• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Love Fall Fashions

Sally Stone

Fall is by far my favorite season.  Here in the northeast it brings cool crisp temperatures, deep blue skies and spectacularly colored vistas.  But the thing I like best about fall are the fashions.  The heavier fabrics tend to lay more gracefully and the autumn hues are pleasing to the eye.  It’s the perfect time to wear boots and sweaters, which are always flattering.  I can wear blazers and jackets, which always lend a more refined look to whatever I choose to pair with them.  The cooler temps also let me wear hosiery more comfortably.  I have always considered stockings makeup for my legs, so as soon as the cooler weather arrives, I add them back into my wardrobe for a more polished look. 

So, as autumn arrives, I’m excited at the prospect of being able to wear my favorite fashions. 

Fall Outfit.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

I could wear that skirt!

Fall (autumn) for me is the time between bare legged summer and fleecy tights winter when I wear normal tights, and have to keep an eye on them for holes lol. It tends to be very variable but here winter is not usually that much colder than some fall days, for the most part, so it can be tricky to select the right clothes. That is fairly usual with UK weather altogether. This year I am buying little as I am not going out much for obvious reasons.

Tracy

PSL, Sweaters and boots, what's not to love? I did some retail therapy this week, waiting for my haul of 2 plaid shirts, a long sleeve tee, a sweater and pink plaid flannel pj bottoms to arrive now. It's the start to the fall/winter wardrobe build.

On 9/3/2020 at 9:04 AM, KayC said:

Love that jacket❣️

Me too!

I like that jacket! I’m really excited for fall outfits. I’m thinking it’s going to be leggings all fall and winter I cannot get enough of them. I would like to find a cute jacket come winter.

I love skirts. I only have one, but it's one of my most cherished and beloved pieces of clothing ever. The closest thing I have to leggings is one male's Under Armour bottom which I used to love wearing, but I gained too much weight since then and haven't lost enough yet to get back into it :(

I wished I had that complete outfit right now.

I love it!!!! 

Very stylish.   ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Katherine

• Admin

I agree with you, Sally.  Fall & winter are my favorite seasons for clothes, but here in the southwest it isn't cold for very long, usually.  I have a couple of sweater dresses, along with many, many sweaters.  One of my favorites is a duster, and another is a car coat.  I can't wear boots any longer b/c of my feet, but they've always been my favorites.  I have a few long skirts, too. 

Happy shopping, everyone!

Carolyn Marie

I've been starting to like fall and the fashions more and more over the last few years.  I have seen so many cute outfits but the one that sticks in my mind is a pair of Uggs, leggings and an oversized sweatshirt. Something about it. Maybe it's the simplicity or the "every girl" look, I don't know. There's just something I love about it.

I really want to get a skirt or two but I just can't decide. I'm drawn to mini and over the knee length ones when I should probably be looking at midis and maxis.

I do, at least, have a sweater dress I crocheted last year. Now that I have some semblance of a female body I can start wearing it.

A sweater dress would be cute. I’ve been drawn to cardigans so far. I have gotten 3 already. I’m pretty much hooked on leggings. I just wish I had the boots to go with them.

Liz,

You don't have to feel obligated to wear a midi or maxi skirt.  Maybe a real short mini isn't so appropriate, but I still wear fashionable above the knee skirts to satisfy my adventurous nature.  Pair a just above the knee hem skirt or dress with a pair of high-heels and you are rocking!