Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Colm

Harry Potter Trivia Thread

Guest Pól

Here are the rules:

1. You may only ask questions that you know the answers to. Questions should be factual rather than subjective.

Examples

Good Question: What color are Lily Potter's eyes?

Bad Question: Who is the bestest bestest best character ever?

Caveat: If you have an question about Harry Potter that you do not know the answer to, make it clear in the post that you are not asking the question as a trivia question.

2. Once your question has been answered correctly, confirm that that is the correct answer. The person who answered correctly then asks the next question.

3. Questions may be either about the books or the films, but when there is conflict between facts from the books and facts from the films, the books trump.

4. Spoilers are acceptable.

5. Questions involving page numbers or chapter numbers are unacceptable (because, well, ... really?).

6. Only the seven books are fair game. Questions from Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, or any other non-series book are not.

7. No looking up the answer. Only you are going to know if you have used resources other than the one between your ears, but doing that defeats the whole point of the game. Keep yourself honest.

8. Let's keep things friendly, please.

I'll start off with an easy-ish one:

What kind of wood is James Potter's wand made of?

Guest MrAwesome

In book 7, which 2 horcruxes (before killing Voldemort) are destroyed, and how?

I read all 7 books so I know the answers. :)

Guest Neuro

James Potters Wand: uhh... Dragon heartstring? *fails*

2 Horcruxes: SNAP um, uh uh uh...... snap I really forgot.

New month resolution: re-read entire series again. I am failing my pride!

Guest mwade1981
In book 7, which 2 horcruxes (before killing Voldemort) are destroyed, and how?

I read all 7 books so I know the answers. :)

Well in book 7 the first one distroyd was the locket, with the sword of grifendor, and the second was the hufflpuffs cup with the basilisc fang.

But there were two that were destroyd pryer to book 7. Doy you remeber wich ones those were?

Morgan

Guest Cody_T

For the wand... only wood I can think of right now is willow, but I'm about 99% sure that's not it.

the two horcruxes were the locket and the ring. The ring was defeated with the basilisk fang and the locket with the sword of griffindor? I'm pretty sure those were the ways, not so sure about which horcruxes or which were done which

And I'm with Michael... prepare for epic re-reading.

Oh also since Lewis threw out a question unbidden, are we gonna ignore one of them or make someone get both?

Guest Pól

I'll answer Lewis's even though we should wait for someone to answer mine after this. After this, let's stick to one question though, for simplicity's sake.

My answer to Lewis's question is this: The last two horcruxes destroyed before Voldemort is killed are the cup (stabbed with the basilisk fang by Hermione in the Chamber of Secrets) and Harry himself (Avada Kedavra by Voldemort).

James Potter's wand is not made out of willow, and I'm pretty sure the core is never specified, so I'm just looking for the wood.

Guest joe0117

I think James Potter's wand is made out of mahagany....I'll wait for confirmation on this one.

Joe

Guest Valentine

Horcuxes destroyed:

Voldemort's Diary by Harry with the Basilisk fang

The ring by Dumbledore

The Locket by Ron? with Gryffindor's Sword

The Cup by Hermione with the fang

The Diadem by Crabbe with the Fiendfyre spell

Nagini by Neville with Gryfindor's sword

Guest Pól

Joe's right. James Potter's wand is made out of mahogany. So Joe asks the next question.

Guest joe0117

Sticking with easy questions for now...

What kind of dragon did Cedric have to fight?

Joe

I can see Pol drooling :P

Guest Cody_T

Oooh then I think I know! Cause I was gonna guess Welsh Green too...

Swedish Short Snout?

Guest CharlieRose

Oh, yeah, that's right *Fleur* did the Welsh Green.

Guest Cody_T

Oh right... I hate this part, I never know how hard/easy my questions are...

What was the name of the muggle who checked the Weasleys, Diggorys, Harry, and Hermione into their camping area for the Quidditch World Cup?

Guest Pól

I'm not sure, but isn't his name Roberts? He's the one who needs an obliviator constantly to keep him happy, right?

Guest Cody_T
I'm not sure, but isn't his name Roberts? He's the one who needs an obliviator constantly to keep him happy, right?

Yep. Poor guy :P

Your go

Guest Pól

How many knuts to a sickle and how many sickles to a galleon?

Guest Cody_T

10 knuts to a sickle, 17 sickles to a galleon?

Guest Pól
10 knuts to a sickle, 17 sickles to a galleon?

No.

Guest Cody_T
No.

The second one has to be right... I can try again, right?

If so, I think it's actually 29 knuts. And the same 17 sickles

and if not... someone kindly delete this :blush:

Guest Pól

Yep. 29 knuts to a sickle and 17 sickles to a galleon.

Your question, Cody.

Guest Cody_T

okay, let's make this easy

what's the incantation for the tickling spell used in the 2nd book duel between Draco and Harry? Don't worry about the spelling.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• amanda is cute MK3
    • Kenna Dixon
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Rachel Gia
    • MaryMary
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• amanda is cute MK3
      very tired but good glade to be home.  saw michelle yesterday for coffee it was nice.   she has a weird sense of humor she got off work this morning she works nights.  bruising is going down so is swelling. it sucks being this tired lol     amanda 
    • Rachel Gia
      I did not read the whole thing because I have issues with reading but the part i did read sounds like your partner has debting issues which is not something any kind of pleading can solve. Its also probably the most common addiction going on in North America right now so its could be considered normal. I still have issues with my finances but went to Debtors Anon. and got some skills and tools , one of which is a charge card and not a credit card. I have to pay it off every month so I can't over spend. I hope I an not overstepping here but part of the reasons behind racking of credit cards et al is it is a way of escaping and dealing with hard to handle emotions.   I only quoted a few of the signs so's not to clutter up the post.   4) Compulsive shopping: Being unable to pass up a “good deal”; making impulsive purchases; leaving price tags on clothes so they can be returned; not using items you’ve purchased. 5) Difficulty in meeting basic financial or personal obligations, and/or an inordinate sense of accomplishment when such obligations are met. 6) A different feeling when buying things on credit than when paying cash, a feeling of being in the club, of being accepted, of being grown up. 12). A feeling or hope that someone will take care of you if necessary, so that you won’t really get into serious financial trouble, that there will always be someone you can turn to.
    • Timber Wolf
      Happy Birthday Alice!🎂 Hope you have a wonderful day!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf🐾
    • Cindy Truheart
        Because she didn't leave me right away when I came out to her, I swore that I'd stay forever. Even when I told her that I'm not attracted to women, I was still willing to be married to her, to be a partner with her, for the rest of our lives. But without the physical aspects of a relationship, she doesn't believe that we have a relationship. So she told me that as far as she was concerned, the marriage was over. I agreed with what she wanted. But now I feel like, if the marriage is over, why am I still here putting up with this? Luckily she's found a guy online that she's been talking to lately and is going on a date next week. Thank the Powers Above and Below!! It has improved her mood substantially!   Oh, and our rent is $1400 because we live in the north Denver area. But if you really want to have your jaw hit the floor then I can tell you about what our mortgage payment was back in NC... $375 a month (no I didn't miss a digit), for a three bedroom, 1100 sq ft home, 1/3 acre of land, with a full basement, in the city limits. As we like to say, the rent in Hell is really cheap!   I see a therapist weekly, although we are getting to the point that I probably don't need to go every week. However, I've never been able to get my ex/roommate to go to counseling. She wouldn't go alone, she wouldn't go to a support group, she wouldn't go to couples counseling, she refused to do any of it. It was as if she unplugged from reality and refused to acknowledge that I was transitioning until recently. Now she talks as if who I was died and I'm someone completely different. Fine by me. I just wish she would hurry up and move on already then.   But I guess you could say that the worst part about it all is that I can't seem to find anyone to talk to. My ex/roommate doesn't obviously doesn't understand, I've got a co-worker who is Bi, but she doesn't understand. And hell, I can't even find another trans woman who has been in my position, or even one close to it. At least not anyone nearby that I could go have coffee with so we could talk. All the trans people I know around here are either retirement age or in their twenties! Or we have absolutely NOTHING in common past the fact that we're both trans. There's just too much of an age gap, too much of a generational distance, and not enough commonality to make for a friendship. So I end up coming on here or FB and pouring my heart out only to either be completely misunderstood, or dismissed, or patronized, or ignored. I end up feeling bad because it seems like I'm wasting everyone's time.   But, whatever. Par for the course I suppose.   ....funny thing is, when I finally realized that I'm trans two years ago, I was SO HAPPY! Because I finally realized that I wasn't alone. I wasn't so different from everyone else. There were people out there who were like me. My first support group was magical. I wanted to get to know everyone and to find friends that I had a bunch of stuff in common with. Instead, despite being part of the trans community, more and more I feel separate from it. The people I've met with similar interests, want nothing to do with me. The people that I enjoy being around and I think are really cool, want nothing to do with me. You know who does want to be with me? My ex/roommate who would like nothing more than for me to go back to who I was. My cis co-worker who is fine with being my friend that she can complain to about her life but doesn't have the time for me. And men who only want me for an evening. So, that is my life. It is what it is. And it's all mine. Bitter loneliness. Never ending isolation. An eternity of being misunderstood despite the fact that I finally know who I am. ....I guess I do need to keep seeing that therapist.
    • Rachel Gia
      Hi Clara, I am single mom as well but my kids love me and I have a family is the trans and gay community in Vancouver now. It a place we "get" each other without explanation. I need to do trans chic stuff for a bit but will be around to look at the computer. You can call me Gia if you like as its my middle name. Gia
    • Gwen
      Rachel, I'm so happy you've made progress in this area, and it was nice to hear from someone who has similar issues. I've had mood issues for decades and I'm very anxious to see how HRT tweaks my chemistry. It should be an interesting spring. I also plan to adopt your electrologist's "First Hot Mess" diagnosis. I'm sure I will have one in the future   Gwen
    • Clara84
        Hi Yes this letter warmed my heart, really.   Those passive aggressive comments are really sad and it hurts... I don't have much hope about the future with her. She's so obtuse on some points.. it would be hard.   Thank you for your greetings... but I feel like I don't have anymore family. I am just a single mom. Love   Clara    P.S. Rachel is also my wife's first name   
    • Rachel Gia
      Hi Clara, I am so happy to hear the news about you and your children being together! I also loved how the court document stated That must have warmed your heart! It warmed mine:) My ex-wife seems to having issues with the past and I get the feeling I will be on the other end of passive aggressive comments for a while yet. I hope your wife can find some help beyond the meetings with your marriage counsellor. Isolation is bad medicine and as she needs to meet you and your children somewhere in the middle. Much Love to you and your family Rachel Vancouver BC  
    • Rachel Gia
      Hi , I am one of the odd ones here as I found my moods stabilized on hormones and the possibility that they would become more up and down on E and T blockers was a major concern before starting. After getting clean and sober I have been working to stabilize my moods for a number of years and throwing another thing into my system that might cause further swings was a major concern. Thankfully I posted on this forum and talked at my trans support group regarding these concerns and then proceeded. I am a little different as I was almost incapable of crying but in the last year I have been making progress and I believe that is in part thanks to HRT and also thanks to the other part of transitioning which for me has been letting people into my truth about my dysphoria and being transgender. I became quite inwardly emotional recently about some private stuff and later that night was informed by my electrologist that I had had my "First Hot Mess!". We laughed and I said "Wow , that was great!". That was after 17 months of hormones. I really think its different for each person and the posts on this forum really helped with me proceeding and continue to do so. Rachel
    • Rachel Gia
      I have not posted not posted on this thread up till now as the answers are in the thread but when all else failed I followed the directions in the box to the letter and have had no issues since doing so. I press an hold for 15 seconds rather than 10. Tight clothing will peel them off. ie Spanx leggings. As said above Arms and legs did not work as the muscles flex too much.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Alice
      Alice
      (28 years old)
  • Upcoming Events

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • TransPulse Partners