• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Starting HRT soon.

HollyElizabeth

I can't believe this, I never really thought it would happen. I had my doubts, like the endocrinologist will decide I wasn't a good candidate for HRT, or my therapist wouldn't write me the letter because she would think I was faking being trans, or my GP wouldn't let me continue because he thought I wasn't healthy enough. Yeah I had all those doubts smashing around in my head, but as time went on, each of those doubts died. Today my endocrinologist said yes to HRT. OMG!!! I'm going to officially going to start down the road to full womanhood. I'm so happy, I've been waiting 51 years to finally be who I'm supposed to be. Anyone old enough to remember the show That Girl? well after today I feel like they are talking about me.

Congratulations, Holly!  Now the journey gets really interesting! ??‍?  We'll all be cheering and supporting you!

Astrid

• Forum Moderator

Congrats @HollyNoel. Good news seems to follow you. Buckle down and get ready for the ride of your life!

Susan R?

Congrats Holly. I had a lot of the same fears when I started. I agree with Susan, You're in for a ride. It just takes a little while to get it started.

• Forum Moderator

Congrats. You are in for a wonderful yet a little bumpy ride that is well worth it 

Hugs

OMG, I love you girls. You are all so supportive. I'm so glad I joined this community. Oh, I did the hormone blood test today and it turns out I already have low testosterone for a normal male and really high estrogen for a male. I showed mom the results and when she read them her attitude toward me being trans kind of changed. I think she finally realizes that I have to do this because I'm actually closer to being female than being male. I can't wait to start taking the full doses of estrogen and spirolacktone testosterone blocker. I'm thinking that the changes just might be quick since I already have high estrogen and low testerosterone. 

I had similar hormone levels, don't know if estrogen was really high, but it was above the range that's typical. Testosterone was low but in the typical range. 

Since we're starting around the same time I guess we can be anecdotal evidence for how it plays out. 

RhondaS, yeah we CA be hormone sisters. I'm kinda glad to have someone that starting HRT at the same time as I am. Just to know that you and I have this in common..

Thank you SaraAW.

Hugs Holly Elizabeth.