• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Back to School and a Purse

MomTGDaughter

My daughter is going to be boing back to school soon, it will be the first time she will be since she transitioned in April (she started after the schools closed down). i would like to get her a purse, would this be appropriate at this point or should I go slowly? I appreciate various inputs on this. 

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.

I'd ask her for her input. You want to get her a purse that matches her personal style. She's going to want one if she's wearing clothing with typical "girl pockets." Which is to say no pockets at all. Or at least something to carry her stuff in. I'm thinking back to high school and most of the girls had backpacks and kept their purse in their locker, but we didn't have cell phones then.

Hugs!

Most kids have bags of some sorts Mom, although times change, teenagers don't. (Our schools don't allow cash so no real need for purses) I would offer to buy one with her as type and subtelty will depend on age, interests and style. You can't go wrong if she's picked it out whether online or in person. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)

• Susan R
    • rainbowsharl
    • Sydneyblue
    • Katharina
    • Astrid
    • A. Dillon
    • Niamh
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Bit
    Newest Member
    Bit

1. Bethany G
      Bethany G
      (39 years old)
    • Susan R
      I feel for you @Sydneyblue. That hurts and I can empathize with the situation. My oldest daughter said the exact same thing about me to the second oldest daughter. It got back to me and it really stung for awhile. She is  s l o w l y  coming around though. She came over and spent the day with my wife and I and we all had a wonderful time. Things can change if you can stay positive and continue to love her as you do. I think initially some of those who accept me now had a similar initial reaction as my oldest (I know of at least one other for sure) but they now understand what life was like before transitioning and now today and they can see the improvement and happiness in my life. Stick by your g/f in her doubt and indifference...it takes time and good communication. I hope things will get better for you in your relationship soon.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • gina-nicole-t
      I wonder if the same thing will happen to me? Scratches head!
    • Sydneyblue
      The Trans group that was suppose to happen today didn't happen.  I'm not sure what happen i tried email the contact person. I think its because it my only outlet other then here. Why do i need so much support ?   I went over my resume today and fixed some errors i had on it and reposted it. I have alot of time on my hands and i want to get back to work. I think that might give me some goals to start saving for more surgeries. I took a more current pic of me for me Profile pic. I finally felt like i could do that post ffs surgery.    I dont know what to do about my girlfriend. She doesnt like me as a girl/women. She says its weird. It really hurts me. She is all i have right now and with this pandemic you cant really go anywhere and there is nothing to do. Im glad i dont live with her.  We have sex anymore more me. She gets mad at me because we dont anymore.   I just need to reach out today. Hopefully i get feedback 
    • Susan R
      I just got my ballots the other day. Yes. Ballots...plural. Despite talking to several people in Everett headquarters for our county, they still keep sending me one ballot with my birth name and one with my correct name. This nonsense has continued since June 2019 when I officially changed it with the county headquarters. Susan R🌷
    • Sydneyblue
      What do you like to wear ? I like Computer games and such so i have gaming shirts that i like. I think you are over thinking it. i use to hate hearing this from people when they told me to be myself. I didnt know who i was but honestly i did and didnt know it. How do you want to feel ? 
    • HollyNoel
      @RhondaS I loved going topless around the house but now that I'm out as a trans woman  I'm forbidden from not wearing a top. I keep getting told women don't go around topless. I keep insisting that it's 2020 and we woman are at the point where we should be able to go around top and braless now days if a man can. Still no go. I also try the if women can dance topless for tips that I can too. But nope.. Lol
    • rainbowsharl
      So I have always been so confused with how to look androgynous the way that I want to. I'm non-binary/gender fluid. While I'd say that my gender identity has a more male leaning, I also know that my gender expression is more feminine. As such I am constantly trying to figure out how to make that into a look, I can't figure it out. I need something that makes the more feminine side happy at the same time as the more masculine side.    If I could ask a genie to make me look exactly how I want, I'd say long hair with a full beard and romantic edgy clothes. However, I have not been able to find a genie yet and have to look at what is actually possible 🙃. Due to chronic migraines I can't do heavy long hair. I was AFAB and even if I did go on hormone therapy, none of the cis-males in my family can even grow a beard in the first place so its unlikely I would. At least I have my clothes.   With a beard and a flat chest out of reach, still needing to find a masculine element to balance my look, I have tried cutting my hair to a more typical 'man' haircut. However, with no beard and little hair I was almost the exact opposite of how I want to look and I hated it.    I've tried to go the obvious route of looking at how people typically do androgynous looks, but I can only find ones that lean so heavily masculine.    Have any of you had similar experiences? Any chance you've found helpful solutions?    -Rae
    • Shay
      @Jackie C. Thank you... I don't get much response when I open it up to general?topics but?as you say rules am rules.
    • Emily michelle
      Thank you everyone for the kind words. Just bored in this motel room. My wife said she is doing alright. Except word spread like wildfire.
    • KendraML
      Last night was great,met some new girlfriends last night.They are like me,have lived their lives as happy males that enjoy living and dressing as women fulltime.Did get to know me more and went very well.Meet up every Monday night.They are also married with supportive wives.Wife is coming next week with me to meet them and they want to meet her
    • QuestioningAmber
      @Shay I am sure you will find outfits that you will look cute in, it will take time and finding what fits your style
    • Dana Michelle
      I had my first session of genital electrolysis today. Today I had the hair around the base of the penis treated and on Thursday I will have the perineum treated. I actually found the pain much milder than on my face. My electrologist said most clients find genitals more painful. It was difficult to apply the numbing cream (today I put it on both the perineum and penis because I didn't know how much the electrologist could get done during the appointment). On the perineum I can't see where I'm applying it while I'm applying it. I have to go back and forth between applying and looking in a mirror. Also, walking and sitting cause the cream and plastic wrap to move around so I had to reapply it. In another thread I talked about the possibility of getting erect https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/topic/81268-electrolysis-while-erect/ . Unfortunately, I did get fully erect at the beginning of my appointment. However, the electrologist didn't react to it or seem offended. Around the beginning, she told me not to get embarrassed and that she's done this many times before. She probably said this before noticing that I was erect. It was while I was on the table without pants but while she was preparing. The erection was the part I found embarrassing. Hopefully being noticeably embarrassed made my electrologist realize that I didn't want the erection. She also found the diagram unclear. It said to clear a strip 2.5 inches wide starting 1 inch above the anus but didn't say how long of an area to clear. I e-mailed my surgeon and hopefully will get a response in time. It's 3 1/2 hours after the end of the appointment and I still feel numb in part of my genitals. It doesn't last nearly that long on my face. I hope it's not a problem. I have the least feeling in the glans of the penis but didn't put any numbing cream on that area. Strange.  
    • Shay
      @QuestioningAmber glad you look cute in the outfit.   Sadly that's a feeling I will never experience but I sure am glad for you. 👍 thank you for your kind words about my brother. I wasn't that close but mortality is something that hits closer when one losses a sibling.
    • MomTGDaughter
      Hello Margie, how are things going with your daughter. has she started to transition?  As a mother in the same position as you. I am here to support you.  
    • KymmieL
      I don't visit for a day and things happen. @Shay sorry for the loss of your older brother.   @Emily michelleLike everyone else. Hope your wife gets through this soon.     Well as I said earlier, yesterday was my 35th wedding anniversary also the 14th anniversary of my father passing. I think he passed on that day to spite us. everything was nice. We both worked and went for a beautiful dinner. I do believe that my wife may have alzhimers She said something last evening that I knew was totally wrong. Of course, I cannot remember what.   So today the FNG got Chinese delivered. He tosses me a fortune cookie. It is totally correct for me. "A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't"   Hugs, to all.   Kymmie
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.