• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Starting a NEW - what are you listening to today - Use this topic to leave your happy or sad or winning or losing songs that affect you today

Shay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Aidan5

• Cyndee

• Abi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been letting Youtube suggest some music to listen to/watch and just come across this which made me smile so much....

I like it...made me smile to....

This song just popped in my head and won't go away until I list it here

kind of an Aimee Mann morning

https://youtu.be/XgYT7zB3w5M

Just found this one - nostalgia covered from all directions - what a remarkable cover of a remarkable David Bowie classic...

I love playing this song... I did it dressed as Tom at benefit last year.....

pepper 2.png

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.

I'd almost forgotten how much I love Whitney Avalon.

Hugs!

This songs has been hitting me in the feels 

Sad song to match my current unhappy vibes.

Kind of in a weird place right now - I remember my first Pink Floyd concert - Halloween Concert at the University of Toled in 1970 - and I paid $1.25).

This song has my favorite weird title of all time - I used to play this at night and it drove my mom nuts.....😊

@luke_b thanks I had never heard the song - good SONG.....

Don't really feel like typing out the context for why I chose this song 

A. Dillon

Matt Maeson in general, but specifically Hallucinogenics, when I just need to let out an emotion I don't understand...

thank you @Cyndee for reminding me of this song......

• Forum Moderator

I love that tune, the bass really drives it 🙂 

Everything you wanted to know about the song but were afraid to ask 😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Your_Captain_(Closer_to_Home)

I have played the tune in several different bands over the years, those bass lines are like embedded in my consciousness 🙂

How cool is that

• Forum Moderator

Thinking about GFR and that D mode brings me here 🙂 to land we call Uriah Heep, a staple of the era, with their gothic vocals, progressive sounds, big organ, and massive bass lines, this rocks....

We did that song early on as well as......

the very first guitar part I ever figured out - not hard but heard song yesterday and WOW the memories that flooded me

• Forum Moderator

Those last ones are all great!  Wonderful memories too!

All morning this song has been with me and the lyrics all more powerful than ever 

Kyrie by Mr. Mister

https://youtu.be/lIazGLhbxlg

https://youtu.be/MHOEQwwFLEo

Kyrie

Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie
The wind blows hard against this mountain side
Across the sea into my soul
It reaches into where I cannot hide
Setting my feet upon the road
My heart is old, it holds my memories
My body burns a gemlike flame
Somewhere between the soul and soft machine
Is where I find myself again
Kyrie Eleison, down the road that I must travel
Kyrie Eleison, through the darkness of the night
Kyrie Eleison, where I'm going, will you follow?
Kyrie Eleison, on a highway in the light
When I was young I thought of growing old
Of what my life would mean to me
Would I have followed down my chosen road
Or only wished what I could be?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 87 Guests (See full list)

• DeeDee
    • Kiara
    • squish
    • Red_Lauren.
    • Audrey
    • CallMeKeira
    • Jocelyn
    • KayC
    • MaryEllen
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Kristy McClellan
    Newest Member
    Kristy McClellan

1. jeffi
      jeffi
      (72 years old)
    • KayC
      Hi Audrey!  Nice to meet you, and Welcome!  YES!  me too!  I had been crossdressing (at home) and Questioning for several years, and the only good thing to come out of Covid for me was the down time to finally explore my feelings ... Fortunately (after many Google attempts) I found this wonderful Forum which jump-started my journey, got me to seek and start gender therapy ... and allowed me the confidence to accept myself as I truly am. I have other obstacles (work, relationship) that will limit how fast I can go, but the goal is clear now.  Hope to hear more from you and I hope you have the same experience here on the Forum I have had with all these wonderful human beings❣️ Deep breaths ... one step at a time
    • KayC
      Hi Kiara.  For me, going through different levels of dysphoria, questioning, and doubts has been something I have come to understand as just part of the journey.  A painful part, but we have to start somewhere. I cannot and should not give you any specific advice, because its impossible for me to know the intimate details of your life and situation. But, even if you previously had bad therapy experiences, maybe it was just the wrong time in your life and/or the wrong therapists. I just know how much therapy has helped me.  It cannot "solve" all my issues, but it definitely helps me deal with them in a more positive, productive way... and in the process I have learned a LOT more about myself that has little to do with my gender identity.  A good therapist can do that for you. Also, do you have any connections to LGBTQIA+ in your area?  I am sure that would be a great help to be able to connect with others. In the meantime, we are all here on the Forum as a Community to support each other.  So, I am happy you have a secure place to share your feelings.  Wishing you the best❣️
    • CallMeKeira
      Pepsi and green tea, breakfast of champions. I am engaging my brain with some Stellaris. The doggos are happy to see me.   @KymmieL Your patience is inspiring. Waiting out a rough situation until an ideal time takes grace. I know it's not easy, so good on you.   @Heather Nicole Bob Evans is delicious! I actually interviewed at their main restaurant a few months back. No dice, though.   I'm still going about seeking a proper gender therapist, but so far my mom has been my biggest supporter. I'm not sure if she quite understands, but she is unequivocally in my corner no matter what I decide. (Lucky for me, she's also a natural on the sewing machine, and is even willing to fix a strap on one of my dresses. Big shoulders. Oops. 🙄)
    • Willow
      Good morning    For everyone that mad3 personal comments, thank you.   It’s quite windy this morning but the storms we were supposed to get over night missed us.   I as going to go do some work on the boat but I think I’ll put that off unti tomorrow.  No need to be on a sailboat in this wind.  Yes I get the irony of that.  lol   ive got plenty of house work and it’s housekeeping at the boat so no big deal.   enjoy your day everyone.   Willow
    • Petra Jane
      Thank you @Shay for your words, we all know that your comments were made in mistake, just glad you realised quickly and resolved things.
    • KayC
      Love that outfit, @Charlize!  great style! @Mmindy and @Astrid you both look great also!  Mindy that's awesome you can shop with your wife!  and feel free to express yourself at home.  Have FUN❣️
    • Petra Jane
      Topic updated to include an explaination and clarify which email is used to receive donations. For which we thank you for your generosity very much!
    • Heather Nicole
      Oooh, yeah! Just recently, I was getting my car's regular eCheck. My hair is just past shoulder-length and I have brand-new still-healing cubic zircon studs in my earlobes, but, aside from that, I was totally still in my usual public "guy mode" when I stopped into the local eCheck just after getting out of work.   Facemask, sure. Will Riker beard and stubble just under and around that, check. Clothes and everything, basic generic "guy" stuff. My voice (according to "Voice Pitch Analyzer") right at the bottom of the "male" range (drat ). Stature, 6 foot. But the older guy who was working there that day...there were a couple points where I could've sworn he nonchalantly, and respectfully, referred to me as "ma'am". And I never detected the slightest hint of contempt or sarcasm. It was just, a very below-the-radar, super-subtle, easily-overlooked "ma'am". Wasn't even sure he was saying "ma'am" instead of "man" (although the "man" colloquialism did seem a bit modern for him).   I still find myself puzzling over that one, but I do know I certainly didn't have any objection to being "ma'am"'d. I just found it odd and happy in a "just how badly does he need glasses?" kind of a way  
    • Red_Lauren.
      We live in a small area. So its not really surprising. The first time I saw her in march. She asked why I wanted a leg wax, and this was before I came out fully. I told her I was a cd, and she said that's ok. I have a friend who dose it also.    As we have gotten to know eachother over the last seven or so months. She definitely has gotten more comfortable with me, and judging by were she waxes now. Compared to at first. She's gotten a lot more comfortable around my binkni area, and she suggested underarm waxing a few months ago. Then in October. She suggested a back wax, and I told her in the summer. As its colder, and I won't be showing more skin till then.    She really started treating me like a woman in September. When I showed up as fem as I could get, and loved what I was wearing, and complements me every time since.    As for her friend. I have no doubts on she's real. She has talked about her from time to time, and on her Instagram page. She has a picture I believe of her all glamed up.  At first the picture didn't catch my eye. Till i viewed it later, and could tell wasn't a cis woman. She looks good, but had a few things that stood out.    Then as we were wrapping things up the other day. She mentioned shes been talking to "Nichole" about me. I asked who's that, and she said her friend. Then kind went in to more details on how they met, and she wants us to meet some time. I told her to pass my number on to her.        
    • Susan R
      Great resources @VickySGV. This first book mentioned sounds like an especially good read.   Initial reactions can change over time but it sounds like she’s genuinely interested in the topic. I’m a little surprised given her profession she hasn’t met more in our community. It’s optimistic that she has a ‘friend’ who crossdresses though....there’s a good chance she will be an ally. Looks like you have a new place to share experiences regarding your journey every now and again.   Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      Hello @BreM, It’s a pleasure to meet you...welcome! I wish everyone that found this site had this kind of support in place even though you had a rocky start. I feel for you and can relate to not having support early when you were younger and had little understanding of what was wrong. It was a different time back then but this does not excuse the lack of support from your birth parents. I’m glad you’re now flourishing in your new life and family. I think you’ll do great things with allies like that in your corner. I look forward reading more about your continuing journey and learning more about who you are.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      Welcome to our forums, Kellianne, You are not at all too old by a long stretch to transition with great results both physically and emotionally. It’s so much more than all physical changes that can make your life better. The most important thing is your happiness. Many who are looking for the physical changes prior to transition find this out in time. We have so many threads here expounding on the pleasures of becoming true to yourself at all ages. It’s difficult but it helps to keep an open and positive mind going into it and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with your overall progress.   I will add that for me it was one of the best decisions that I’ve ever made for myself. I can’t imagine where I’d be right now if I was still living my old persona.    Here’s to your upcoming journey😊, Susan R🌷
    • VickySGV
      Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Trans, But Were Afraid To Ask, by Brynn Tannehill  is a pretty recent book that is super complete, but Brynn whom I do know IRL is a bit of a science geek and the book goes that way, but it is complete.  True Selves by Dr. MIldred Brown is a bit older, but a good read as well.  If you bring those up on Amazon, there will be several other books along with these that are probably worth it.  She's Not There is the autobiography of English Professor and Editorialist Jennifer Finney Boylan which tells a story of self realization and adventure.  There is a lot of good stuff out there.
    • Red_Lauren.
      I came out to my waxing lady about me getting on hormones the other day. she didn't really know what I was talking about, as we really never went in to trans related chats, and being truthful here. I don't think she's ever delt with a trans person. So she thought I was going on male hormones. I corrected her, and said hormones to give me a female body. Even then she really didn't fully understand. I kind of told her it was like when she was going through puberty, and she said sign me up. I laughed because she is all ready gifted in both areas. i told her it wont work on you, as you are all ready making the hormones. She seemed bummed, and intrigued by what's going to happen to me.      She is very welcoming, and open. She has a friend who crossdresses, but I'm her first trans person. I don't think she needs to know every thing, but a little education couldn't help. Just so she could understand me more. Im just not sure how to go about it. Any ideas ladies. 
    • Susan R
      Kylie, I had a question about hypergranulation. Some of my girlfriends have had some of these issues after their surgeries. They both went in to have these areas treated by their surgeon. As far as I can tell, many post-op women see this issue to some degree or another shortly afterward. What is the determining factor that makes one get this looked at...the size/area or the pain level? I am hoping my PCP which is only a 30 min drive will be able to help out with treating these areas if I run into issue. My surgeon 320 miles away. 🤨   Good for you, girl! Some of the BEST things in life are worth waiting for, Kylie. 😉   Thanks for the uplifting update...I’m happy to see that things are really coming together for you.   My Best, Susan R🌷  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.