• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Very concerned

HollyElizabeth

So today my therapist had to cancel our in person meeting got the next 2 weeks. Turns out she's been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with covid 19 and didn't want to give it to her patients in case she has it. I'm really concerned for her. I hope she is clean, I'm also just a little sad that I don't get to see her for atleast 14 days while her test comes back. This is going to be a really long 2 weeks.. LOL

• Forum Moderator

Keep thinking good thoughts. Just remember that there are very many people who have been in contact with covid and may not even realise it, or even had it. The best therapy is to be optomistic, both for youself and her.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

Yikes. I know that if my therapist were suffering, that would be hard. I hope she is either spared or at least is one of the lucky ones that clear the virus with a mild or no reaction.

Hugs!

Holly, I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to find a therapist to begin with then to be to told they won't be available for two weeks. This little girl would lose her mind.

• Forum Moderator

Hang in there. Think good thoughts and keep busy. Being busy keeps me from wandering too much where I don't want to go. You have and your therapist have a bunch of prayers coning and from those who don't pray ...  Good thoughts and virtual hugs.

Thank you girls. I'm hoping everything will be ok for her. I am holding faith that she will be ok. On the upside, I started HRT today. My endocrinologist gave me {some} Estradiol a day. I took my first dose a little bit ago. I can't wait until I start seeing/feeling results. And I cant wait to get my testosterone blockers to enhance the changes. The doctor wants to let me take the estrogen and see if I have issues, and then he wants to give me the testosterone blockers. He wants to do this in steps to makes sure if anything goes wrong he will know where the fault lies. I just hope I get the med's that help with breast growth. lol.  I've been waiting my entire life for this moment. I'm going to claim that this is my unofficial birthday. The day I was born into the right body.

Edited by Jackie C.
Dosages listed
  • Forum Moderator

I found my endo to be very cautious. That's probably a good thing. Take it in steps. Everybody responds just a little differently to HRT.

Otherwise, so very happy for you! Buckle up and enjoy the ride sweetie!

Hugs!

Thank you Jackie C. I'm glad my endocrinologist wants to do this in steps, but I really want to be on the step where I've been on hormones for over a year. lol. I want to see the changes that's coming, I can't wait. It's going to be like Christmas all year round. lol.

• Forum Moderator

join the club. I'm starting week 11 and wish week 52 would get here - but there is a reason to be cautious - I go for my 3 month check up soon and have felt much better on HRT although outward signs are pretty slim thus far.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, HollyNoel said:

On the upside, I started HRT today.

Excellent, you're on your way and it's a wonderful feeling, a day you'll remember....

Hugs

C

4 hours ago, Shay said:

although outward signs are pretty slim thus far.

I know you didn't start HRT too long ago but changes are happening. One of the things I've realized is that I don't perceive all the changes that have occurred. They happen slowly and I see myself in the mirror several times over the course of a day so I don't readily see the changes. I assure you others will.

I just can't wait to see any changes, even the small changes will be welcome. I'm just glad to have started HRT to be honest. I tolf mom I was starting hormones and that from what I've read, I will be going into a puberty like state where I might get emotional. Mom said I better not get bitchy and argue with everyone. lol

I cant believe she used the PMS thing where women get mean  at their time of the month. Thanks mom for being understanding of what your daughter is going to go through.. lol

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, HollyNoel said:

I tolf mom I was starting hormones and that from what I've read, I will be going into a puberty like state where I might get emotional. Mom said I better not get bitchy and argue with everyone.

Well it wasn't that bad for me. I think that because we're braced for impact, it doesn't hit us so hard. Also, we aren't trained to use "PMS" as an excuse to be terrible to people the way cis-women are in the west.

Don't get me wrong, emotions are WAY more intense, but I don't think I've ever crossed the line into "Argumentative Bitch."

Hugs!

Jackie C, that's why I told everyone, I wanted them to know that if I got difficult that there was a good reason. I also apologized in advance for any out of line behavior like crying or other stuff that I've heard could happen. 2nd day on estrogen and I haven't experienced anything but my nipples getting hard randomly. Not sure whats supposed to happen, but that's all. Yes I know it's only been the second day and I have no real idea what I'm expecting to happen, but that's it so far.

Today mom told me that if I start to feel annoyed, I need to just walk away so I don't do anything like start to argue. All I could think is that maybe you mom could just not do or say anything to start a fight in the first place. But what I said was that would be the best thing. I know she doesn't like me transitioning, but there is no reason to be rude. And sometimes she can be an overly rude beach! I love her no matter what, but there are those times that I don't like her very much. lol

It was a couple of months before I noticed anything. The changes are really slow, but steady. As much as I would like them to go quicker, I think I would be overwhelmed if everything happened overnight.

• Admin

The WPATH Standards Of Care #7 say that changes take 3 to 6 months to get started in just about every way, and then will be with you for 3 to 6 years to reach maximum development.  For me 11 years ago, the big thing was just the act of taking the meds but it seemed to take forever. 

I know, Nothing is easy any nothing happens over night no matter how much you want it too. For me the changes are happening so slow, it's been 42 years for any changes to show up. I should have been born a girl lol. One of the changes I'm really looking forward to is the slow growth of hair. I know I have to have my beard hair removed, It would be nice to not have to shave everyday. Maybe having a week between shaving. lol. With the cost of hair removal, I'm looking at waxing. Yes it's painful, but its cheaper also. lol

Though Groupon does seem to have deals sometimes. Oh well, it is what it is. lol

• Admin
3 hours ago, HollyNoel said:

With the cost of hair removal, I'm looking at waxing.

Please DO NOT consider waxing for beard hair.  Professionals will not do it on male beard hair, after 11 years on HRT, my beard hair (which for my own reasons I have not removed by electrolysis) is still not fine enough and the roots shallow enough for waxing.  We have had members in the past try it with OTC products and have injured themselves in ways that took many weeks to recover from, one had to be hospitalized for a day or two under sedation from the pain. 

• Forum Moderator

Facial hair doesn't really go away without laser or electrolysis.  Like Vicky i have done neither.  I'm blessed with a very light complexion and a blond (now white) beard.  Shaving once a day keeps it perfect but even missing a day isn't bad unless the light hits my face on an odd angle.  Perhaps someday i'll be the bearded lady at the old age home.

Fortunately years of HRT have removed almost all body hair which is lovely!

Wax is a big no-no!   

I found that i cried a good bit after a time of HRT but as i am on a daily dosage of E, using a topical application, mood swings are not a problem.  If anything i am less prone to anger.

Hugs,

Charlize 

OMG, yeah I won't do waxing for my beard hair. I don't want complications from beard hair removal. I bought one of those home lazer hair removal things. I used it once because when I used it it burned and made this really loud popping sound with a strong smell of burning hair. Also, I didn't see any difference in the amount of beard hair. Not even sure it worked. I hope it will work, I will save money.

16 hours ago, VickySGV said:

For me 11 years ago, the big thing was just the act of taking the meds but it seemed to take forever.

Yeah, taking that first step to start the process was important to me.   Still have a long way to go.