• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Font Size

Timber Wolf

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

My eyes are not that good anymore, and it's really hard for me to read these small words. I just found how to change the size I type. But is there any way to change the font size of the posts I read?

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

• Admin

I have to use my Browser's settings up to 125%+ to get it to where I can read it, that is my only suggestion.  Some of the edit functions on the top line, such as font size get pushed out of the picture though. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Petra Jane said:

A quick way to resize is to use CTRL & + keys

Tried it, and it works, be go to heck.  Took my browser to 150% from 125%

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, VickySGV said:

Tried it, and it works, be go to heck.  Took my browser to 150% from 125%

And of course, CTRL & - (minus) keys work just as well to reduce the font sizes.

• Root Admin

Okay, this has taken quite a bit of tweaking as Invision does not offer this option as standard, and I've not actually found it in their "marketplace" where modders offer their add ons for the forums.

If you look at the Nav Bar at the top of ach page, just below the Trans Pulse Logo, you should see a pair of "A's", click on the left hand one fontminus.jpg to reduce the font size, and right hand one fontplus.jpgto increase the font size.

If is set to only go up or down two steps, any more and the layout of the forums is ruined. If you have used font sizes in your post, then this will not change. It only affects "normal" text and is restricted to the posts and the widgets on the right hand size, not your details on the left of a post. Hope you like and find it useful.

• Admin

It is taking me a bit of juggling between my browser size percentage and what the buttons do, but that is just my old eyes in a way but I think it will be helpful in the long run.  Good job, I would have no idea how to pull it off this well.  I can see all the options on the composition box here, which gets goofed up if I go up another notch on my browser control.

The "A+/A-" buttons and the "Ctrl +/ Ctrl -" keyboard methods work great on my desktop, but

the only way I could do anything similar on my Android 10 smartphone is to go to Desktop Mode

when viewing the site in Chrome, for example, and use the "A+/A-" buttons, which allowed me to increase the font size from Seriously Small to Squinting Small ?.  If anyone knows of other ways to increase the font size

when viewing on their phones, that would be great!

Astrid

• Root Admin

Afraid it'll only work on a Desktop computer. The only way I've found on a mobby is to use two fingers and drag apart so as to increase the size of whatever you are viewing, can't guarantee it'll work on everything though, or every site.

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Petra Jane said:

Afraid it'll only work on a Desktop computer.

Actually, I am happy to report that the text +/- works perfectly on both 2017 & 2019 iPads running iOS 14.1. The buttons only affect the text size within the post on each thread and has no effect on the text size on right side panel showing the previews of those posts. I’m not sure if it works that way on a desktop or not but that’s something I’ll likely check dow the road unless someone else uses a desktop for this forum and wants to comment. I rarely if ever use TP forums on a desktop.

It’s a very nice added feature, Petra Jane. I’m at that age where I use reading glasses after about an hour on my iPad. This may curtail that another half hour..lol.? 

Thank you!

Susan R?