• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Radio Host

Guest Leigh

Well, I went there and felt the need to send an E-mail to the General Manager.

While I know it is the right of every terribly under informed and likely under educated person to get a job on the radio and spread his or her total lack of knowledge on any subject - I don't believe that anyone should lose their job just for being ignorant.

I would suggest that they read the last position by the AMA and the APA that being transgendered is a medical, physical condition and not a mental disorder.

Ignorance is not a mental condition, education can resolve that problem.

Actually stupidity is a mental issue for which there is no cure, I hope that they are only ignorant.

Work toward tolerance and understanding not hatred.

Just a thought,

Sally

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Charlene_Leona
http://www.glaad.org/Page.aspx?pid=730

so, yeah.

take a listen if you want....

i know i'm ticked off about it.

feel free to break apart his weak arguments...

peace&love

leigh

These guys really need to lose there right to broadcast their hate to the American people, not just give an apology. These type of uneducated ignorant comment have no place in our society.

Guest Leigh

yeah, i definitely want to write letters to all of them. (i'm going to put a lot of thought into them...)

and i would really like it if they lost their jobs...but, who knows.

if they'd said something similar about homosexuals, i'm sure they'd be fired, but we're not as socially ok...so, we'll see what happens.

peace&love

leigh

I don't have anything to say to those people. They are obviously so blinded by hate and anger that there is no possible way to make them face reality. I agree that they should be taken off the air- you know they would be if they shouted racial prejudice, so why are they still here after that? This is prejudice. They are supporting the idea that were are less than human and are encouraging CHILD ABUSE against transgendered children.

That is absolutely disgusting.

Guest Nekomata

My friend Eve and I came up with a webcomic regarding this.

RADShow.jpg

The story has a happy ending. 8 of their major advertisers have dropped their contract with the radio station in disgust.

However, the radio station was sent many mindless hate mails and death threats. I don't think it is right. Hate only breeds hate, and 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Guest nova

Just reading the articles made me ill. I just couldn't bear to listen to it. I was raised by a father who could have written their script.

Guest joe0117

Ok - I am still raw so I will try to control the shaking while I type. I don't understand how people can be so hateful. I don't care what a child wants to wear, identifies as, does ,says, anything, - You NEVER hit a child. You should never hit anyone. To condone injuring, tormenting, harassing, traumatizing a child is unforgivable. They issue a forced, insincere apology and that is supposed to close the subject. I will also write to the producer of the show and the sponsors. I will not waste my time with the hosts. I am glad for the sponsors that have pulled out and the ones that still support this rubbish will know that I will not support them and I will ask my friends to support me not suupport them and so on. It may not make a difference but if it in any way can make it so these two, and others who think like them,who are in a position to broadcast ideas and thoughts of hatred and violence think before they spew this hate then it will have been worth it. I don't know if this is coherent english and grammar at this point. All it takes is one person to follow through on their judgement/punishment and then you have someone dead or dealing with that trauma for the rst of their life. I will leave it at that. :mad::mad::mad:

Joe

Guest Donna Jean

OK.......

I have to confess that I have avoided this topic because I thought it would really tic me off....

Well, I just listened.....

I am PO'd

If these sorry excuses for humanity want to do a radio show at the expense of others disabilities and problems.....well...I find it VERY disturbing ..not funny...mean spirited...crude...nasty...

We always mention here that Transsexuality is like having a club foot...something that can be fixed through modern medicine and why deny someone a cure for a disability????

The very THOUGHT that we bring this upon ourselves! DANG!

Idiots!

I'll be working on my responses to the sponsors today!

YEP! I was right...TIC'ed me off!!!!

HRUMPH!!

Donna Jean

Guest Melanieshaman

This is in my back yard. I live in Sacramento, and while i did not hear the original rant by those two idiots (i don't listen to that station in the morning-because i can't stand those idiots) around the middle of the week or so, they did thier whole show about why they would NOT apologize and just made excuses as to thier show, and that fact that they over do everything to get a point across. I actually accidentally came across them discussing it, and had to listen. They made no apologies because they said they didn't do anything wrong. Transgender aside (just for a second) hitting or throwing a shoe at a kid is child abuse and wrong from the get go, but due to the fast that the child was transgendered does that mean not only is it child abuse (which i didn't hear anyone say) but it would also be classified as a hate crime if reported?

Anyway, alot of people called in/wrote in and said what they did was opinion but wrong..some even wrote and said they would hunt down thier families (that's just stooping to there level and wrong in it's own right). From what i have gathered lately is that the station manager has no intention of making them formally apologize, as he thinks they had the right to say those things. Also, Arnie said during thier rant following the thing on tv about them (here locally) that if he were forced to apologize he'd probably get out of radio (crossed fingers).

Well, i have ranted enough... believe me when i say those people and that radio station make me SICK!

Guest Melanieshaman

Posted on thier site this morning... i flipped through the stations and when i heard music on KRXQ instead of those idiots i listened for a bit and they said they would not be broadcasting today.. i was hoping they were gone forever, but we'll see what happens next.

UPDATED JUNE 7TH, 2009, 11:50AM

TO OUR LOYAL ROB, ARNIE AND DAWN FOLLOWERS,

WE HAVE FAILED YOU. AS A SHOW, AS PEOPLE, AS BROADCASTERS, WE HAVE SIMPLY FAILED ON ALMOST EVERY LEVEL.

WE PRESENTED OUR OPINIONS ON A VERY SENSITIVE SUBJECT IN A HATEFUL, CHILDISH AND CRUDE FASHION; AND THEN, GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO RETRACT THOSE REMARKS, WE DEFENDED THEM.

SINCE THEN, YOU, OUR LOYAL LISTENERS, HAVE MADE IT CLEAR TO US THAT WE WENT TOO FAR. THE RESPONSE HAS BEEN OVERWHELMING. NONE OF YOU SAID THAT WE COULDN’T HAVE OPINIONS, YET SO MANY OF YOU SAID THAT THE WAY WE GAVE THEM CROSSED THE LINE. FURTHER, YOU SAID THAT OUR ATTEMPT TO MASK OUR COMMENTS AS “JOKES THAT WOULD BE UNDERSTOOD BY OUR AUDIENCE,” WAS UNACCEPTABLE. I WOULD SAY NOW THAT IT WAS WORSE THAN THAT, IT WAS COWARDLY. YOU HAVE MADE THAT CLEAR.

WE HAVE REACHED OUT TO VARIOUS GROUPS AND ASKED FOR A CHANCE TO MAKE THIS RIGHT; TO RESPOND, WITH THEIR PARTICIPATION, TO THE EDUCATION THAT OUR AUDIENCE HAS PROVIDED US. THAT OPPORTUNITY HAS BEEN GRACIOUSLY GRANTED THIS THURSDAY MORNING, JUNE 11TH. AT 7:30 A.M.

THE WORD APOLOGY APPEARS NO WHERE IN THIS LETTER FOR A REASON. WE ALREADY HID FROM DOING THE RIGHT THING ONCE AND WE’RE NOT GOING TO MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN. APOLOGIZING IN A WRITTEN, POSTED STATEMENT IS A FORM OF COWARDICE. WE WILL SAY WHAT NEEDS TO BE SAID THIS THURSDAY.

ON A FINAL, PERSONAL NOTE, AS THE LEADER AND OWNER OF THE SHOW, I HAVE MADE THE DECISION THAT WE NEED TO REFRAIN FROM BROADCASTING NEW EPISODES UNTIL WE CAN ADDRESS THIS ON THURSDAY . WE WILL RETURN TO THE AIR AT 7:30 A.M. JUNE 11TH.

ROB WILLIAMS

ROB, ARNIE AND DAWN

Guest Donna Jean

Melanie.......

That should prove interesting......be sure to keep us aware of what's going on with these people.....OK?

Thanks a bunch, Honey!

Donna Jean

Guest Melanieshaman
Melanie.......

That should prove interesting......be sure to keep us aware of what's going on with these people.....OK?

Thanks a bunch, Honey!

Donna Jean

I will. I will be listening on thursday, to see if this is legit or they are messing with everyone.

Guest 71christy09

I used to listen to them every morning about 6 or 7 years ago, then they expanded their show nationwide for a bit and they went down hill. I did not even bother listening to the recording of their show because I recall how they were around the time I stopped listening, I was mad enough when I read the comments. Although I had tears in my eyes and was happy to hear some companies and people in the world still give a crap.

I know Dawn is the one who sticks up for everything Arnie and Rob trample, but I often wondered whether it was an act or not...you know anything to sell something.

Sadly hate radio is a boon to advertising. Millions listen to this stuff. Conflict is a huge draw. If Roman Gladiator fights to the death with swords were legal there would be a reality show with millions tuned in turning their thumbs down.

Laura

Guest Zabrak

Things like this get me really angry and down(why I have been trying too avoid the subject). But I'm happy they've got so many bad comments that their being forced to say sorry rather then defend their hate mongering.

Guest Melanieshaman
but I often wondered whether it was an act or not...you know anything to sell something.

That's what i figured as well, but since they said they would NOT apologize (although it seems like they may now) i think these guys are just hate mongers

Guest nymphblossom

What a hateful tirade. I have heard shock jocks before, but they went on and on and on. If ratings were their goal, they'll have at least one new listener Friday morning...

Blossom

Guest nova

I am a suspicious of their latest statement saying they have "failed" because it is addressed to "our LOYAL FOLLOWERS" . . . "our LOYAL LISTENERS". And, there is not one mention of transgender children. If you weren't aware of the issue, and just read this statement, you would have no idea what they were talking about. In fact, the statement is carefully worded to split their "opinions' into style vs substance. The impression I am getting is that they are regretting the way they presented their statements, not for the substance or content of those statements. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out and peel away the invective and then try to hide what's left behind the 1st amendment. I want to see them specifically address the specific statements made against the transgender community, especially the children. Are they going to apologize for saying transgender children are comparable to animals and undeserving of love? Or are they going to imply that they merely presented this "opinion" in a "crude fashion"?

But if they do make this a 1st amendment defense, then I want to say that the right to speak freely is not absolute, that the manner of expression is relevant, that retrospective embellishment cannot transform personal and vindictive statements into opinions of integrity, that personal and vindictive statements are unprotected, and that these people need to be held accountable for making negative, stigmatizing, false statements against the entire transgender community--statements that seriously damage our standing with our families and in our communities, and that these statements served to brand us with a "badge of infamy", involving dishonesty, immorality, and dehumanization. The makers of these statements were motivated by a desire to disintegrate societies' acceptance of transgendered people--making statements that have created a reasonable possibility of adverse harm. Apologize? Sure, but a mere apology is not a satisfactory outcome. I will continue to push for their firing, for sanctions, fines and for advertisers to continue to step up and be corporate citizens and stop sponsoring the hate mongering and the advocacy of child abuse.

Nova

Guest Melanieshaman

Ok, well the "return" show was this morning, i don't if anyone actually listened to it (they stream on the net) They had a lady from a LGBT ally group and a MtF ex military on the show. At first I, of course, thought this was going to be all lip service, but it seemed they meant what they were saying. It was funny though, because it seemed that there guests did the bulk of the talking, they didn't seem to answer as many calls as they did last week when they went off about how they would NOT apologize. Also, time will tell if they truly change there ways. While I don't listen to there show regularly, I may off and on just to see if they keep there word. Which was, they would still offend people (on occasion) but they would not say hurtful things. Alot of what Rob and Arnie said seemed rehersed, and scripted... so we'll see.

Guest nymphblossom

I listened to the entire show. It seemed sincere, but one-sided. I would have liked to see the guests and hosts reply to more uneducated callers. I guess given the bashing we received two weeks ago, it was equal air time.

Blossom

Guest Melanieshaman
I listened to the entire show. It seemed sincere, but one-sided. I would have liked to see the guests and hosts reply to more uneducated callers. I guess given the bashing we received two weeks ago, it was equal air time.

Blossom

Ya i noticed thay didn't take as many calls as they did last week, when they were all "we didn't do anything wrong...first amendment..free speech" Seemed like they were sorry though... for the most part.