• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Today's Shopping Experience

Overalls Bear

Overalls Bear

Earlier today my wife & I went out to do some shopping. One of the places we stopped at was Target. She needed new underwear. Standing there with her surrounded by racks of  bras & panties... I thought about how I longed to need them.  Of course I couldn't / wouldn't tell her. Although I presume she's still vaguely aware of my gender dysphoria issues, (I think she's pushed the subject pretty-much back into the furthest reaches of her consciousness) I don't think it would ever occur to her I actually might long to be able to wear these things... and not just because I would enjoy wearing them but because I would need to wear them as the woman I have always longed to be / felt I should have been... but will never be.  

These sorts of experiences tear at the very fabric of my psyche. Whenever I have an experience such as this (which isn't often thankfully) it can take days to regain my equilibrium. There were periods of time, over the years, when I kept small secret stashes of women's clothing items hidden in my closet. (I've collected & purged more times than I think I could probably recall.) But that's all in the past now. At this point it's white jockey shorts for me. (Sigh...) ?

• Forum Moderator
Charlize

I think there are quite a few here who can understand your feelings.  I know i can.  Thank you for being honest and sharing here.  I did much the same thing years ago here, and with a therapist That helped me find my path.  Instead of dying with my secret i grew to accept and live with it.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hi again, @Overalls Bear
I have similar feelings when I am out shopping with my wife and she is shopping in the womens section.  I so much want to shop with her, go through the racks, compare our choices of styles and then try on our selections together.  Someday I hope.

I am Out to me wife only (and therapist, of course), and I am able to dress at home (only at home, in private).  I think I would be miserable if I could not do at least that.  So, I hope .. only when the time is right for you .. that eventually you can find a way to tell your wife, and she will be supportive. 

Wishing you all the best in yourjourney❣️

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

Hi Overalls Bear,

When I go to the store and see the women's clothing section, I often look with yearning. You are definitely not alone.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf ?

Overalls Bear

Thank you for your replies. The reality is nothing will ever change. But it feels good to at least have somewhere I can share thoughts & experiences such as these.  (Thank goodness for baby powder... )?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 66 Guests (See full list)

• Charlize
    • Heathick
    • Mary Jane
    • Aidan5
    • Becoming Jordan
    • Victoria94
    • DeeDee
    • RunValRun
    • VickySGV
    • MaryEllen
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Melissa B.
    Newest Member
    Melissa B.

1. Jodiv
      Jodiv
      (58 years old)
    2. starlight.wishes
      starlight.wishes
    • Mary Jane
      ok and thank you! 😄
    • Victoria94
      Well DeeDee The first 15 minutes was really akward and all I could think of was "what have I done" But after that the talk went really well. The worries went away as we talked a little about the topic and switched to another topic for a little while and then back. It was like just any other conversation. Im a bit scared but I feel a sligth relief as some weigths have been lifted off.   Victoria
    • DeeDee
      Victoria, that is wonderful news! You still have your friend, plus he may prove to be a real help for you moving forwards. I'll bet that 2hrs just flew past!
    • DeeDee
      ❤️🧡❤️ Amazing,now you know that both parents are supportive Amber, deep breaths!
    • Dinaki
      Some of us have started the transition when we were very young and had the surgery also at a young age, and not after a man was married to woman ( one or two times) and also having children and grandchildren,then he decides to transition at age 60+...   Face, hands, body, voice etc... were not developed  yet to become as a man and with the hormones, our body fully changed to that woman you see  and admire.  Myself included and many other ladies that I know, have not touched our face surgically ( feminization). Later in life, we may have went under the knife to perhaps have “the French beauty” ( Bardot, Gabor, Lauren etc).   Thats my answer to the OP and Shay dear, we are not fake, that was bold for you to say that!  
    • Mmindy
      I'm listening to all my Mac Davis downloadeds because he set the tone for my teenage years. 
    • Bobbie Scott
      Bri,I think you look great. 
    • Bobbie Scott
      Pretty outfit. 🥰
    • Reverie_Star
      Let me know if you need a co or partner usually on around 10 est most days
    • Shay
      Being like us is not easy and it takes all of us to support us - when you're down look here and you'll find someone to help - when you're up do the same for another one of us who is down. BOTH will make you feel better. Hug
    • QuestioningAmber
      Well I finally got both responses in.   I feel like my mom gave her usual unconditional love statement, however, she is really nervous I can tell about the idea of me transitioning and what it means for me. I know it comes from a place of love, it just a thing where I am not worried about it because if I am not me, how can I be happy. So I think there is some work there that is going to have to take place.   My dad says he understands how this has probably tormented me for so long. He sounds very supportive and is being kind of inquisitive with me. He has kind of stepped on a few land mines (some questions that I right now just gloss over). I think he will be supportive of the transition.   Now that the first round is done, I think it is time to reflect and decide on when to execute the next round. I feel like it may be difficult to talk to my brothers about it, though one is estranged on his accord.
    •  Kylie
      happy Birthday Kathy!
    • Jandi
      Lately… Depressed and Drained.   Guess a bit like waiting for the other shoe to drop, but stubbornly holding on.
    • K.S.S
      I'm probably not one of the best people to take advice from, I also struggle with self harm. My first time trying was in fourth grade, with a piece of plastic that came off my hand-me-down binder. I hurt myself on and off all through school just because I liked feeling pain I inflicted. But I got sloppy and when I got caught I tried to blame it on the neighborhood dogs and then I hid in the room I shared with my sister and one by one everyone in my family came in to talk to me. My sister cried and showed me hers and told me never to do it again because she'd kill me if she saw new ones. My father told me there were other ways to get attention, like asking for it and my mother... she just cried and hugged me and asked how she could make me better.  There will always be people who will not understand, like my father, and there will always be someone who just wants to help you. Even if they are not blood related, you are not alone and you will not be in trouble. Even if they have an angry reaction like my sister, it's just because they didn't realize it sooner and that makes them upset, because "they could've helped."  If you're looking for a reason to come out about it think about them because they will remember every instance where they thought there might be something wrong and they didn't ask and now they're upset because they didn't.    Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I think I got a little ramble-y at the end there. If you need someone to talk to let me know.    Warmly, K
    • JK
      I couldn't agree more. ❤️ 
  • Upcoming Events