• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Protest Thread

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

well either I’m early or everyone else must be having a Labor Day hangover.  Not necessarily alcohol induced could be too tired.  

So, I’m sitting here thinking about how ridiculous the two main political parties have become. The mayor of Portland blamed Trump and the Republicans for his troubles because they were defending government property from his rioters.  Never mind that he has allow them to clash in Portland for several years.  They come near his home and all of a sudden he disappears and the police start trying to stop them.

Biden blames Trump for the unrest but suddenly changes his tune.  Trump blames everything on Pelosi and the Dems and continues to suggest Biden is to old and infirm.  

Trump claims to be a friend of transgenders but tries to take away our right to medical care or to serve our country even though a lot of us already did.  The military didn’t suffer for it  any more than it does having mixed races, or women.  Two things previously thought to be problematic.  Time to stop the divisiveness and come together for everyone’s good.

I’m voting Green Party this year as a statement vote.  They support our community, are moderates and if we could get enough of them in office around the country we could probably fix what’s wrong.

Time to come down from my podium.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  I’m just tired of the finger pointing and lack of progress.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Well up early for darn reason. just wanted to I guess. Well the white crap is falling sideways about normal for WY.  Started about 4 or so.

Like I said, this girl ain't going out today.

Only thing I'll say about the problems is protesting is fine in my book. But when it starts getting violent, That is another story.

Kymmie

20 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Only thing I'll say about the problems is protesting is fine in my book. But when it starts getting violent, That is another story.

Kymmie

I don't endorse it either but historically for people of color, peaceful protests never did anything.  Civil rights in the 60s was stalled until riots started happening.  People/things don't change unless there is a painful stimulus.

• Forum Moderator

Bri, Yeah, you are correct. Somethings may have never changed if it weren't for open acts of violence. American history is actually full of them.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Hi, First, I was 19 years old In college and yes, I will say that people rioted in 1968. The riots were over the death of MLK.  MLK didn’t call for riots he spoke about inclusion and peaceful demonstrations.  I HAVE A DREAM was all about inclusion not fighting.  In the larger cities that I am familiar with, Toledo, Detroit and Washington DC, the odd thing was in those cities the rioters burned the parts of the cities where they lived and shopped.  Many of the businesses Burned were black owned.  

who made the most difference, MLK or the riots?  I contend it was MLK.  

I have no issues with peaceful protest. That is what eventually started the Revolutionary War began, peaceful protest with escalation by the British.  

I know the protesters are angry over police killing men who didn’t deserve that.  But the Portland riots have gone on over three months with riots which begin at night after the legitimate protesters have gone home, and none of the mistreated people were from Portland.  These riots have little or nothing to do with police treatment of anyone in Portland.

but this wasn’t really my point in the first post.

Edited by Jackie C.
Moved for the same reason as the last one.
  • Forum Moderator

Where all of the protest talk I've culled from "Good Morning, Coffee's on Me" ends up. As the political season heats up, please remember rule #15 and keep all political and religious topics in the correct forums. Thank you.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 139 Guests (See full list)

• Mmindy
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • phys
    • Charlize
    • KymmieL
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Chaidoesart
    Newest Member
    Chaidoesart

1. **Angela Charlotte **
      **Angela Charlotte **
    2. Carlie
      Carlie
      (63 years old)
    3. Cbxshawn
      Cbxshawn
      (49 years old)
    4. HannahO
      HannahO
      (31 years old)
    5. JustKatie
      JustKatie
      (40 years old)
    • Mmindy
      Good morning all,    It’s a frosty morning here the lawn looks silvery, and the uncovered spring flowers have icy edges on their leaves. The only flower bed I covered was my tulips. As nice as it is here during the day, our clear wind free nights allow the temperatures to drop into the mid twenties. Here in our growing zone it’s recommended that you not plant delicate plants until Mother’s Day. Central Indiana can have snow as late as the third week of May. The birds are active at the feeders, I’ve had my cup of yoghurt and morning meds. So I’ll sit here, drink coffee and watch the as the sunrise chases the frost from the yard.    @awkward-yet-sweet I could eat black eyed peas as a side for every meal. Boil them plain or with fatback. Served as a leftover, just add in a little Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.  Make the best of your day,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
    • Mirrabooka
      I hope y'all look at this one. A catchy tune released at the end of Covid lockdown. Scarlett is so cute!!!     
    • Heather Shay
    • Mirrabooka
    • Mirrabooka
      Had a weird dream last night.
    • Mirrabooka
      Morning, y'all. Evening here; we had the regulation three mugs full today. Now it's time to drink something else.     No big plans here either, eldest daughter and granddaughter will be arriving on Saturday, and we will have our granddaughter to ourselves for a week after that. We still have plans though. Tuesday we'll go to the swim center, Wednesday we'll take a road trip to visit my mom, Thursday we'll get some mulch delivered to top up the gardens.   I still make other small plans on a daily basis though. The things I do plan nowadays, which is a bit new for me, is that after pinching a nerve and ending up in a bit of pain and getting some treatment from the physio, I am more motivated than ever to exercise more regularly. Tuesday for example, I went for a short (15 minute) early morning walk, went to the pool for some hydrotherapy, and mowed the lawns. Yesterday I did my exercise reps and spent some time on the exercise bike. Today, I went for a 45-minute walk, tomorrow I will do my reps again and go for a long bike ride. As long as I do at least one thing every day, right? The pleasing thing is that I'm losing weight! I blew out to above 95kg early in the year and I'm just under 91kg now. Yay me!
    • Heather Shay
      What one piece of advice would you give to beginning transitioners or considering transition?
    • Heather Shay
      Positive side of the mixed bag.
    • Heather Shay
      Boredom is an emotional state that comes when a person has nothing to do, and is not interested in anything. To stop boredom, most people do something to occupy or amuse themselves. The first known use of the word boredom is in the novel Bleak House by Charles Dickens, written in 1852, but the saying to be a bore had been used to mean "to be tiresome or dull" since 1768. When referring to the mind, boredom is a bad state in which the person feels a deep lack of interest in what is going on around them, and where it is hard to focus.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Mirrabooka
      ^ Your story gives inspiration to others.
    • April Marie
      Growing stronger and confident every day.
    • April Marie
      So, yesterday's epiphany was that girl jeans fit me much nicer than boy jeans. Well, duh! So this girl is switching over to wearing girl jeans pretty much full time. I'll keep my others for work jeans. We went out to dinner last evening and I was in androgynous mode...wearing a pair of Bandolino Amy straight leg denim pants. Score!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.