• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ideas to draw out pronouns on random calls

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

I posted a request on the "achieving Feminine Voice" but I got no responses - I wanted to test my progress on my voice feminization exercises and making random calls to some stores and  a hair salon to see if they think I am female from my voice on the phone. I tried but no one used ma'am or any language to let me know if they thought I was female. I even tried a hair salon and said I'd have to check with my husband about taking me and that didn't work either.

Any experience and how you used phrases or something to draw out if they thought you were a girl?

Thank You,

Shay

• Forum Moderator

Good idea - calling government or banks or institutions - I'll give it a try and tell you how it goes.

Thanks

Be patient and give it some time. There will be a day you aren’t reaching for the pronoun yet it will find you. It all seems stars only align once the time is right. ❤️

Just keep doing the work for yourself and that day will come. 

Kylie 

• Forum Moderator

For someone who I imagine is still in some pain - you are amazing and I thank you for the support - I admire you, I am thankful for you, you are my heroine.