• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

24 Hours...here it goes! GCS Thread

Kylie

• Forum Moderator

You are AMAZING - how big your smiles must be even with the aches - now you are whole. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kylie

• Jackie C.

• Heather Shay

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations, Kylie!  so happy to hear that everything went so well and your recovery is going smoothly.  You're an inspiration to everyone here❣️

hi all!

things are going well. Day 2 post-op. Biggest issue is gas pain despite the Gas-X. Although when I pass gas it feels wonderful. Going to do some more walking around the hotel room today. Thanks for all the well wishes 

• Forum Moderator

I am so happy things are going so well. You are an amazing woman and gorgeous inside and out... can't wait to hear about your kitty's reaction when you get home. Hope the walking goes well today and you heal quickly into the complete woman you are.

Shay

• Forum Moderator

I'm glad to hear things are going well.  That's wonderful.  I was surprised to read that you had been discharged so early to recover in your hotel room.  I hope the gas passes easily and quickly! 

Jani

• Forum Moderator
24 minutes ago, Kylie said:

Biggest issue is gas pain despite the Gas-X.

I thought of it kind of like a sampler platter. I got a bloated feeling. Abdominal cramps. Bleeding from my new genitals... I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The gas pain was worse than the actual surgery site. It'll pass soon. Hang in there!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

I am glad it is going well!  I remember the gas - I had enough to inflate the Goodyear blimp - but it will pass.  Do you have access to nurses in the hotel?

My Surgeon has her Nurse that has been checking on me. I like that I’ve been able to recover in my hotel instead of the hospital. Bed is much more comfortable and much quieter here! Best friend has been cooking for me and keeping my up and going when needed. 

Dreading the packing being removed then dilation! Not sure what it is going to feel like to dilate a fresh wound. Any pointers?

• Forum Moderator

The packing was actually worse, but not all THAT bad when it comes down to it. There was an undignified yelp at the end, then they showed me how to dilate. My best advice is to relax, go slow and use plenty of lube. There is no such animal as too much lube so long as you can still grasp your dilator. The first couple of times will be about figuring out the angles. Some work better than others. Once you've got that under your belt, it's just something you have to do.

Oh, and have something you can do for twenty or so minutes on hand. Watch TV, read a book... something. Make sure you can do it one-handed. Just holding the dilator tight in your new anatomy is like watching paint dry with a little discomfort on the side.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Although I have had no experience yet (looking forward to it though - if that ain't weird)....I would listen to and do exactly as your doctor and nurses tell you - they've been involved and are experienced and will lead you gently to recovery - 

5 hours ago, Kylie said:

when I pass gas it feels wonderful

Kylie, this comment just cracked me up, so obviously you haven't lost your sense of humor.  Gosh, I'm still chuckling so much I can't sip my rum and coke.  The silliness aside though, I am so glad you are on the mend, and I wish you the speediest of recoveries.

Thanks for pointers! I’ve had to remind my surgeon and nurse that despite the fact both K and my best friend here with me are Nurses; this is a totally different experience for us both. So I’ve been following their guidance to a T!

having some lunch now. Probably rest a bit then walk around a bit after while. ☺️

Day 5

All has been well, the first few days had the ups and downs of finding the right amount and timing of medication to keep my discomfort to a comfort goal. I got up every couple of hours the first few days and walked for a few minutes or at minimum stood at the side of the bed. Per my surgeon and Nurse, my swelling is very minimal and all so far is looking good. The true test of what the appearance is comes tomorrow at 1:45 once the packing, bolster and catheter come out. 

Saturday and Sunday I have tried to frequent the amount of times of getting up which helps tremendously with the aching discomfort in my back. I will say though, BioFreeze has worked WONDERS on my back discomfort! ☺️

Sunday evening I decided to get up on my own without help a couple of times and do some self care and such and it felt so good. My best friend who has been here along the way stood by just in case . She is stuck on the first night of me passing out, which thankfully was nothing big and I woke up pretty quickly. We laugh about it now. Some of our friends here in Texas have been dropping by and keeping us entertained with the food the city has to offer. I’m going to try sitting in a recliner chair in the hotel room today along with my trusted Boppi pillow. ☺️

All in all my pain has been less than a 6 consistently. Only bothersome things is the Foley catheter and the new tingling/rush of nerve sensation that started Yesterday evening. My nurse was happy to hear that when I told her last evening because it means nerves are waking up! Such an odd feeling. Hope everyone had a blessed weekend! 

Kylie ❤️

• Forum Moderator

That is fantastic news I am so happy for you. I am so happy you have friends with you and you nerves are waking up. Boppi the pillow is a good friend as well. Glad pain number is going down....cant wait for it to go to zero. Can't wait to hear how things go at 1:45 tomorrow.

Hugs (but not too tight...don't want to cause any unnecessary pain)

Shay

Thanks all! Been a pretty decent day. Packing decided it wants to start coming out. So a little extra reinforcement and all is well. I think my surgical team gets a kick out of my concerns, all have been benign. 

Going to enjoy a good meal tonight and sleep up for tomorrow. Pretty exhausted today! 

❤️

• Forum Moderator

Good to hear Kylie. Have the pain levels stabilized? Are there any instances where you think, Oh what was that?

I appreciate these updates very much.

My Best,

Susan R?

@Susan R pain levels are very stable. I have been getting these ‘jolts’ Of my nerves waking back up, those have been interesting. 
Earlier this afternoon I was experiencing a pretty satisfying tingle and that actually turned out to be the packing trying to come out. It has been the weirdest pain yet .

I can’t wait to experience the new exciting sensations to learn how my body is recovering. I do know that I’ve been luck with almost minimal swelling and only bruising noted to my ‘taint’ area. Currently, just laying in the hotel bed catching up on 90 Day Fiancé with my best friend. Debating a nice Benadryl and Tylenol cocktail later for sleep! 
Any questions you can think of, I don’t mind trying to answer based off of my personal experiences!

Kylie

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Kylie said:

@Susan R pain levels are very stable. I have been getting these ‘jolts’ Of my nerves waking back up, those have been interesting. 
Earlier this afternoon I was experiencing a pretty satisfying tingle and that actually turned out to be the packing trying to come out. It has been the weirdest pain yet .

What your describing seems to be similar to what others have described this early in the game with maybe a little tingling here and there...although the unexpected unpacking sensations is new. So  later today or tomorrow (?) you’re getting that all removed...that’s when all the more interesting new sensations begin. Fun, fun, fun!

Hey Kylie

So happy your recoving well. Like Ms. Star  said it really is motivating for me to hear how well your doing.

Much LV

@Susan R Yes, today (Tuesday ) after 1 pm I am having everything removed. Definitely has been a roller coaster of sensations the last 24 hours, some good, some mildly erotic and some irritating! Guess I’ll see what the future holds

Side Note: during the first week I oddly have not experienced any bleeding that has caused me to change bed pads, etc. Thought that was odd and a potential bad sign but appears sometimes people just don’t bleed the first week. Definitely been nice. I wonder if I’ll pay for it over the coming weeks!