• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Are You Serious About Transgender Inclusion In Enda?

The Following is a press release from NTAC. Here's a chance to make a difference.

For Immediate Release: Dated September 28, 2007

Contacts: Vanessa Edwards Foster; Houston, Texas

Chair, Ethan St. Pierre, Haverhill, MA

Contact Email: [email protected]

Contact Phone: 832-483-9901

978-518-1835

Are You Serious About Transgender Inclusion in ENDA?

On Wednesday, September 26, the Washington Blade reported that gender identity and expression language in the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) was being considered for removal from the bill.

ENDA is presently being debated by the House Committee on Education and Labor’s Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions. If you are a transgender person, or care about transgender people, and want the benefits of inclusion in ENDA, the time is now to contact your Congressman. The importance of this is even more extreme if your Congressman is a member of the House Committee on Education and Labor, and is more vital yet if they are a member of the Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions.

Below, there is a list of Committee Members. Subcommittee Members are marked in red. It is also imperative that the Committee Staff that’s handling ENDA be contacted, as well as the House Speaker, House Majority Leader, co-authors of ENDA (Barney Frank and Tammy Baldwin), and House Majority Whip. Those numbers are also included in this release.

Your message to these Members of Congress should be short and to the point. Prepare your script yourself in advance, using your own words. Emphasize that transgender people are the most discriminated against minority in the workplace today, with estimates of over 70% of transgender people having actually experienced workplace discrimination. Also mention that, without gender identity and expression language, gay and lesbian people will continue to face legal discrimination in the workplace because of their lack of congruence with societal norms of gender presentation and behavior. Telling your own story of discrimination, with brevity, is powerful. Finally, ask that the Representative insist on inclusion of gender identity and expression and that he or she vote to pass the bill.

Call, write, fax - don't wait, contact them now!

Ask to talk with the staff member who is working with the Employment Non-Discrimination or other civil rights legislation.

Committee on Education and Labor

2181 Rayburn House Office Building | Washington, DC 20515 | t: 202-225-3725

Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions Members in Red

Pertinent Staff Members:

Jody Calemine, Labor Policy Deputy Director

Jeffrey Hancuff, Staff Assistant, Labor

Name State-Dist Phone (202)

Democrats

* George Miller, Chairman (CA-07) 225-2095 2205

* Dale E. Kildee (MI-05) 225-3611 2107

* Donald M. Payne (NJ-10) 225-3436 2209

* Robert E. Andrews (NJ-01) 225-6501 2439

* Robert C. Scott (VA-03) 225-8351 1201

* Lynn C. Woolsey (CA-06) 225-5161 2263

* Rubén Hinojosa (TX-15) 225-2531 2463

* Carolyn McCarthy (NY-04) 225-5516 106

* John F. Tierney (MA-06) 225-8020 2238

* Dennis J. Kucinich (OH-10) 225-5871 2445

* David Wu (OR-01) 225-0855 2338

* Rush D. Holt (NJ-12) 225-5801 1019

* Susan A. Davis (CA-53) 225-2040 1526

* Danny K. Davis (IL-07) 225-5006 2159

* Raúl M. Grijalva (AZ-07) 225-2435 1440

* Timothy H. Bishop (NY-01) 225-3826 225

* Linda T. Sánchez (CA-39) 225-6676 1222

* John Sarbanes (MD-03) 225-4016 426

* Joe Sestak (PA-07) 225-2011 1022

* Dave Loebsack (IA-02) 225-6576 1513

* Mazie Hirono (HI-02) 225-4906 1229

* Jason Altmire (PA-04) 225-2565 1419

* John Yarmuth (KY-03) 225-5401 319

* Phil Hare (IL-17) 225-5905 1118

* Yvette Clarke (NY-11) 225-6231 1029

* Joe Courtney (CT-02) 225-2076 215

* Carol Shea-Porter (NH-01) 225-5456 1508

Republicans

* Howard P. "Buck" McKeon, (CA-25) 225-1956 2351

Ranking Member

* Thomas E. Petri (WI-06) 225-2476 2462

* Peter Hoekstra (MI-02) 225-4401 2234

* Michael N. Castle (DE-At Large) 225-4165 1233

* Mark E. Souder (IN-03) 225-4436 2231

* Vernon J. Ehlers (MI-03) 225-3831 2182

* Judy Biggert (IL-13) 225-3515 1034

* Todd Russell Platts (PA-19) 225-5836 1032

* Ric Keller (FL-8) 225-2176 419

* Joe Wilson (SC-02) 225-2452 212

* John Kline (MN-02) 225-2271 1429

* Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05) 225-2006 1708

* Kenny Marchant (TX-24) 225-6605 1037

* Tom Price (GA-06) 225-4501 424

* Luis G. Fortuño (PR) 225-2615 126

* Charles W. Boustany, Jr. (LA-07) 225-2031 1117

* Virginia Foxx (NC-05) 225-2071 430

* John R. "Randy" Kuhl, Jr. (NY-29) 225-3161 1505

* Rob Bishop (UT-01) 225-0453 124

* David Davis (TN-01) 225-6356 514

* Timothy Walberg (MI-07) 225-6276 325

* Dean Heller (NV-02) 225-6155 1023

Other Members of Congress who should be contacted:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi 225-4965 235

Majority Leader Steny Hoyer 225-4131 1705

Barney Frank 225-5931 2252

Tammy Baldwin 225-2906 2446

Majority Whip James Clyburn 225-3315 2135

This is the closest we have ever been to passing a transgender-inclusive ENDA bill. Don’t let political weakness rob us of our rights once again. Call now.

– 30 –

Founded in 1999, NTAC - the National Transgender Advocacy Coalition - is a civil rights organization working to establish and maintain the right of all transgendered, intersexed, and gender-variant people to live and work without fear of violence or discrimination.

I'm sorry to say that the NTAC website didn't impress me. There's no mention of ENDA.

The HRC is kind of a dud, too.

Actually the site that seems to care the most about this is Pride at Work, AFL-CIO

Not Working ENDA: Picket Nancy Pelosi

LGBT Movement Refuses to Support Non-Inclusive Bill

(You have to dlick on the opening picture of the guy with the megaphone if it appears)

I emailed my representative about ENDA urging every effort to make it pass and the retention of all the transgender sections.

We've been sold up the river.

Z.

I hope that they will consider this, because hopefully Canada will open up about it. The issue is fairly dead up here as there is not a whole lot of people that have come forward about it.

I'm been surprised and happy to say that there was apparently a ground swell that made the pols reconsider.

It's still hanging in the balance though. This link is the same (reused) address as the previous Nancy Pelosi link.

Your Voices Were Heard- Keep The Pressure Up!

Yes the groundswell is awesome. I've been following it for the news page and there are lots of opinions and articles both pro and con http://www.lauras-playground.com/trans_news.htm . My mailbox has been full from advocate groups I belong to. The Transgender activity is furious. A protest is planned at an HRC dinner where NAncy Pelosi will be speaking.

With 150 gay and transgender national and state organizations demanding that ENDA be inclusive of Transgender or "NO Deal" . Sadly there is only one Organization who has still not signed on completely and that is HRC. Donna Rose who was the only Transgender member of the national board resigned over this.

What is really amazing is that when you listen to Barney Frank his objections to Transgender people shows that he really doesn't understand our issues at all. The month delay in presenting the bill was Nancy Pelosi's way of giving Transgender advocates time to explain our issues to congress by lobbying them. FRank's feelings about us are not new as those who have interviewed him from the community have been predicting this since May of this year. I predicted this in an article as well. I'm not alone. Organizations felt he would change his mind once he knew the facts. His actions were taken on his own. Many feel that HRC his ally is well connected as well. I was wrong about one thing though. Except for HRC gay organizations do support us. That was a pleasant surprise for me.

Laura

Good Evening Laura,

While at my SAGA(SanAntonioGenderAssociation)support group meeting.

We had a representative from The Stonewall Democrates,a Mr.Roberto Sanchez address the group.

He stated,and gave us each a copy,that the TSD does not back EDNA...unless the T in GLBT is included."We are one entity not divided,it is all or nothing.The transgenders Will Not be left to swing in the wind.All of you are part of our family,this is the GLBT...Not The GLB."

We also have as a member one Julia DeGrace,whom is on the local board of the HRC as the lone Transwoman.

She stated that she was considering resigning her position,then she reconsidered.

"If i resign there will be no one to represent the Trangender community.And that just wont due."

Since coming out,i decided that i would not live in stealth.I am not sure exactly what role i will play

in the coming years.Activist,Support,Educator...i will not fade into the back ground...blend into society as a nameless woman.I do not think that is the path that i was meant to follow.

I am not looking to be noticed or be in the news.God put me here for a reason,and i think this is it.

Angie Erickson.

The status of H.R. 2015 (ENDA) can be found on:

http:thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h.r.02015:

The text of H.R. 2015 can be found on:

And when they get around to voting on it (presuming it gets a roll call vote) you can see how your representative voted in:

You can find out how to contact your representative through:

I had sent my representative a message through his contact form on his website (found through the above link).

Scratching my head over the form, I decided (for the first time in my life) that Ms. and a female version of my name was the most appropriate and honest.

I received a nice letter from my representative, Nick J. Rahall II (D), thanking me. I'll have to wait and see how he actually votes.

In any case, it was pleasing to receive a letter addressed Ms. and from the government, too. They're never wrong.

Z.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 159 Guests (See full list)

• awkward-yet-sweet
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • MirandaB
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. Bowie Ellis
      Bowie Ellis
      (19 years old)
    2. Damien Mcknight
      Damien Mcknight
      (18 years old)
    3. JJ
      JJ
      (77 years old)
    4. KathyLauren
      KathyLauren
      (70 years old)
    5. memyselfandwe
      memyselfandwe
      (44 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      It was nine thirty.  Saturday morning had rolled around more quickly than Taylor could believe.  She groaned, whined, thought of a million excuses why she should just stay in bed and knock the alarm across the room.  But it would still be going on, and so would the promise to Bob: when the gi came in, she would be in. There it was in its nice package, out where she could not miss it.  Why didn't she hide it?  She shook her head.   Up she got.  Sometimes you just do.  Her hair was a wreck. She patted it down and went to the bathroom.  Nine forty five. Shower later. No make up. She hated kara-tay especially at an ungodly early hour on a Saturday morning. Bagel. Instant coffee.  She was five minutes away when she realized she had forgotten the gi.  Back she went.   Into the dojo.  She had about five minutes to get the gi on.  She attempted to slip in unnoticed and go to the little restroom. Someone barked something out in Japanese or something, and there was a dead silence.  She turned to see what was going on. Both classes were getting into their lines, but everyone, including Bob, was bowing slightly. To her. Bob nodded, and she returned the bow.  Life started again. She was touched.   Bowing three times. Oath. Kata.  She was facing off with Judy as her partner.  Judy looked worried.   "Sometimes you just gotta pick yourself up and try again," Taylor told her. She nodded. "Let's do this."   Lunge punch and lower block.  They traded off like nothing had happened the last weekend.  Lunge punch and middle block. Lunge punch and upper block.  It was kind of like dancing. Taylor enjoyed it.  She wanted to learn more.  Brown-belt Maggie adjusted position of limbs and hips for both Taylor and Judy, telling them when she was about to do something: elbow up a bit".    "How'd you do?" Bob asked her later.  They had both gone home and showered. Now they were in a booth at a fast food place.   "I was kind of disappointed class ended. I was ready for more."   "That's my trooper."   "I'm not allowing you in my apartment until we are married," she said suddenly.   "You think I am a problem?"   "No.  I think you are safe. You passed the test  I am the problem here."   "Okay."   "What did the doctor tell you?"   "It's complicated.  More tests coming.  Like getting into college.  I got a letter back.  It seems there is this big fat M on my transcript and my current picture is not an M type picture.  I have to write a letter and send them notarized proofs and stuff. Just delays. This is a pain. Nothing cut and dried."   "I will say.  I'm glad I'm not transgender."   "Hah. You are pulled into my world.  You are involved in this stuff as much as I am, and, as you put it, of your own free will."   "You are worth it."   "I hope so."   "I know so."      
    • Abigail Genevieve
      On the way back to her desk she was interrupted by six short, urgent conversations that had to be attended to. Then she slipped into the women's room and locked the stall door.  She took a deep breath, then another, and allowed herself to shake for five minutes,  Then deep breathing, ten in and ten out, stretch up, touch the floor, neck rolls and she was fine. She used the toilet and a woman knocked and said, "Taylor, are you okay?"   "Ready to conquer the world!"  on her way out she found her makeup was fine.  Three stalls, two sinks.  If she ever designed a women's room with three stalls, there would be four sinks, with plenty of space to plunk your stuff down between them.   She met a deferential Karen.  "Here is the branding I came up with," she said.  And she went back to working as hard as Brenda and Mary, who looked up worriedly and then went back to the proposal.   Shortly before 5:00 she received an email with the title Consolidation and Compensation.  In it she learned that the position of office manager was eliminated, and the current office manager was to become the chief executive officer. The former CEO, along with the CFO, the chief legal officer, and sundry staff, had been terminated, per the Board of Directors.  Effective immediately everyone would receive a base salary of $20,000 with a commission to be set by the individual's supervisor.  Each supervisor would be given a certain percentage to distribute.  Most functions they had been handled would be outsourced as needed.   "The question of what profit was made last year is frequent enough to be answered.  The company lost over 500,000 in fiscal 2023.  At this point further cuts are not anticipated.  We will be strategically adding positions that will enhance our profits. Hard work is expected of everyone."   Her two web guys had been complaining because their games had been remotely uninstalled.  After the memo came out they were absolutely silent.  That gave her an idea, and after an exchange of emails they were reassigned to maintenance out at the plant, effective tomorrow morning.  There were lots of weeds that needed pulling, if nothing else. That email went out after they left early, for the day.  The maintenance foreman was a no-nonsense type who did not tolerate slacking, and they would learn a thing or two.  This also freed up two spaces for her to put new people.
    • MaeBe
      So…I didn’t know your Facebook avatar was public. So, on my birthday, a couple people used a group avatar message to wish me a happy birthday…and now my Facebook friends can see a short video of my female avatar dancing with an old friend’s and another with my uncle’s avatars. So am I “Facebook out” now? 😬
    • Davie
      No, they are not. Truth wins in the end and this report is full of lies that poison the whole thing: see this: "Dr. Cass Backpedals From Review: HRT, Blockers Should Be Made Available it's said. Dr. Cass's latest statements are likely to cast more doubt on the validity of the study, which has come under fire for disregarding substantial evidence on trans care." https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/dr-cass-backpedals-from-review-hrt?publication_id=994764&post_id=143743897&isFreemail=true&r=rebf4&triedRedirect=true I hope Dr. Cass wins The Mengele Award for it.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Boyfriend and I went to a support group for spouses dating or married to a transgender person on Tuesday night for the first time.It was amazing meeting other couples like us.One was a genetic woman whom has been dating a transgender male for the first time and she is supporting his transition.Us,they were amazed by us agreeing on something we said,love and acceptance have brought us together
    • Abigail Genevieve
      By which I mean there is a cultural stereotype of what a man is, and one of what a woman is.  Even worse, of what a transgender person is.   You be you.   I read of a boy who thought he was a girl because he did not adhere to some (rather toxic) conceptions of what it means to be a man, so he decided he was a girl.  He was told he didn't have to conform to stereotype and got happy. "You mean I don't have to transition?" He didn't want to, and was relieved.   Once upon a time if you were transgender they told you either you transition or die.   Incorporate the best of what it means to be a man and the best of what it means to be a woman as much as you possibly can, and let the rest go.  Be fully human. Be alive. Don't conform to some cultural crud.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      On the way back to her desk she was interrupted by six short, urgent conversations that had to be attended to. Then she slipped into the women's room and locked the stall door.  She took a deep breath, then another, and allowed herself to shake for five minutes,  Then deep breathing, ten in and ten out, stretch up, touch the floor, neck rolls and she was fine. She used the toilet and a woman knocked and said, "Taylor, are you okay?"   "Ready to conquer the world!"  on her way out she found her makeup was fine.  Three stalls, two sinks.  If she ever designed a women's room with three stalls, there would be four sinks, with plenty of space to plunk your stuff down between them.   She met a deferential Karen.  "Here is the branding I came up with," she said.  And she went back to working as hard as Brenda and Mary, who looked up worriedly and then went back to the proposal.   Shortly before 5:00 she received an email with the title Consolidation and Compensation.  In it she learned that the position of office manager was eliminated, and the current office manager was to become the chief executive officer. The former CEO, along with the CFO, the chief legal officer, and sundry staff, had been terminated, per the Board of Directors.  Effective immediately everyone would receive a base salary of $20,000 with a commission to be set by the individual's supervisor.  Each supervisor would be given a certain percentage to distribute.  Most functions they had been handled would be outsourced as needed.   "The question of what profit was made last year is frequent enough to be answered.  The company lost over 500,000 in fiscal 2023.  At this point further cuts are not anticipated.  We will be strategically adding positions that will enhance our profits. Hard work is expected of everyone."   Her two web guys had been complaining because their games had been remotely uninstalled.  After the memo came out they were absolutely silent.  That gave her an idea, and after an exchange of emails they were reassigned to maintenance out at the plant, effective tomorrow morning.  There were lots of weeds that needed pulling, if nothing else. That email went out after they left early, for the day.  The maintenance foreman was a no-nonsense type who did not tolerate slacking, and they would learn a thing or two.  This also freed up two spaces for her to put new people.
    • Davie
      Except for this thung thwister: Theophilus Thistle, the successful thistle sifter, in sifting a sieve full of unsifted thistles, thrust three-thousand thistles through the thick of his thumb. Now if, Theophilus Thistle, the successful thistle sifter, in sifting a sieve full of of unsifted thistles, thrust three-thousand thistles through the thick of his thumb, how many thistles can'st thou thrust through the thick of thy thumb . . . in sifting a sieve-full of unsifted thistles? Success to the successful thistle sifter!
    • VickySGV
      You have given you and us a big clue right there.  I hope you have shared this observation with your Endocrinologist and are willing to take their advice about changing that behavior.    Non prescribed herbal or animal supplements can have a negative effect on your body's use of your available hormones.  Also, your genetics are going to be controlling what your body is going to do with your hormones, and again, that is for you to consult with your Endocrinologists.  On this site none of us are licensed medical personnel and we cannot give you advice on your health more than what your doctor can.  We have rules that we enforce against our members advising about "Folk Remedies" because we have had members who have gone that route and badly damaged their health and quality of life.  Only thing I can go anywhere on, is that maybe if you change your expectations of what should happen, you will at least not be in danger of harming yourself from anxiety.
    • Timi
      Hi @violet r!    Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so glad you found this place. I hope you find as much comfort and support here as I have.    -Timi    
    • marysssia
      Hi lovely people,   I'm a 25 yo MtF woman, and I've been suffering from low estrogen issues since October 2023. I completely lost my feminine libido, my breast completely stopped growing, my estrogen levels dropped by a lot (despite NOT decreasing my E dosage) and thus my dysphoria drastically increased. I think it is worth mentioning that, for my health issues, I had been taking ----- Lamotrigine for months & had been on ketogenic diet, and these things seem to be a culprit of my current issue. I weaned off Lamotrigine some time ago and gave up on keto diet, but it still doesn't seem to help. My estrogen is still low (44 ng/ml) and my libido hasn't come back yet. In general, I struggle with my dysphoria so much because of that and, to be honest, I don't know what to do. I've tried so many dietary supplements, yet I didn't get any effects from them. My endocrinologist didn't know how to help me. She only suggested to increase my daily estrogen dose (to 3x per day ------sublingual estrogen tablets and 3x per day ------ estrogen gel applied to armpits or thighs), which I did, without any effect.   Please, help me. Prior to keto diet & Lamotrigine treatment, I'd never had experience like that. I'm basically helpless and have no clue what to do. Having to deal with low estrogen is a horrible experience to me and it affects my life severely.   BTW, my T levels are always within female range.   Do you have any clue what exactly I should do?
    • April Marie
      I love wearing a jeans skirt!! That looks like airport carpet. Safe travels if you're flying!!
    • Maddee
      Flight faraway forthcoming Fabulous forum friends 😊😊🎸🦂
    • Maddee
    • KathyLauren
      One of our cats is polydactyl.  He has 7 toes on each front paw and 5 on each back paw, for 24 toes total.   Another one, an ex-feral who, at the time, was free to roam, climbed 50 feet up a tree without having any thought about how he was going to get down.  His pal climed down backwards, but he couldn't.  He ended up coming down by leaping from branch to branch.  Which nearly gave us heart attacks, because he only has one eye and therefore has no depth perception.   The other ex-feral (both are now indoor cats) obviously does not have those soft pads on his feet.  At night, when we are in bed, we can hear him stomping around the house.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.