• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Amazing Wig Value

Sally Stone

Sally Stone

Let me start by saying that the best way to buy a wig continues to be in person, at a salon.  Be forewarned, you'll most likely pay top dollar, since salons generally. mostly, stock higher end wigs.  If you are a savvy shopper and know a couple of things about making a wig take on your own style, however, there are still some amazing bargains available from the internet.  Take this past week, for instance.  I found an amazing wig on Amazon for only $24 US dollars.  I'm not naive, so I ordered said wig not really expecting much, even though the online photos looked quite promising.  In fact, the attached photos are directly from the website.  For the price, I figured purchasing it was relatively low-risk.   

When the wig came the next day and I took it out of the package, I was completely blown away by its quality.  The synthetic fibers are thick and lush, while overall workmanship appears very high.  I have paid well over $100 dollars for name brand wigs that weren't this nice looking and feeling.

The thing about ordering a wig is that they are generally packed tightly right after being tied, so when you first remove them from their package, they are usually kind of flat without any body.  Consequently, if you put it on immediately, without working a little body and fluff into the fibers, the wig isn't going to show its potential.  So, I shook out the fibers by holding the wig upside down, fluffed the fibers around the part with a large-tooth comb and then I used the palm of my hand (gentle heat) to wake up the bangs.  If you don't do this first, the bangs will just lay across the face listlessly.  And remember, synthetic wigs don't respond well to heated appliances-it is very easy to melt the fibers, permanently damaging them. 

With just a little prep, I got my wig to look almost exactly like the wigs in the attached photos, again, for only $24 dollars.  I'll be wearing this one tomorrow, and if I can keep my face from breaking the camera lens, I'll take a couple of photos.

Wig Buy Mix Color 3.JPG

Wig Buy1 Mix Color 3.JPG

Looks great, @Sally Stone!  I love that styling and color.  I am sure you will look beautiful with this on!

@Caramason1971 we were just talking about wigs.  Check this out❣️

Sally can you share the brand? 

• Forum Moderator

Love those caramel highlights. Great style and length too.❤️

Sally Stone

Kay,

The brand is "Wig Buy."  I believe these are made in Japan.  

2 hours ago, Sally Stone said:

The brand is "Wig Buy."  I believe these are made in Japan.

Thank you, Sally❣️

Sally Stone

So, as promised,  here is  picture of me with the new wig.

Sally WB (1).jpeg

• Root Admin
Carolyn Marie

That's very nice, Sally.  :goodjob:

Carolyn Marie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 87 Guests (See full list)

• Heathick
    • KymmieL
    • Kylie
    • michelle_kitten
    • Jandi
    • Bobbie Scott
    • RunValRun
    • Cyndee
    • shelly_koleva83
    • QuestioningAmber
    • K.S.S
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Lonewolf
    Newest Member
    Lonewolf

1. ghost
      ghost
      (57 years old)
    2. Julia Marie
      Julia Marie
      (29 years old)
    3. juliasvw
      juliasvw
      (49 years old)
    • Cyndee
      The long and winding road   HUGS   C
    •  Kylie
      Great news @Emily michelle! Hope the increase of E and addition of progesterone give you results!    I am up recovering from the horror from my first GYN appointment yesterday. I love the GYN but hated everything else. Hopefully I heal from that both physically and emotionally!    Hope everyone has a great day!
    • Shay
      Right before electrolysis and therapist appointments my wife said we had to talk. We did and it was a tearful and long discussion but I'm  glad she did. Had I not been on HRT I would have fallen apart but I was loving "in the moment" and gave my complete attention to her concerns.    It drained her and me ... We talked through the electrolysis and I called in to apologize and rescheduled but I did make my appointment with my Therapist and it was a very good meeting.   I am not good with expressing my emotions and she gave me home work to help and she gave wonderful advice to discuss with my wife and welcomed her at any session or alone but felt she isn't ready yet and that we two have more groundwork to do.   I'm lucky. I have a wonderful wife and friends here who understand and co feel so good to finally have a therapist I feel really good about.   I am still drained but hopeful and optomistic
    • Shay
      @MargieK I think you let it come organically and I hope you have built trust in your child to be able to talk openly about feeling. When the topic comes but be supportive if the topic doesn't come up perhaps when stories about transgender come up on tv or news or social media make sure you mention that you understand their issue and are empathetic and build confidence in your child you want to listen.
    • ElizabethStar
      Obviously, I can't tell you how to do it, it's different for everyone and you have to do what feels right.   I can tell you what I did. At work I started by, as silly as it sounds, wearing scrunchies in my hair instead of the regular ties. The color quickly evolved from black to more fem colors. While everyone was distracted by the pink scrunchie in my hair I changed over to flare-leg jeans. Then I started wearing different tops. I did a lot of misdirection over a year. There were a couple things said but I don't think anyone really knew what was happening until I "accidentally" outed myself to the owner. I had somewhere to go after work one day and changed into more suitable clothes before I left.   Outside of work happened a lot quicker. I have a friend that I would go shopping with so I would just dress how I felt. She would help with the little social ques that cis-women already know and I was oblivious to.   The thing is, I don't want to have to bring it up in a conversation and I don't see a reason to. There are people close to me that I just outright told. Other friends that approached  me with fear in there eyes wanting to ask but didn't know how. I voluntarily told them but I've never wanted to or had a reason to bring it up in a conversation.  
    • Shay
      @Heathick I am so happy you were able to tell your psych. That is a tremendous and exceedingly hard thing to do. It should get easier for you to talk about things and as time goes by it will get easier. 
    • KathyLauren
      I love it!  Well done, Heather! 
    • Emily michelle
      Congrats Robin! I’m on my 2nd treatment of laser on my face.
    • Petra Jane
      Oh yea, that's working now. Immediately got two spam requests!   One requesting money and the other pure spam!
    • Petra Jane
      That is so weird! Thank you @Rowan. for letting us know about this. I was wondering why there was not the usual influx of junk filling up my inbox of late! Somehow, the form that the contact page used has disappeared!   I've made a simply straightforward one to replace it and will see if I can figure out how to replace the multi-function form that allowed you to choose a subject which then asked some more specific questions depending on the subject. But for now, there is a contact us form back on.
    • Brianna1
      So I am about to come out of closet soon. Have wardrobe and makeup done fairly well. So my question is how do I start telling people I am transgender? M to f. I am 54 years old. Just working on voice now to be able to pass. But to break the ice how do I bring it up in conversation??
    • Robin.C
      Omergerd ... I've got an appointment for electrolysis. Happy dance. I just needed to tell someone 😁 She's super busy this time of year here what with Spring and Summer heading our way over here, so I have to wait 2 weeks; it will fly past I'm sure. Only facial hair to start with and see how I cope. Yippee   Oh and for those following along at home, the home IPL does stuff all for my facial hair but seems to be reducing the foot and hand hair. Becoming less of a Hobbit every day ... hee hee   🤗 Robin
    • Abi
      If you can't vent your problems to your friends, then you need better friends. I'm just sad you are going through all of this. I have to say one thing though. It seems very out of the ordinary to be married and not transparent about who makes however much money. This would be concerning to me. I could care less about who makes the most or how even the split of bills seems but, there is no way I would accept not knowing anything. It may be normal to some people but I think any blurred lines are unhealthy with regards to a spouse. It's really none of my business so, I hope I'm not out of line. This sounds to me like you're being treated like your not an equal. Hiding income from a significant other does not sound like a health relationship. I remember I used to have to hide money to pay bills. I literally hid money for a year to buy my ex a car because, if there was money in the account, it was needing spent. It's not going to help a strained relationship. I hope things start turning around for you.    Abi
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://in.reuters.com/article/britain-lgbt-transgender/lgbt-advocates-dismayed-as-uk-govt-scraps-key-transgender-rights-reform-idINL5N2GJ2D1     Carolyn Marie
    • Heathick
      I love skirts. I only have one, but it's one of my most cherished and beloved pieces of clothing ever. The closest thing I have to leggings is one male's Under Armour bottom which I used to love wearing, but I gained too much weight since then and haven't lost enough yet to get back into it
  • Upcoming Events