• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

24 Hours...here it goes! GCS Thread

Kylie

• Forum Moderator

I bled for about two months. Adult diapers at night, then just pads during the day. I also managed to get a yeast infection in there somewhere. My nethers smelled like sourdough bread. I used the bed pads for dilation. So much gore... I eventually bought a set of cheap towels (like $1 per towel) and used those. Much cheaper than the pads and I can wash them.

Hugs!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kylie

• Jackie C.

• Heather Shay

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning of all the packing and foley removal!

..time to spend a few hours in bed detangling the mess of hair and getting a bed bath..lashes & brows for the first time in a week! 
^That is one thing to be excited about, my routine starting back!

Kylie

@Jackie C. I haven’t thought about the cheap towels. I was gifted a lot of things from friends, some being a plethora of bed pads. I haven’t really used any because no notice of bleeding. I’m sure once dilation starts I may, but my surgeon said I may not have much an issue with bleeding- so guess time will tell! Love knowing what I could experience!

• Forum Moderator

Hi Kylie,

Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf ?

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Kylie said:

@Jackie C. I haven’t thought about the cheap towels. I was gifted a lot of things from friends, some being a plethora of bed pads. I haven’t really used any because no notice of bleeding. I’m sure once dilation starts I may, but my surgeon said I may not have much an issue with bleeding- so guess time will tell! Love knowing what I could experience!

As of this morning's visit with my gynecologist, I've STILL got a little spotting internally (though it's healing well, everything is within normal parameters). Like I said, there was gore everywhere. I have special snowflake skin though and, obviously, mileage may vary. I freaked out my tattoo artist too with how much swelling I can conjure up in a short period of time. That healed super well too. We've all got our little quirks.

I hope you're spared though. There was a while where I was just thinking, "I miss being able to wear my underwear without this stupid pad."

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

drum roll please......introducing the all new and improved....Kylie....

Post-Op #1

All the packing and foley has now been removed!

Per my Surgeon and the Nurses it looks phenomenal. Very little swelling, no bruising and the best part..depth of 6” and Width of 2”! 

Now I’ve learned how to dilate, they started me on Dilator #2 and are moving me to #3 next week pending it goes well.  Dilating process was actually painless, just a small amount of discomfort nearing the end of the canal, which she taught me how to manage without much issue. 

After my first 15 minute dilation session no bleeding, so super exciting! So thankful for all of you fine ladies giving me the strength and hope to push through this! 

Will continue further updates or answer questions as presented!

Kylie❤️

• Forum Moderator

Interesting. My surgeon put me on #1 (5 minutes) #2 (10 minutes) and #3 (5 minutes, but I do 10) right out of the gate. They didn't even give me the #4 ($55 from SoulSource if I wanted one). My gynecologist said I could probably handle it if I was interested. I pointed at my "Majestically Lesbian" shirt. We did talk sex toys for a bit. I guess that Adam and Eve commercials are on during his rounds and he finds that some of the ads promote bad behavior in some of his clients. A little surreal when I think about it, but I was a little loopy this morning.

Well, that was a tangent. Anyway, the #2 is the easiest one for me. I can handle #3 but it's a bit of an, ahem, stretch at six months. I'm curious what their reasoning is for the different dilation pattern.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Kylie that is utterly fantastic news. I imagine your smile being even wider then ear to ear. I hope I can have anywhere near that kind of success as far as depth and width and especially the ease with which your healing is already happening. Super hugs

Heather Shay

@Jackie C. Her reasoning was that she didn’t see the need in #1 because she wanted me to maintain what I have at current as far as width and depth. So we actually skipped on it completely. She said if I gave discomfort at any point I can switch to #1, but for now 30 minutes with #2 for three times a day this first week. She said #4 would come in at Month 2 around week 6. So excited for that! Every surgeon has such interesting takes on post operative care, I assume, if related to any surgeon, I work with multiple surgeons who will perform the same procedure on identical patients but everyone has a different post op care for their patients. Just personal preference ☺️

Thanks @Shay it has been such a great day, albeit I am DRAINED! Finished my shower and all and I am done for. Peeing for the first time was wonderful!

Kylie❤️

I’m glad to hear that your first post op appointment went well and your healing well 

• Forum Moderator

Being able to pee was nice (If I NEVER have a catheter again...), but that first shower? Divine.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Kylie amazing what a good pee can do AND doing it the correct way for once. Rest my dear child.

Yes! That first pee was AMAZING. 

I am having to learn what the actual sensation means, it feels different when I need to pee for sure.

Went our for dinner here in Texas with a close friend and someone she knows. So it was nice to finally be out. Just wasn’t able to stay out too long due to some discomfort with sitting. 

Completed my nightly tasks and self care, I’m now in bed. Going to probably fall into a quick coma! At least until about 6:30 am with my next bit of self care ??

Kylie

That’s awesome that you got to go out for dinner I bet it was nice too leave the hotel room. 
I would imagine going pee would be a whole different feeling to get used to. 

• Forum Moderator

@Kylie you are doing so well I can't wait for the day I can feel the sensations you are experiencing now. 

I can't remember if you mentioned your cat's name but I would love to know it. Can't wait to hear about the reunion. i bet he/she will go nuts to see mama again.

Shay

It was very nice to get out and enjoy life again. 

My cat name is Matty. He is almost 12 years old. He is a Maine Coon. He has been my best friend for all these years, and this separation by far has been so hard! The persons who FaceTimed me last night whom has been staying at my house each night with him and Matty was loving all over him and ignored me when I said his name. Can’t wait to get app that love! 

Hope everyone has a great day! ?

• Forum Moderator

We had a Maine Coon and she loved everyone in the family but me ? Give him a hug for me when you have your reunion.

@Shay ☺️❤️

Week #1 OVER

So, let me just say- today was my first full day of dilating and starting to develop what will be my new routine for the next few months until I return to work. It has been an exhausting day to say the least! Knowing each day counting down until next Tuesday seems so long, I’ve looked at each 8 hour mark of dilation as getting closer.

The process has been tedious, total time for each dilation session has been about 75 minutes from prep work to the brief shower at the end. So it is a very time consuming process, read about it but I guess it doesn’t make total sense until you do it. But I know we all have different dilation rituals and doctors suggestions.  

It has been a wonderful first day; I just took a Benadryl and I’m going to knock out hopefully soon and get some needed rest. 

Hope everyone is well❤️

Wow I didn’t really think that dialating would take that long but I guess if you think about it. It easily could take that long. How could you take off for a few months I would be so stir crazy after a week lol. The recovery time is what scares me the most about getting the surgery.

Yeah I am with Emily the recover time is what scare me cause i don't have that kind of saving to not work for 3weeks much less 3months....I happy your feel well

• Forum Moderator

Yeah, dilation always takes a bit longer than you think. Between lubing everything up and the clean-up afterwards. It's not a quick and neat process. Practice helps though, I can get through my routine in 30-45 minutes now.

Hugs!

I know! The recovery time is a bit long, but as of right now, I understand why I need to be out for the period of months. Luckily I had over 200 hours in my PTO account and Short Term Disability for this. So I don’t think I’ll have to touch into savings that much. 

Kylie