• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Amazing Wig Value

Sally Stone

Sally Stone

Let me start by saying that the best way to buy a wig continues to be in person, at a salon.  Be forewarned, you'll most likely pay top dollar, since salons generally. mostly, stock higher end wigs.  If you are a savvy shopper and know a couple of things about making a wig take on your own style, however, there are still some amazing bargains available from the internet.  Take this past week, for instance.  I found an amazing wig on Amazon for only $24 US dollars.  I'm not naive, so I ordered said wig not really expecting much, even though the online photos looked quite promising.  In fact, the attached photos are directly from the website.  For the price, I figured purchasing it was relatively low-risk.   

When the wig came the next day and I took it out of the package, I was completely blown away by its quality.  The synthetic fibers are thick and lush, while overall workmanship appears very high.  I have paid well over $100 dollars for name brand wigs that weren't this nice looking and feeling.

The thing about ordering a wig is that they are generally packed tightly right after being tied, so when you first remove them from their package, they are usually kind of flat without any body.  Consequently, if you put it on immediately, without working a little body and fluff into the fibers, the wig isn't going to show its potential.  So, I shook out the fibers by holding the wig upside down, fluffed the fibers around the part with a large-tooth comb and then I used the palm of my hand (gentle heat) to wake up the bangs.  If you don't do this first, the bangs will just lay across the face listlessly.  And remember, synthetic wigs don't respond well to heated appliances-it is very easy to melt the fibers, permanently damaging them. 

With just a little prep, I got my wig to look almost exactly like the wigs in the attached photos, again, for only $24 dollars.  I'll be wearing this one tomorrow, and if I can keep my face from breaking the camera lens, I'll take a couple of photos.

Wig Buy Mix Color 3.JPG

Wig Buy1 Mix Color 3.JPG

Looks great, @Sally Stone!  I love that styling and color.  I am sure you will look beautiful with this on!

@Caramason1971 we were just talking about wigs.  Check this out❣️

Sally can you share the brand? 

• Forum Moderator

Love those caramel highlights. Great style and length too.❤️

Sally Stone

Kay,

The brand is "Wig Buy."  I believe these are made in Japan.  

2 hours ago, Sally Stone said:

The brand is "Wig Buy."  I believe these are made in Japan.

Thank you, Sally❣️

Sally Stone

So, as promised,  here is  picture of me with the new wig.

Sally WB (1).jpeg

• Admin
Carolyn Marie

That's very nice, Sally.  :goodjob:

Carolyn Marie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 73 Guests (See full list)

• Dana Michelle
    • Astrid
    • Ann W
    • Becoming Jordan
    • Katharina
    • Teejay
    • Confused1
    • Heather Nicole
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

KittyRae
    Newest Member
    KittyRae

No users celebrating today
    • Dana Michelle
      Is that 15 to 20 hours per month, for the next 8 to 10 months? A total of 15 to 20 hours is very low. I've heard the average transwoman takes 200 to 300 hours of electrolysis to completely remove the beard. I've had 215 hours so far. My cheeks are mostly finished but chin and upper lip still need a lot more work.
    • Heather Nicole
      OMG, Love the cute boots!!! And the outfit!   And girl, I'm envious of those legs! Mine are like tree trunks!
    • Heather Nicole
      Hee hee, I love "Omergerd"!!     As a US-ican, I can confirm that I have Ibuprofen in my cupboard, but have never heard of "Savlon". (BTW, heading into spring and summer now? Lucky!!)   Happy for your happy dance!  
    • Heather Nicole
      Hi Aurora! Nice name!   You sound similar to me! Although I haven't started transitioning (don't believe my profile pic, it's a lie) and I'll only start gender counseling monday, I'm another 6' footer (without shoes), and I'll be 39 in December. And yes, as much as I may miss them, the 80's/90's didn't have the most awareness of this, and I too regret that fact and envy the present-day trans youth. Maybe in next life!   Glad to meet you!
    • Heather Nicole
      Those are cute. Although I can't quite decide which is cuter, the shoes, or the young model's impeccable legs! 😄   With all due respect to his holyness, Tan France, I'm not sure how much I buy into "age-appropriateness" in fashion. I mean, yea, there are times and places for certain things, and not everything works in every situation. But if something really speaks to someone, isn't denying it kind of similar to denying one's gender identity? Maybe one's "age identity"! Heck, my toenail wraps right now are super-juvenile, candy-pink with a daisy and a heart, but I love them! (Although, true, I'm not currently showing them in public.)   I'm reminded of this commercial:   Or maybe it's all just the shopaholic in me speaking  
    • Erica Gabriel
      Our sister, English actress Rebecca Root, has a nice role in this series. Much love to her.
    • Shay
      @JustineM beautiful 
    • Emily michelle
      Welcome Breanna I also feared the insurance company. When I called them originally they said no transgender coverage. I went to my endocrinologist and met with her and they were able to push it through. I have been on hrt for 6 months and have had a mammogram and insurance has covered everything including the majority of my prescriptions. When or if you decide on hrt talk with your endocrinologist. Working in a male dominated field is hard. I’m not out to my union and employer yet. Eventually I will get there hiding is proving harder than coming out.
    • Aurora
      Thank You both.  I am on the Trans pulse discord and just love it there.
    • RunValRun
      Completely understand the "work in progress" part. Websites in general, and forums in particular, are ever evolving 😃   The funny thing was, when I first opened it on my phone, I thought something went horribly wrong with the screen until I figured it out 🤪
    • 2beBreanna
      Thanks for the reassurance Jani.    That is my hopes, I would hope the meds wont be much of an issue.  Its just hard hearing that when you finally open to the idea of pursuing this when there is a strong chance of it completely changing life.   I think I have other avenues to take to get the one surgery I want/need.  it will just take time and lots of appointments complaining about issues i have mostly ignored after being told its no big deal.
    • RunValRun
      THAT is what matters 😃🤩
    • Jani
      You will get swelling for a while until the hair gets more slender and your face aclimates.  I used to get quite red with swelling but it stopped after a year or so.  Hang in there and it will be gone in due time.   Cheers, Jani
    • Jani
      Welcome Breanna!  I hope your journey with your wife goes smoothly.  As to insurance, I think that is a common response.  I'm retired but I don't believe my employer covered any TG services.  My current insurance doesn't provide coverage either.  After starting therapy, you may find HRT to be reasonable in cost.     Please join in the conversation. Jani
    • Jani
      Welcome back Aurora!  I'm glad to see you've rejoined us.  Being able to post when we're down and get response is certain a benefit of the site.  Lots of caring people here!  I look forward to seeing you around!  Cheers,  Jani
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.