• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First Full Week Down.

HollyElizabeth

Yeah tomorrow September 28th 2020 will be my first full week on HRT. I'm excited for the first week to be over. I know that It's really not that big of a deal, many of us girls have done it, but it kinda is to me. For me HRT is a huge step, I see it as something I shouldn't take lightly, and I don't. So this first week is a huge deal for me. Soon I will be celebrating my second, third, fourth, and so on, and at each week that passes I will think the same thing, One small step for me, one giant leap for my Womanhood! Like I said, it may not be a big deal for everyone else, but this is one of the biggest life-changing things I've ever done for both my sanity and me physically.

• Admin

It certainly is a big deal, Holly, and you have every reason to be excited about it.  Another few weeks or maybe 2-3 months are you'll start seeing changes, so every week brings you closer to those goals.  Congrats!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Heh heh heh, you kidding me, Holly? :) I made a big deal here out of just asking my psychiatrist for a referral on gender counseling. But you're actually on HRT!!! I mean, sure, it might be an "early" milestone for MtF's, but IT'S A HUGE DEAL!!! You're actually starting genuine female puberty and becoming a real woman!!! That is sooo cool!!! That's not something that ever should, or even could IMO, be diminished by comparison to anyone else. Your womanhood is no longer a mere possibility - it's now becoming your true biology as we speak. I don't care how many transwomen there are - that is AMAZING and wonderful, you have earned it, and you deserve to feel special for it!

Thank You Girls. Today I do feel different, I might not be at this point from a physiological standpoint, but I do feel different. 1week down and the rest of my life to go. lol Thank you girls. Hugs Holly.

@RhondaS I haven't seen any physical changes but I do feel more emotional. I don't know if that's because of the hormones or that I have depression. Wait, I think I noticed my breast got bigger but it's only been a week so far so I think that all in my head. Maybe wishful thinking. I'm itchy on my back more than usual, that might be something. File this under TMI, but I've been trying to get an erection just to measure when they would stop, it's taking longer to get one and it goes away faster. Love that about hormones. Makes it easier to hide that little problem. I really can't wait to have that removed.

I'm finding that I'm becoming more interested in guys. Like I was looking at a photo of shirtless Channing Tatum and wondering what his maleness looked like. I'm finding him so good looking. I guess I'm liking guys now. lol

No real physical changes Rhonda, But my mind is starting to move more to the female side.

I've always been emotional so so far for me it's the same.

I do think the genital effects you mentioned are happening. Have had a couple moments of slight breast irritation/pain. And some easing of a tension of possible dysphoria that was so low key but constant that I had tuned it out until it went away. 

@RhondaS Honey, how are you doing. I've been wondering if you've noticed anything change wise. Right now you are about a week ahead of me so I'm looking toward you so I know whats coming. Anyway I really just wanted to check in with you. TTYL Sweetheart.

Haven’t really noticed anything new, @HollyNoel  

Haven’t had any recurrence of breast sensitivity.  

A couple life events on back to back days and I was able to momentarily not totally dwell on transition for a while, not sure if that would have  been the same a few months ago. 

@RhondaS That's awesome that you've been able to forget and not have it always in your mind upfront. I just wanted to see how you were. I'm thinking of us as HRT sisters, we are at the same stage in our treatment. Though you are probably on testosterone blockers. My doctor just has me on estradiol and I have to wait until I see him on the 16th until he decides whether i get the blockers. I hope the progesterone comes after the blockers. He just wants to make sure  nothing bad happens with each new med he puts me on. All I want is to be on the meds and a year be up so I can schedule my bottom surgery. Having a male member is great and all if you want one, but this girl is tired of all the male bull that comes with that male member. lol

I hope this doesn't sound too stalkerish, but sis, I'm going to always have you in my mind because I feel a HRT connection.

Tomorrow will be week two. lol. When I get to a month, I might buy a 1 month anniversary cake.. lol

On 9/27/2020 at 10:48 PM, HollyNoel said:

For me HRT is a huge step, I see it as something I shouldn't take lightly, and I don't.

It is a big deal.  And not one to be taken lightly.  HRT will eventually lead to permanent changes, a commitment.  In a way it's a point of no return.

On 9/28/2020 at 3:58 AM, RhondaS said:

Have you noticed any effects yet? Even the slightest hint of any?

In my experience physical changes take time, so be patient.  But they will happen.

But then, I was kinda old when I started, and am on fairly low doses.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, HollyNoel said:

Tomorrow will be week two. lol. When I get to a month, I might buy a 1 month anniversary cake.. lol

Be sure to buy the healthy kind of cakes HollyNoel ?. Unless you decide to stop transitioning soon, I have a feeling you’ll buying a lot of cake. ? 

@Susan R I'm going to find a diet friendly cake. After the one month cake I'm going to buy a 6 month cake. And a 1 year cake. I don't want to undo any weight loss I've done.. lol

I have to beware of any type of munchies. I can gain weight really easy.. lol

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Brittney said:

Those munchies are killer! If you like cheesecake, I have a really good "diet" recipe for something that tastes something like it!

I absolutely love cheesecake...enlighten me please! I haven’t had cheesecake since I started transition...I need cheesecake!

Susan R?

Yes, @HollyNoel I'm getting the man hormones blocked. So yes I may be experiencing some shrinkage down there. I am old enough that size and activity had been going down anyway, so hard to know how much different but maybe. 

I have been pretty good over a number of years at reducing how much food I take in and being fine with less but lately I do seem to be hungrier and less patient waiting for the next meal. 

I don't ming being 'stalked', if I didn't want a little attention I wouldn't be posting here and elsewhere. 

Yes, all  I need to finally momentarily move  thoughts of transition a little lower on the list is a loved one to pass away and another to get married...

On 9/28/2020 at 6:25 AM, Heathick said:

Heh heh heh, you kidding me, Holly? :) I made a big deal here out of just asking my psychiatrist for a referral on gender counseling. But you're actually on HRT!!! I mean, sure, it might be an "early" milestone for MtF's, but IT'S A HUGE DEAL!!!

Yep, I one hundred percent agree with this. You know who you are and you are one week into the process of visibly becomng that person for the world. Strut your stuff! ?

@RhondaS I can't wait to get my blockers, I just want to get everything going. I can completely understand why my doctor is being cautious, he just wants to make sure my body does well on the new amounts of hormones. But to me, I just want to get it going so I can finally be where I want to be.  I'm so tired of having to shave I just want to scream, I hope the blockers helps with that issue by slowing down the hair growth.

I'm finding I'm still having a huge appetite for everything, That's another thing I hope the blockers will deal with. I was joking with the stalker t5hing, but I'm glad I didn't land wrong. I really didn't want you to feel scared. I wasn't trying for that, but I'm glad that if I do go crazy you won't mind is I decide to stalk.. lol  JOKE! lol.

23 hours ago, Brittney said:

Those munchies are killer! If you like cheesecake, I have a really good "diet" recipe for something that tastes something like it!

15 hours ago, Susan R said:

I absolutely love cheesecake...enlighten me please! I haven’t had cheesecake since I started transition...I need cheesecake!

Susan R?

Sure thing!

No guilt cheesecake

3 eggs

1 tsp stevia powder

1 package instant sugar free cheesecake pudding mix

3 cups non-fat greek yogurt

1 tsp vanilla

Beat eggs, stevia and vanilla. Add pudding mix and whip for 2 minutes. Turn mixer down and add greek yogurt. Pour into a round 8 inch (I like glass) pan, greased with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

This is a little eggy, BUT, it gives you a healthy alternative for those late night cheesecake cravings. Enjoy sis!