• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi all

Rory M.

Rory M.

Hi. I’m Rory.  I’m just starting journey.  Still struggling to admit to myself that I may be a trans woman.  But reading through some of the posts here has started to help me realize I’m not as alone as I think. 

• Forum Moderator
Charlize

Welcome Rory.  I think many of us have struggled with this issue.  My time here and time with a therapist helped meatier looking back at my life as well as feeling my present situation.  Give it time, there is no rush.  Self discovery, wherever it takes you, is worth the effort.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hi Rory!  nice to meet you and Welcome!

I am just starting also, and I understand the feelings you describe.  Its a rollercoaster of emotions and the end goals are not always clear.
Same reason I thankfully found this Forum and its been VERY helpful. 

Just like @Charlize the experiences I've read here, and now just starting therapy has given me much more confidence that even if I don't know where I'm going yet, I know I am on the right path.  I am hoping the same for you❣️

Deep breaths ... one step at a time

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

Hi Rory,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

You're not alone anymore.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf ?

• Forum Moderator

Hello Rory and welcome!  Take you time to sort out who you are.  In the meantime, please join in.

Jani

• Forum Moderator
Susan R
8 hours ago, Rory M. said:

But reading through some of the posts here has started to help me realize I’m not as alone as I think. 

Welcome Rory, I’m glad you found our forum. In some ways, this is a wonderful era to come to understand just who you really are...not necessarily your specific circumstances but generally. When I first started asking the hard questions at 11 years old, there were absolutely no resources or support anywhere to me. Even as a child at that age, could I trust an adult with this information? I remember thinking to myself, “I am probably the only boy in the world who wants to be a girl.” It seemed sad and profound at the time and I felt completely alone so I relate to this statement above to some degree.

Times have changed and now there are plenty of resources and areas of support available. We’re here for exactly that reason. If you have any questions, need any advice, or just need a friend, reaching out here is one of the best ways to help yourself.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

Bri2020

Welcome Rory!

The journey of self discovery takes time but you have lots of support here no matter where it takes you. Ask questions, read posts and most importantly, try and find a therapist who specializes in gender identity to help you sort through things.

Hugs

Bri

Hi Rory, 

It's never easy to figure things out about ourselves alone. We all generally tend to feel better if we are with other's that help us feel understood and appreciated. I know you'll find a lot of support here. Once you've had some time to chat with folks and share some thoughts about how you are feeling, I bet you will feel much better.

~Abi~

• Admin
Carolyn Marie

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Rory.  I hope you learn a lot here and make some friends.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

KymmieL

Rory, Welcome to TP.

We are just a bunch of friendly people. Feel free to ask questions. one of us here will know the answer or refer you to someone who does. I am in the beginning of my journey towards womanhood. This place has kept me sane and alive. 

Kymmie

welcome aboard Rory 

Rorelai

Hey same name! Welcome to trans pulse other Rory M. This forum is a good place to find support and info about transitioning. Good luck as you start your transition and get in touch with your true self!

Rory M.
On 8/7/2020 at 1:03 PM, Rorelai said:

Hey same name! Welcome to trans pulse other Rory M. This forum is a good place to find support and info about transitioning. Good luck as you start your transition and get in touch with your true self!

Hi other Rory!   I’m so glad i found this place.  

Alexxiss

Hi Rory, welcome! I'm also brand new, so it's nice meeting other newbies around TGP. Finding yourself is a wonderful thing. Enjoy the ride and let us know if you want to talk about it more or are even slightly curious about taking the next steps ?  and those steps don't necessarily have to be medical.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:44 AM, Alexxiss said:

Hi Rory, welcome! I'm also brand new, so it's nice meeting other newbies around TGP. Finding yourself is a wonderful thing. Enjoy the ride and let us know if you want to talk about it more or are even slightly curious about taking the next steps ?  and those steps don't necessarily have to be medical.

Thanks Alexxiss. I still think I’m a good ways away from anything medical.  Now I’m just looking for ways to finally express this part of myself and work through some of what I am feeling   

Alexxiss

Yay. What ways are you thinking right now?

1 hour ago, Alexxiss said:

Yay. What ways are you thinking right now?

Don’t know really.  I have found I do love shopping for clothes.  But since I’m not out to a lot of people, I don’t get an opportunity to try a lot on. 

Hey again other Rory! If you like shopping and fashion, a real baby step you could do even if you can't get out and try on clothes for yourself would be to start compiling a Pinterest board to find fashion inspiration. There's lots of great style tips out there that'll help give you directions when you do get the chance to go out shopping irl.

14 hours ago, Rorelai said:

Hey again other Rory! If you like shopping and fashion, a real baby step you could do even if you can't get out and try on clothes for yourself would be to start compiling a Pinterest board to find fashion inspiration. There's lots of great style tips out there that'll help give you directions when you do get the chance to go out shopping irl.

Thanks other Rory. My Amazon wish list is getting full! I always hated shopping for men’s clothing. Always felt awkward, like nothing was really me. But shopping for women’s clothing is like an exciting new world.   

Hi Rory, 

I'm new here as of this morning. Welcome and best wishes for figuring things out. 

8 hours ago, Selina said:

Hi Rory, 

I'm new here as of this morning. Welcome and best wishes for figuring things out. 

Hi selina

22 hours ago, Rory M. said:

I always hated shopping for men’s clothing. Always felt awkward, like nothing was really me. But shopping for women’s clothing is like an exciting new world.  

Me too, Rory!  I have never enjoyed shopping for men's clothing, and never get a "Wow" factor when I try something on. 

Now, Women's clothes?  that's totally different.  Now I know why women like to go shopping, and I wish I could actually shop out .... someday. 

But, for me Amazon has been a lifeline, and I enjoy the online browsing (and when they email me recommendations) and waiting for my new items to arrive to try on.   Have fun shopping❣️

10 hours ago, KayC said:

Me too, Rory!  I have never enjoyed shopping for men's clothing, and never get a "Wow" factor when I try something on. 

Now, Women's clothes?  that's totally different.  Now I know why women like to go shopping, and I wish I could actually shop out .... someday. 

But, for me Amazon has been a lifeline, and I enjoy the online browsing (and when they email me recommendations) and waiting for my new items to arrive to try on.   Have fun shopping❣️

I know right.  I’ve bought the same blue jeans for the last decade because I could never found anything I really was comfortable with.  But women’s clothing!!!   I can’t stop looking at dresses and a new pair of leggings is like Christmas.