• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Spiritual Confusion...

Guest Leigh

Guest Leigh

i have recently been doing a lot of truth seeking...basically discussing spirituality, religion and philosophy with friends/family.... a lot of the time this just means that people will laugh at my theories since they are different from what those people believe.

but i still feel like i'm reaching deeper levels of understanding.. even if it's just on a personal level.....but i do think i'm starting to understand some more about how the universe is connected...

but i'm feeling lost and confused, because i know that i can't know all, and that i can never know if what i believe is true...since it's all theory....

basically i just don't feel like i can trust most of the people i know, because they acquiesce to societies rules and institutions without thinking through what they are doing...

i don't know what i really expect from any of you by writing this...but i think i just want some comfort or understanding (even though i think that understanding another person is actually impossible.....)

well.

peace&love to all

leigh

Guest Elizabeth K

Leigh

99 out of 100 people are just looking to get out of bed in the morning, and that is as far as they are thinking.

So just pick those you feel might have a clue - talk with them. Maybe 1 in 25 might listen to what 'you' want to say! Grin... selfish world out there. We gender dysphoric have a special duality I think, which forces us to think and think and think. So hold strong - you will find like minds. In the mean time - just keep the faith - so to speak.

There are a lotta good intelligent people - you will find some. Heck - talk to me... I am smart (opinionated too - grin).

Elizabeth Anne

Dear Leigh,

Don't give up on everybody because most people follow the path of least resestance.

Remember before you came to the realization that something wasn't quite right with you and your place in society, you just followed along.

Give them a chance they just haven't had the motivation that we have!

People aren't really all bad, in fact most are basically good, they just haven't learned how to show it.

And they certainly have no idea of how to act around someone who is different or has different ideas.

So give them time and just follow your beliefs and someday you will know that you are right.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Zenda
i have recently been doing a lot of truth seeking...basically discussing spirituality, religion and philosophy with friends/family.... a lot of the time this just means that people will laugh at my theories since they are different from what those people believe.

but i still feel like i'm reaching deeper levels of understanding.. even if it's just on a personal level.....but i do think i'm starting to understand some more about how the universe is connected...

but i'm feeling lost and confused, because i know that i can't know all, and that i can never know if what i believe is true...since it's all theory....

basically i just don't feel like i can trust most of the people i know, because they acquiesce to societies rules and institutions without thinking through what they are doing...

i don't know what i really expect from any of you by writing this...but i think i just want some comfort or understanding (even though i think that understanding another person is actually impossible.....)

well.

peace&love to all

leigh

Kia Ora Leigh,

A Buddhist proverb:

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear!"

This basically means when you’re open to the information, or growth. The teacher will appear: Meaning you will be able to accept and actively seek out the people, places, and information that will help you towards enlightenment...

In the mean time read some of these Taoist stories http://taoism.net/enter.htm and as Lao Tzu once said "Yingdoi buxing jieshou de mouren mingyun!" {My Chinese is not the best} "Just go with the flow!" The waterfall story an interesting one...

Happy Mindfulness

Metta Jendar :)

• 7 months later...

Leigh,

I know what you mean about not being able to prove your theories. I'm like that as well. Somedays I can't sleep at night because I can't stop thinking. But it doesn't trouble me at all because I'm not worried about proving anything, I don't need evidence. That's the beauty of "faith". Nobody else can prove their faiths either (even though some will try). All you need to concern yourself with is finding the peace and enlightenment that you desire. Just remember,

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu

Blessings on your journey,

Emily

• 1 year later...
Guest Puppy Girl

This just means (in my opinion) that you're more interesting to know than those people. :D Obviously, you think a lot about deep things. I think that's a good thing, just don't let yourself get lost. Like, you can tie yourself in knots trying to figure out the meaning of life, etc, which doesn't mean that you shouldn't. Just keep in mind that it's all thoughts, and that you can celebrate that you have theories without getting stuck on people you know not getting it. If that makes sense.

Well, I have a fairly good time thinking about all of that, too, and have found pretty interesting, deep-minded people online in a few places. I'll link you to my favorite forum about self-discovery, philosophy and so forth: The Daemon Forum (http://daemonpage.com/forum/'>http://daemonpage.com/forum/), though you should probably look at The Daemon Page (http://daemonpage.com/) first for a basic idea of what it's about. Anyway, the people there are for the most part thoughtful and interesting, like you. :) At the least, it might give you some different and fascinating reading.

Good luck!

-Puppy Girl

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lisa49
...since it's all theory....

You might want to take the journey of Philosophy. Most ideas of mankind are hashed out through the ages with some very intelligent thinking. Start with the acient Greeks and work your way through politics, religion, science, metaphysics, epistemology, etc.

Guest Elizabeth K

Old topic, my goodness. Let me add one thing? What if we are meant to know in little pieces, infrequent revelations, epiphanies that are based upon our continuing experiencing of life?

I mean, I firmly believe, at the end, we reach out and touch the face of the CREATOR - and we laugh together. THEN we will know everything - so simple! DANG

Lizzy

Guest Elizabeth K

Kia Ora Lizzy,

:rolleyes: "To know everything is to know no-thing!"

Metta Zenda :)

In the end - if we do it right - when we achieve non-existence and become one with everything.

Lizzy

Guest Zenda

In the end - if we do it right - when we achieve non-existence and become 'one' with everything.

Lizzy

Kia Ora Lizzy,

:rolleyes: Or "No-thing!" ;)

Metta Zenda :)

Guest April63

In the end - if we do it right - when we achieve non-existence and become one with everything.

Lizzy

But why would we want to achieve non-existence? That would void all that we have achieved already...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest indiefem

But why would we want to achieve non-existence? That would void all that we have achieved already...

I think that would be our evolution to becoming part of the universal energy, or part of the 'absolute truth', if you will.

I find this stuff to be fascinating! I am really on a quest to figure myself out. I know for sure that I have a male form and gender but also a very strong female presence in my spirit. I do not know if this is really 'dual-spirit', or if i am androgynous in spirit but it is being manifested as a dual role because of my experience with gender norms. I guess the difference is if I feel like I am neither or if I feel like I am both. Right now I feel very much like I am both, but my female presence is taking a very strong stance with me right now. I feel absolutely feminine and have for several months. A few months from now I may feel absolutely masculine, which has happened in the past. Then again, maybe I am just me :).

Guest April63

I think that would be our evolution to becoming part of the universal energy, or part of the 'absolute truth', if you will.

I find this stuff to be fascinating! I am really on a quest to figure myself out. I know for sure that I have a male form and gender but also a very strong female presence in my spirit. I do not know if this is really 'dual-spirit', or if i am androgynous in spirit but it is being manifested as a dual role because of my experience with gender norms. I guess the difference is if I feel like I am neither or if I feel like I am both. Right now I feel very much like I am both, but my female presence is taking a very strong stance with me right now. I feel absolutely feminine and have for several months. A few months from now I may feel absolutely masculine, which has happened in the past. Then again, maybe I am just me :).

I think this is interesting as well--I am fascinated by religion and spirituality. But how does becoming non-existent bring absolute truth? We as beings that are capable of thinking and choosing are intelligences. We will only be able to know the absolute truth because of our intelligence. A rock, for example, is not an intelligence. It is not capable of any thought and cannot know any truth. But it still can be part of the bigger picture. It is part of the absolute reality that is the universe. We are all part of it, and no evolution is required to be in it--only to know it. But we need to train ourselves and increase our intelligence to be capable of that.

Some of us take the grassy path by choice and some of us have no choice. The majority of our fellows are not seekers. Perhaps they don't have the restless spirit?

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveller, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference

...Robert Frost

Huggs

Michelle

• 2 months later...
Guest Syamantaka

well.

peace&love to all

leigh

" keep as cool as you can, face piles of trials with smiles

for it riles them to beleive the web they weave and keep on

thinking free" Moody Blues- On the Threshold of a Dream.

• 1 month later...
Guest Leigh

You might want to take the journey of Philosophy. Most ideas of mankind are hashed out through the ages with some very intelligent thinking. Start with the acient Greeks and work your way through politics, religion, science, metaphysics, epistemology, etc.

haha.. thanks, already done that ;)