love to hear opinions.    
    • Heathick
      My doc is FaceApp's gender filter I wish I really looked like that!  
    • HollyNoel
      @Heathick To be fair I had a high estrogen level before I started HRT. So I was almost in tears already, the HRT kinda pushed me over the edge.   I was watching the movie Paper Man, had Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Daniels, and Emma Stone in it, and I got to this one part which wasn't really sad, but I cried my eyes out. It's like, OMG Will You Just STOP It!!!  lol. I have depression already, so I cry anyway, but come on. Can't I just watch TV without having a box of tissues sitting within reach. lol
    • Abi
      There is nothing like a great set of brushes and they are often very inexpensive. I always clean them with an antibacterial soap of some sort. I would never use my personal brushes on someone else. I would like the idea of like a ladies night doing makeup and trading secrets but, I would make sure everybody has a healthy supply of options. The first thing I do when I'm going to do my makeup is try to have a general look in mind. Youtube has so many great artists that share their technique. 
    • Lee H
      Wow, Heathick, who's your doc? She has the magic touch.... ~~Lee~~
    • Shay
      @QuestioningAmber wonder in regard to your mom... Great you asked them to read about it.... Super you are spending the day doing something fun 
  • Upcoming Events