• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Im scared my parents will find out im cutting

Idk what to do i feel to scared to tell them and if i dont tell them it will end up with me killing myself

• Admin

To get the help you really need, you will have to reach out to other people.  Your school counselor is usually who I recommend to start with.  If you are really in danger of doing severe harm to yourself call your doctor's office or go to an Emergency Room or clinic. Your parents are going to have to learn about it in order for you to get the help you need, I am a grandparent, and I have a medical release for my grand kids if it is needed.  I have laid that one down on my son and their mother, and they love their children enough to trust me, and the kids know they can trust me even if what I tell them is not what they want to hear. 

I would suggest taking a step back. I have known many people who cut, and while I was of course scared when they told me and wanted to stop them, more than anything I just wanted them to be ok. I understand why you may cut, and while I wish you wouldn't, I will not tell someone in a desperate situation what they are and aren't allowed to do. Whenever you have concerns, if fact, every time you feel like or have cut, consider coming on here and messaging me, or anyone, personally. We are here to help, all we want is your health.

On a more serious note, cutting is not your best option here. Over time, you will become more desensitized to it, and make them deeper and longer. It is a slippery slope. I would suggest instead, maybe for just a few days, finding some other way to let out that pain. I do not and never will condone self harm, but if you are going to do it, try other methods. Personally, I would put needles in the thick skin on my feet. It didn't actually make me bleed, nor was it painful as I couldn't feel it, but the release I felt was pretty good. Not a long term solution, but it could help you get off cutting for now.

I am here anytime. Just stop in, I don't judge, no matter what you have done I will try to help you. Please...

Thankyou for being so nice I fine myself so thankful that people like you exist. I think I will reconsider or at least no self- harm as much. Thankyou your a great person.

• Forum Moderator

All you can do is your best sweetie. Your best is good enough.

Hugs!

15 hours ago, Rat man said:

if i dont tell them it will end up with me killing myself

I'm probably not one of the best people to take advice from, I also struggle with self harm. My first time trying was in fourth grade, with a piece of plastic that came off my hand-me-down binder. I hurt myself on and off all through school just because I liked feeling pain inflicted. But I got sloppy and when I got caught I tried to blame it on the neighborhood dogs and then I hid in the room I shared with my sister and one by one everyone in my family came in to talk to me. My sister cried and showed me hers and told me never to do it again because she'd kill me if she saw new ones. My father told me there were other ways to get attention, like asking for it and my mother... she just cried and hugged me and asked how she could make me better. 

There will always be people who will not understand, like my father, and there will always be someone who just wants to help you. Even if they are not blood related, you are not alone and you will not be in trouble. Even if they have an angry reaction like my sister, it's just because they didn't realize it sooner and that makes them upset, because "they could've helped." 

If you're looking for a reason to come out about it think about them because they will remember every instance where they thought there might be something wrong and they didn't ask and now they're upset because they didn't. 

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I think I got a little ramble-y at the end there. If you need someone to talk to let me know. 

Warmly,

K

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)

• Petra Jane
    • VickySGV
    • Ithani
    • RunValRun
    • 2beBreanna
    • Ryan
    • KathyLauren
    • DeeDee
    • Elyssia
    • Mmindy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

2beBreanna
    Newest Member
    2beBreanna

1. Amica Rodgers
      Amica Rodgers
      (39 years old)
    2. Dakota16
      Dakota16
    3. Samanthag
      Samanthag
    • Ithani
      Thank you for all your responses! I know that these sorts of things come in waves. This is just a big wave and I will find my way through it.   @Susan R I have a therapist I talk to on Mondays. It is a big help, just sometimes the middle of the week can be tough. She recommended journaling, so I suppose in a way that is what I did above. One of my greatest fears and impediments to journaling has always been a deep seeded fear that it will be read or somehow made public. By posting it here I guess is my way of taking that power away from my fear. I made it public so that can't be taken from me.   Thank you all again!
    • VickySGV
      Here in CA, there could be one other issue that has not been mentioned yet, and that is the BC / BS group is overwhelmed by the COVID-19 situation.  They are a major provider of insurance for the "essential" workers most likely to become COVID victims.  The State and County retirement systems that administer health plans for public employees all offer the BC / BS plans as well as the Public Utilities companies.  At one time I had the Blue Cross medical insurance and although this was 50 years ago, they were slow back then in processing claims which is why I opted for different coverage.  In California, by matter of state law, they must provide for Trans health care, so it is not a matter of SCOTUS or national health care issues.  I have seen our State Insurance commission stats on Trans health care and it is a negligible amount compared to their overall payouts. 
    • Abi
      Trent Shelton is a motivational speaker that was a pro football player. After some very big setbacks, he completely changed his direction and found a new purpose.  https://youtu.be/tTpcs_J6D0s  
    • Abi
      I guess we can't upload videos any longer. That kinda stinks but understandable.
    • KayC
      Hi Christie!  nice to meet you, and Welcome! Well I have about a 6 month head start on you, but you've found the right place to start your journey.  My story of self-discovery and timeline is very similar to yours.  This Forum and everybody here have been so helpful, and their experiences are easy to connect with and learn from. I hope you can find a gender therapist in your region, because I have found that to be the biggest help for me.  In the meantime we are happy to listen and share. Deep breaths ... one step at a time❣️
    • JustineM
      Had a great start to the morning. The coffee, also from Black Rifle, is strong and tasty. Had 5 trucks lined up to pull out of base this morning and we all started blasting “Convoy” by CW McCall. Feeling good and hoping today goes smoothly. 
    • ElizabethStar
      I think they turned out pretty good. I love how simple the design is. 
    • KymmieL
      I agree,Liz you have some talent there.   Willow my son just covered up with blankets.   Well first day off. just going to relax. maybe tomorrow I will head to Cheyenne and hit up Ulta beauty. and see about some makeup. Also today I have a phone interview with the Toyota dealer in Grants pass,OR.  I am not really sure what to do if a position is offered.   Things have been smooth with my wife and son. Do I want to flush 35yrs with my wife. I know that she is hypocritical and I have yet to call her on it.  I may do it Sat when my son goes to poker. I don't want him sticking his nose in.   I almost can anticipate what she is going to say, 'It is not the same.' Oh I think it is. In those cases, it was me accepting her as an alcoholic. and me staying with her. Please let me know if I maybe on the right track.   A balmy 20 degrees on the thermometer, right now. Better than the -17 a couple days ago.   Have a great day guy and girls.   Kymmie
    • KayC
      Hi @Ithani!  Been there ... and still there.  Gender therapy has been a revelation and revolution for me, and is highly recommended for anybody trying to deal with the dysphoria.
    • Ann W
      @Abi I enjoyed that.  Nice to hear Alan Watts again.  
    • Mmindy
      Good morning @Cristie Baumanwelcome to TransPulseForums you are in a friendly location here. Many of us have had the same questions about Gender for most of our lives. I've been on the forums since early Spring and can never adequately express the thanks I need to. Everyone who has engaged with me has been supportive as well as informative.   Hugs,   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • KayC
      Hi @Thomasina @jameijim691and @Jamie L and Welcome.  Love this topic❣️ As you've read, many of us started this way.  For me it was my early teen years.  My mother's pantyhose, bras with socks stuffed in, and her one piece bathing suit.  But the best was my grandmother's classic corsets, garters and stockings.  I loved putting those on in secret when home alone.  This lasted until puberty when I outgrew their sizes ... then again over 30 years later before finally understanding its not just a fetish but part of my gender identity.  I love the way a corset or shapewear will mold my body closer to the femininity that I feel inside.  
    • Mmindy
      Wow! @ElizabethStarthat's cool. How did the Cat Ears headband turn out?   Oh by the way we're transitioning from drought to saturated flooding all in one day today. The coffee is from Black Rifle Coffee Co. and it's HOT, BLACK, and STRONG. I may even brew another pot for the wet afternoon.   Hugs for y'all,   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • KayC
      I am wondering if this was a conscious plan by Blue Cross to delay coverage/services or if they're just not competent.  My assumption is the former. Same as @tracy_j I believe a lot of insurance providers might be dragging their feet for these (and other) types of coverage, just waiting to see if Obamacare is overturned by SCOTUS .. and who wins next week. 
    • Abi
      https://youtu.be/eQW_D7RU6iA
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.