• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sonny And Cher's Child Transitioning From Female To Male

Guest joe0117

MaryEllen,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :P I read the Billie Joe comment before I knew you had written it. I liked it then but I really like it now. I can't belive he would doubt that you are a real therapist ;) Funny stuff!!!

Joe

Guest joe0117

Hopefully with more exposure, there will be more education leading to laws, health coverage, and medical advances for the transgender community.

Joe

Guest meridian

Good for you, MaryEllen! That was exactly what I thought when I read "American Man"'s idiotic screed. Talk about protesting too much! This guy has serious identity issues of his own. If we eliminate him (and since he is so irrational I think that's justified), most of the other comments are basically ill-informed and some are even supportive. Prejudice based on misinformation can be combatted, as long as people listen. And except for AM and his ilk, I think most will listen, now or eventually.

Call me an optimist, but what's the alternative, really? If we all make it through, I believe that 20 years from now there will be much more acceptance. And until then, we all have each other. (As a parent, I am part of the transgender community, and proud of it.)

Meridian

ROFL I'm sorry. I just couldn't help myself. The devil made me do it. Click on the link and scroll down to the comment made by BillieJo in response to American Man"s offensive comment. I used the alias BillieJo cause I don't want that nutcase idiot coming anywhere near me.

MaryEllen

Guest Donna Jean
Call me an optimist, but what's the alternative, really? If we all make it through, I believe that 20 years from now there will be much more acceptance. And until then, we all have each other. (As a parent, I am part of the transgender community, and proud of it.)

Meridian

YES you are, Sweetheart...and I'm very proud to stand by your side....You are incredible!

HUGG!

I LOVE YOU!

Donna Jean

Guest Quinn

I told myself not to look at comments, but had to look at the American Man one, xD.

I gotta say...I'm sort of proud of myself for not getting too fired up or upset. I know that there are people like that out there, and my road won't be easy, but at the end, it isn't like people like him are going around doing strip searches to find us and beat us, eh? I know that doesn't leave us completely safe, but the point stands. He's just an ignorant person, and he really believes what he says. It's unfortunate and wrong, but that is his true belief, and it is hard to change that.

It's somewhat comforting to hear about Chaz, as long as he stays safe with all the dolts roaming around. I'm happy to see another man standing up and taking the steps to be himself. And it seems like trans news is being breached more and more into every day society...very slowly. So maybe, like gay rights now, over time we'll become more accepted. Never fully, because there's even still racism around, and as long as there are humans, there will be nonacceptance...but at least we'll get more than we do now. Viva la revolucion! x3

Guest Evan_J
Imagine tomorrow that someone appears on TV after turning themselves into something 'freakish'. Imagine that they distorted their vocal cords so that they could not speak properly. They had ink put into the soft membrane in their eyes, literally giving themselves 'eye tattoos'. Imagine that they tried to give themselves gills, but they didn't work and they had tons of breathing problems and sounded like they were wheezing all the time. Say they genitically modified their very skin so that it turned green and had dull, flaky scales. Now imagine that these people wanted the right to work anywhere, live anywhere

And here would be my thought on that. (Cuz I entertained this nimrods "panic" to see where it led) What if you encountered this person? What if you had to step up to the dmv counter and this was the person waiting on you? Ok....What? Yes, it might be something unusual for you, yes you might look at this due to that, but truely would it affect your world? No. You still would do what it was you were going to do in your life anyway. This person's arguements asks people to "rid the world" of ANY type of people that is less than comfortable for them. They may as well have said, someone with psoriasis, a hair lip, and aleopecia, because "they do not want to look at that". I would suspect this is the same person who doesn't want "that retarded kid" bagging his groceries or "that woman with the leg she has to drag behind her" sitting next to him in church.

Guest meridian

Well said, Quinn and Evan. And thank you, Donna Jean, more than I can say. I'm not incredible, but I really needed that hug.

Love,

Meridian

And here would be my thought on that. (Cuz I entertained this nimrods "panic" to see where it led) What if you encountered this person? What if you had to step up to the dmv counter and this was the person waiting on you? Ok....What? Yes, it might be something unusual for you, yes you might look at this due to that, but truely would it affect your world? No. You still would do what it was you were going to do in your life anyway. This person's arguements asks people to "rid the world" of ANY type of people that is less than comfortable for them. They may as well have said, someone with psoriasis, a hair lip, and aleopecia, because "they do not want to look at that". I would suspect this is the same person who doesn't want "that retarded kid" bagging his groceries or "that woman with the leg she has to drag behind her" sitting next to him in church.

I had a feeling someone would bring that up, 'cus personally, I feel the same way. However, the difference between us and them is that we're open-minded and already understand that "freaks" aren't all the media and our peers make them out to be.

You and I already understand that if that person were to seek employment at our office, even though they may be "weird" by our standards, they may have similar interests to us and may be cool people in general. We know not to judge a book by it's cover, because we can think beyond our first glance, first encounter and initial reaction. Other people, like those who are ill-informed, are generally underveloped in comparison in that regard and thus won't look beyond what's thrown in front of them. They look at a pineapple and see only the rough, inedible outer layer and turn away then and there, when further inspection would have revealed the sweet fruit on the inside that they are now missing out on.

I am saying that their way of perceiving the world is currently flawed due to a lack of education on these important matters. Even though their perceptions are flawed, that does not mean we should not understand them. We have to see things through their eyes if we are ever going to combat their ignorance. It would be hypocritical of us not to take the time to look at things through their perspective if we are to ask them to do the very same for us. We can't simply demand that they study and understand us- we have to be the ones to set the example. Plus, if we don't take the time to understand things from perspectives other than our own, then we are just as flawed as they are.

愛 Eth

Good for you, MaryEllen! That was exactly what I thought when I read "American Man"'s idiotic screed. Talk about protesting too much! This guy has serious identity issues of his own. If we eliminate him (and since he is so irrational I think that's justified), most of the other comments are basically ill-informed and some are even supportive. Prejudice based on misinformation can be combatted, as long as people listen. And except for AM and his ilk, I think most will listen, now or eventually.

Yeah, that's exactly the point that I was trying to get across. Ignorance can be combatted whereas stupidity doesn't need to be; why waste our time on something that'll drown itself out in the end anyway?

愛 Eth

Guest Charlene_Leona

I have been wondering if Chaz's gender issues were the true reason behind Cher's movie MASK. It now makes so much sense to me no since we've lived behind mask's all of our lives until ve get tired of the and rip them off and shatter them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 104 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • Karen Carey
    • MaybeRob
    • Susie
    • April Marie
    • SamC
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

BeautifulMistake
    Newest Member
    BeautifulMistake

1. Alik222
      Alik222
      (24 years old)
    2. AvaWill
      AvaWill
      (37 years old)
    3. Drewies
      Drewies
      (50 years old)
    4. JackJerryJohnTheTreeWorker
      JackJerryJohnTheTreeWorker
      (28 years old)
    5. jgram22
      jgram22
      (37 years old)
    • Sally Stone
      ss,   I can't say that my image in the mirror has helped me understand why I am bi-gender.  I'm pretty certain the reason I identify as bi-gender  has to do with how I feel inside.  About mirrors though, I do clearly see my inner woman when I look at myself in the mirror.  
    • MaeBe
    • Abigail Genevieve
      The tornado called Taylor ripped through Bob's apartment. After a trip to a laundromat, two trips to grocery stores for cleaning supplies and what Taylor opined were Basic Staples, everything was scrubbed within an inch of its life.  A new dish  drainer with a new hand towel and dish cloth were by the side of the scrubbed out sink; motorcycle parts were in a box under the newly made bed.  Floor, shower, toilet, sink had been hit in the bathroom and new towels hung there the way Taylor liked them. "I don't recognize the place/" "So move out." Taylor was sitting on one of the new kitchen chairs.  There were four of them around the little wooden table.  In the middle was a flower arrangement.  Bob had made his last trip to the dumpster.  Not a pizza box remained. A row of card board boxes with books had been replaced by shelves full of neatly arranged books. "Look at this." "I am not going to do this all the time.  You clean your own place from now on. I am bushed." "Many thanks, babe." "No problem, Big Guy." "Hey, I wanted to talk to you about exercise.  Karate in particular."  He pronounced it ka-ra-tay. "I am a second Dan black belt and there is a certain obligation there to teach other people." "Kara-tay? I don't know." "A friend of mine runs a dojo here and needs my help. He talked to me already.  Tuesday and Thursday night and Saturday mornings." "Oh.  So you will be there then." She looked disappointed. "I'm hoping you will be there." "Sounds dangerous.  But I could use the exercise." "And self-defense would be good. It might help." "It might. Huh.  Saturday morning?" "8 AM I need to be there. Classes run until noon. I don't need to be there the whole time." "Is there an intro class or anything?" "Yes. 10 to 11." "How about if I try that."  She was not very enthusiastic.  Punches and kicks and stuff.   Saturday morning they arrived together.  She wanted to watch the Green Belt class that met then just to see what she was in for. Sensei Mark came to the front of the room, before the big American and Japanese flags. Between them was a picture.  "I am honored to introduce to you Sensei Bob.  He is a second Dan black belt.  He has actually beaten me in tournaments.  I have known him through tournaments.  You will listen to him as you listen to me.   Sensei Bob, take the class. The two sensei bowed to each other.  Sensei Bob pointed out that Sensei Mark had beaten him, as well. Taylor was sort of standing against the back wall, scrunched up, a mouse in her crisp new beltless gi.  Her t-shirt was off white underneath it and she was hoping no one would notice. "I am Sensei Mark. You are Taylor." "Yes, sensei!" she stood at attention and shouted it. He laughed.  "This is not Cobra Kai and we are not in a Karate Kind movie.  You do that here only between bows.  Bob tells me you are a complete beginner." "That is an understatement." "Here, let me fix your gi."  She had it on a little incorrectly.  She drew back. "What's the matter?" "I am pretty touchy." "Okay.  Untie the straps in front and tie them the other way, like mine." "I don't have a belt." "There. That is right. You will get a belt after three months and passing tests on kata, kumite and karate knowledge." "I don't know what that is." "And we touch a lot here.  Not romantically. You see how Sensei Bob is going around and adjusting people's stances and arm locations." "Yes, I see that." No enthusiasm. "You are Sensei Bob's girl, right?" "Yes.  What is important to him is important to me, so here I am."  He wished her well and told her to go see Margie, who handled registration at the little table. "Hi, I heard about you." Margie began. "What does that mean?" "It means we treat everyone here with respect.  That was the wrong way to start." "I'll say. Try again." "Good morning. How can I help you?" "I want to register for the beginner class." "You are Taylor, right?" "Right." "Sensei Bob paid for your lesson today." He would. She gave name, address, age, height, weight, and they came to gender. Margie asked it twice. "Put down female." "The only other choice is male." "Then that is it." "Earlier I was thinking about tournaments, which are big here. The rules are that boys fight boys and girls fight girls - there are Men's and Women's Divisions.  I know you look like a woman, but they go by the birth certificate." This was awkward.  Really awkward.  Down at the other end of the room they were moving in unison when Bob said HAI!, turning, punching, kicking, etc. "I don't plan to go to tournaments.  One step at a time, shall we?" "Okay.  And I meant it when I said respect.  We bow to each other.  You will see. As a sign of honoring other people." Margie bowed slightly, sitting down.  Taylor returned the bow and smiled. The class moved into sparring, breaking into twos and practicing moves against each other.  Bob was moving among the pairs, adjusting positions of hands, hips, feet.  Taylor was unsure about someone touching her like that, her hips particularly.    The green belt class ended as new students came in for the beginners' class. Down at the other end the brown belt class began.  The room was large enough you could do two classes at the same time.   The other beginners, nervous, lined up at Margie's table.  People got into gis, the men in their big area and only woman in the little restroom that was for them.   Sensei Mark greeted them and showed them where to stand: on the little x's on the floor. He explained the School Code.  They would recite it at the beginning of class and they needed to memorize it for the white belt test, at which time they would, of course, receive a white belt. He explained some terms.    They warmed up with some basic, easy stretches.   They learned a kata called Taikyoku Shodan, involving blocks, punches and some movements. This was not bad.   She was now paired off with Judy.  Things were going well and this was not too bad. Judy was sixty years old and had been told to exercise by her doctor.  Taylor said her boyfriend was teaching the other class, which was impressive, and he wanted her involved.   "You remember the gedan barai - downward block?"  They did. Everyone showed him and he went around and made sure everyone had it down. "And the lunge punch?"  They did. "Now we are going to put them together. One of you will punch and the other block it. Okay?"   Taylor squared off against Judy.  Her heart was pounding.  She practiced her gedan barai as Judy practiced her lower lunge punch.  Then they faced each other. "Okay, first partner, lunge punch.  Second partner, lower block.  Slowly.  Go!" Taylor saw the punch coming at her, but instead of blocking it her eyes welled up with tears and she dropped to the floor, weeping uncontrollably. "Oh God, Oh, God, Oh God, make it stop, make it stop" she shouted to parties unseen. Fetal position, rocking back and forth. Crying hysterically. "I didn't go near her," Judy said, bewildered. "Taylor?"  this was Sensei Bob.  Both classes had stopped and were looking at her. She kept crying. "I am here, "Bob told her, not touching.  "Oh Bob you need a wife who can be a real woman to you. I am making you into a monk or something." And she continued crying at full volume. "You need someone better than me, someone who can give you kids." Everyone could hear this.  They were turning away, trying to pretend they could not hear this. "I need to get her out of here and take her." Bob said, and he and Mark bowed to each other. He scooped her up and she bawled into his shoulder.  She clung to him.  First hug ever. Death grip, more like it. "Judy, would you get her things?" "I did nothing," Judy said, and moved towards the restroom, stunned.  "Nothing." "I know what she was wearing," Margie said, and got them. "I've got a gym bag. It 's red and it says Roosters on it. Can you get it? Mark got it.  He accompanied them to the car.  Taylor was non-stop crying deeply, clinging to him for dear life. Mark unlocked the car and together they managed to pry Taylor off of him, even though it took both of them to do it.  She was in the car seat and they managed to buckle her in it. "I am going to take you to your apartment," he said. "No. Emergency room," she said. "Maybe the psych ward."  He didn't doubt it. She calmed down in a few minutes on the way. "Well, that was embarrassing." "Everyone remembers their first day of karate class." "Bob, what I love about you is your sense of humor." "I love everything about you." "Even this?" "Yes. Even this." She managed to walk into the ER.  They were both still in gis. "Karate accident?" "No. I am Taylor and I am a nut. I wear a gi all the time. I make my boyfriend wear one, too." "She had a triggered event.  She's had some difficult times." "I see. Do you you know are bleeding?" "No."  Her crotch was wet with blood and the blood was seeping down both legs. She was wheeled away. "Sir, please wait here." He did.  He had no legal right to see her right now. After a while a nurse came out and said he could come on  back. There she was in a hospital gown.  "Seems like old times." "yeah.  We gotta stop meeting like this." The nurse buzzed around and left them. "They are running tests." "I bet they are." "I got an MRI. On a Saturday morning, too."  First ever. "You rate.  But why?" "They figure some of the old scar tissue - you know, from the- from the past - ripped open and they need to see what is going on." "We know what is going on,"said a doctor, stepping in. He looked at her. "I am Doctor Michaels.  They called me in.  I just happened to be in the building and they wanted me to see this and take the case.  My specialty is Disorders of Sexual Development. But what I am seeing is little in the way of disorder.  Look at this." They looked at the image. "This is a perfectly ordinary uterus." "Uterus?" "Yes, your uterus." "What?" "That is not all.  This is a cervix, and this is a vagina." "It's blocked up." "Yes.  It looks like you had surgery to do exactly that when you were an infant.  They used to do that." "This is me?" "You." "Really?" "I imagine this takes some getting used to. "Can it be undone?" "Absolutely. I mean, I cannot guarantee it, but it is more than likely. I would like to run some tests." "And the bleeding?" "It looks like the hormones you have been taking have kicked of a regular monthly cycle. Then you did a whole bunch of exercise.  Not surprising." "What?" "I want you to come to my office next week for follow-up.  Have you ever had a genetic test of any sort?" "No." "Well, your testes - one looks at first glance more like an ovary." "Ovary. Can I have kids?" "Too soon to tell.  You look happy." She did.  "Bob, you look stunned." "I am." "Given what happened earlier today we want to keep you overnight for observation.  I understand you are a trauma victim and something triggered it." "I got a punch thrown at me in kara-tay class, is all. I am a wimp." "Well, I will let you two talk for a minute and they will come and get you shortly.  No bad news here." "They are coming to take me away, hah-hah, they are coming to take me away," Taylor chanted. "Bob, I am not done with kara-tay.  I want to at least finish a first class. I mean, you paid for it and I want you to get your money's worth." "I think I got that." "Kiss me, you fool,"  she said, and he did, with energy.        
    • April Marie
      These arrived in yesterday's mail. I'm out working in the yard today so just old clothes. I'm looking forward to wearing this t-shirt dress when the weather warms up a bit more.  
    • missyjo
      Ashley I've known busty girls who wore b nice bras tl work n such then like a sift sports bra to lounge or sleep in hugs
    • missyjo
      your nails b hair came wonderful  congratulations  enjoy
    • Willow
      The one thing about this position, if you want more hours just wait and be flexible.  I’m now working until 7:30 pm instead of 4:30.  
    • Ashley0616
      I hope your head cold goes away soon! Sorry you have to cut grass with that.   Love the new t-shirt   I love that one.    What Jeep would you want to get? That is awesome about your wife getting better!
    • Ashley0616
      Welcome Mattie! I would recommend the first step is finding a gender therapist and see if you are or aren't. Then one of the biggest steps if you are do you want to start hormone replacement therapy. The decision should be thought long and hard. There are irreversible effects. Looking forward to your next post! Take care!
    • Ashley0616
      Congratulations on being able to pick up a cancellation! I hope to hear more updates about your transition. 
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Getting a dog maybe next month
    • Ashley0616
      Spending time with my kids and eventually will be adopting a dog next month. 
    • KymmieL
      Well every girl needs a play toy. I just happen to have 7 of them.   My hoses finally came in. have the passenger front installed. Now trying to figure out how to do the drivers side when the tire is still on and there is no room to do it.  I'll figure sumthin out.  I is smrt.   Well have the wife home with me. She wound up falling back asleep after turning her alarm off. I woke her up at 6:20. She is due to work at 6. She decided to just call in.       MaeBe that is what this thread was started for. A chat place to share our days and thoughts for the day.   Hugs   Kymmie
    • Ashley0616
      simplicity:  : the state of being simple, uncomplicated, or uncompounded : lack of subtlety or penetration : INNOCENCE, NAIVETÉ : FOLLY, SILLINESS : freedom from pretense or guile : CANDOR : directness of expression : CLARITY : restraint in ornamentation : AUSTERITY
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.