• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Edeyn Blackeney Apology Over Transgender Hoax Of Raychel Roo

Guest Angel21

mpd come from abuse witch started before the age of about 7 years old because we don't know how many people have been abused the number of people with MPD is really unknown just like the number of people who have been abused

but it isnt as rare as it was about 10 years ago

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaryEllen

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

• Sakura

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darlie

I am keeping this totally in this forum alone.

First , lets clear up one thing , Edeyn IS transgender. That was no hoax , that is clear so we can let go of any paranoia about outsiders . The info I have provided is so that you may see the person and know them better . The irony is I had just seen her YouTube vlog the week before. She is a blossoming fiction writer . I might doubt the multiple personality , I am quite open to believing she is bi-polar . So now we get to know her. Be nice because she should be pretty much emotionally naked by now. I think that we can trust that this is indeed the real person.

Rachel was someone Edeyn wanted to be , prettier,more talented , smarter and kinder. Someone you all looked up to . She had created this beautiful person that all of you loved and there was only one way for her to leave your lives and that was heroically because that was what Rachel was . It all makes total sense now. Edeyn grew to love Rachel just as much as all of you. She was totally real to her.

My suggestion is that we all give Edeyn a chance. That we all welcome her with open arms because I think she needs to be accepted without being in Julliard or having suffered giant tragedy , or having a dancers body . Just for herself. I want you to know that what you said about Rachel moved me and if for that reason alone she deserves another chance. For those of you who shed tears I would ask that you try and grasp the total self hate it takes to want to be someone else. Forgiving isn't divine , it is essential and Edeyn is a worthy human being.

with all due respect karen she carried this lie for over a year i dont think it would be none to hard for her to force a few gags and some tears on demand i mean when i really want somthing from my boyfriend i can pout and cry on demand this letter like roos entire exsitance and her murder and her final thoughts is probly a scam too

i know MPD is real and that it can be exstreamly debilitating but i just find it funny that out of being one of the most rare mental illnesses that so many on this site have it or seem to have it when they get into trouble or are caught in a lie

in my boy friends phyche book its is estimated that 15-30% of people are afflicted with this illness it is also believed by most therapist and mental health practitioners that out of that precentile most make it up plus its hard to prove if some one has it or not ( could be the reaosn so many serial killers use it as a defence when they are caught)

Sakua

Guest Angela-H

Wow, what strong feelings he/she has. given to the fact that he/she tried to explain to everyone what has happened. I was doing some research on MPD and it sound to me like its a serious conditions, because it is. I hope he/she understands what she did and come to her sences that she gave everyone a scare beyond our wildest thoughts. And as I was reading on MPD the thought that this case is serious.

I may have to look into this MPD to fully get the details on what he/she is going through. If I am reading it right its a type of cancer, that affects the bones and the bone marrow itself. So it tells me. I looked up MPD on WebMD. If that what it says, than MPD is a serious condition. I may be wrong on this, and I need for you to correct me if I am wrong.

Guest CharliTo

IIIIIIIiii....

personally will forgive you.

I did cry and had a day at work where I didn't do so hot, but eh, I look at the bright side and I'm glad you're alive.

*hug*

Guest Donna Jean

This is so very hard to rectify in my own mind.....

Forgiveness is in my heart...

Caution is on my mind....

Where do the Lies/Truth End/ Begin?

I know that the ones closest to Roo are feeling the need to give another chance, but how can we possibly trust a single written word on a page now?

I've been thinking about all of this since the revelation yesterday morning and I have to admit the this has made me terribly gun shy about her!

Someone could of died over this....

I find it hard to believe that she would want to come back after all of this...

I don't "Hate" her ...she most certainly needs help.......

But as Mr Spock said....

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few!"

Many people here are in delicate places and themselves need help and direction....we can't allow someone to play with their feelings for their own benefit....whatever that is!

So many here spent a couple of days crying and totally destroyed over a sister's cruel death......

They did not deserve that! It hurt some people REALLY badly....

This past week peoples emotions have been taken for a crazy ride all over the place...incredible sorrow, pain, tears, joy, anger, and even some cases of burn out!

I'm not vindictive, I don't want a quart of blood........I DO forgive.....

Sweetheart...Listen....If your letter is true, please get some help and spare others in the future what you have caused here.......

Donna Jean

Guest JustinLucas

Angela-H said:

"I may have to look into this MPD to fully get the details on what he/she is going through. If I am reading it right its a type of cancer, that affects the bones and the bone marrow itself. So it tells me. I looked up MPD on WebMD. If that what it says, than MPD is a serious condition. I may be wrong on this, and I need for you to correct me if I am wrong. "

No hun, MPD is not a type of cancer. It stands for Multiple Personality Disorder, which is now known as DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder)

Guest CharlieRose
How rare is MPD?

As is said before, MPD is caused by abuse, usually a long series of quite horrific abuse, usually during childhood, that's so horrific the child can't stand it and does its best to forget it, or disassociate from it. With MPD, now known as the more accurate Disassociative Identity Disorder, not only do these children disassociate from these experiences, they split their memories and consciousness into pieces so that they don't have to deal with all those horrible memories at once. You end up with people with two or more different personalities that inhabit the brain, oftentimes leading to blackouts as the main personality gets taken over by alternate ones, and therefore can't remember what the alter did.

<---- No experience, really, just the collected info of a abnormal psychology nerd.

She didn't go completely stereotypical, like the death. (I was a bit skeptical reading that. It was a bit too perfect. Too many car crashes, crawled away after being buried alive and set upon by people who "didn't like that" with baseball bats? And a post-op teenager is kind of mindblowing.) Does that mean I believe her? It is a story hard to believe.

But, I think it was Sally who said it, either way she needs help. Either way I pity her.

This whole thing has been incredibly unusual.

Guest Justme

I had to wait to cool down before I could post. This second story by Edeyn ticks me off. I am what is called 'High functioning DID. ' And that only happens after years and years of extensive therapy. High functioning basically means there is no more dissociation. That all the personalities have in some way integrated ....there is no more story-telling, no more.....blacking out ...lost consciousness of what other personalities do.....and absolutely....no killing off of alters etc. In fact, I had to go through this extensive therapy to rectify the DID before I was even allowed (and able) to even start my transition. I know everyone deals with mental illness differently, but when you say you are High Functioning DID.....it blows the rest of your story out the window. Shall we try again?

While I believe in forgiveness afterwards you can't always go back to business as usual. She will not be allowed back here. It is rare bans are permanent here but this is one of those times. The fact is if you've cried wolf and lied more than once people should only believe you at their peril. Could she have MPD/DID? Of course it is POSSIBLE as I'm not a therapist. However she doesn't fit the typical pattern here we've seen here many times.

After reading nearly 2000 chat transcripts of 24/7 conversations over the years your powers of observation are very keen. We have seen every mental disorder known to man and each one has it's own patterns that are observable. Most with MPD don't know that they have it unless they've been diagnosed or others observe it. Psycholgists will tell you that this is the hardest diagnosis to make usually because the caretaker personality keeps the secret well. However through watching written speech you can watch changes take place right before your eyes. Often the user is unaware of the change. With some illnesses you can tell when someone hasn't taken their medication that day. Quite often we are proven right.

It gets better. LAst night "August" showed up apologizing for his part in the first hoax in 2007. Interesting timing don't you think? He has the same area code and prefix as Edeyn. Is there a connection? Time will tell. The plot thickens.

Laura

Guest Darlie
this letter like roos entire exsitance and her murder and her final thoughts is probly a scam too

No Sakura , it isn't a scam . The stuff I put in my last post are really Edeyn . Trust me , I didn't post everything . Why Edeyn became Rachel is obvious and I'm sorry but , it is our fault . We are rather shallow and treat beautiful tragic heroines better that overweight normal people . Who among you wouldn't want to be Rachel ? She was a mentor because you all admired her.

I grew up plump and boring and people beat me up hun. I lied because I was not female, because I was not exciting, because I hid in my room and dreamed my body away. I am going to be Edeyn's friend because to me it is worse to abandon someone who did that much good even if in the end it was a mistake. You said it yourselves, no one online is real . The good she did was real though. So be angry for as long as you want but just know it will serve no one.

love you all.

Darlie

Guest Justme

Hey Laura. I believe this action is a good call. As I mentioned. I have gone through alot to get where I am. I still struggle with my transitioning because I live in a state that affords no rights to trans people. Without 100% surgery, I can't even change the gender marker on my drivers license. And I have been active in fighting that for a couple years now. I am trying to find a way ...to forgive this person....at the same time...it is happenings like this...that allows the stigma to persist..against trans people and people with mental illness. It gives the general population an excuse not to believe we are who we say we are. And I will continue the fight. I am now working with someone that ...if all goes well...will be publishing with Hazeldon (spelling?) Anyway,,,we are working on a book about stigma.....what it is and what it does. Thanks for making the hard call.

• Admin
It gets better. LAst night "August" showed up apologizing for his part in the first hoax in 2007. Interesting timing don't you think? He has the same area code and prefix as Edeyn. Is there a connection? Time will tell. The plot thickens.

Laura

That pretty much seals the deal for me.

Laura, I completely agree with your decision not to let her come back. Way too

much risk to everyone here. You'll have to be vigilant to keep her from sneaking in under another pseudonym, but

I trust in your resources.

Carolyn Marie

Guest (Lightsider)

Laura made the right call in this matter. There are plenty of support sites on the web...I am sure that Edeyn will find another place to settle and make a home there and not repeat the same mistakes made here. Darlie I know you frequent another board...perhaps she can make a home there with you as her guide?

Guest Darlie
That pretty much seals the deal for me.

Sorry, I'm not quite clear on this. Edeyn is trans , she helped people here and was much admired till this . So y'all feel it is important to reject the real person ? In my opinion she could get back in here easily so , I don't see that as a solution nor do I see it as something a help forum should do. I posted your message to my Facebook Laura so I should feel just as taken but , this is a pittance compared to transition . I also know she is here and has read everything you have said. She told me she did. So if you want to give open air to any hate I'm pretty sure she can hear.

Remember Duanna Johnson, the transwoman who was beat up in that video by the police ? I'm guessing the cop she got fired just murdered her.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local...Myufj8owGA.cspx

I am of the opinion that forgiving her is the thing to do, but we are not equipped here to deal with a mental problem of this type or magnitude and until she has dealt with this problem with professionals who are trained to help in those areas bringing her back into the same arena where she has just experienced a major meltdown would not seem to be the prudent thing to do.

Her mental health is not only what is in question but also what is at risk - I think that she needs to be away from all of the Internet sites on trans issues and concentrate on gaining control over herself and her mind first - that is what is in her best interest.

Episodes of this nature and magnitude are clear danger signs and we cannot supply the type of help that she is crying out for.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest (Lightsider)
Sorry, I'm not quite clear on this. Edeyn is trans , she helped people here and was much admired till this . So y'all feel it is important to reject the real person ? In my opinion she could get back in here easily so , I don't see that as a solution nor do I see it as something a help forum should do. I posted your message to my Facebook Laura so I should feel just as taken but , this is a pittance compared to transition . I also know she is here and has read everything you have said. She told me she did. So if you want to give open air to any hate I'm pretty sure she can hear.

Remember Duanna Johnson, the transwoman who was beat up in that video by the police ? I'm guessing the cop she got fired just murdered her.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local...Myufj8owGA.cspx

Darlie You know me from the board you frequent. I used to post there. I was allowed TO BE attacked and when I fought back to defend myself I got banned. I found a new place where attacks were not allowed and I feel safe. Edeyn can make a new home at the board you frequent can she not?

As I recollect you were not protesting my banning when it happened or asking that I be forgiven. I too am trans.

Guest Justme

Amen Sally. In dealing with the issues myself. You do need to get rid of the past demons...before you can go on to be yourself. and i hope Edeyn will do that. In the end....it is worth the effort. And guess I also want to put forth a question. What can we all do now to heal and move on? As i mentioned in all my posts. this incident really affected me. If we can't trust each other...who can we trust? And now...How do we heal? How can we trust again? And to the post that says she might sneak back in.....if she is the person she claims to be....and wants to be honest....and gain again everyones trust....why the need to "sneak back in?"

Guest Darlie
Laura made the right call in this matter. There are plenty of support sites on the web...I am sure that Edeyn will find another place to settle and make a home there and not repeat the same mistakes made here. Darlie I know you frequent another board...perhaps she can make a home there with you as her guide ?

I don't frequent Genderlife or any board any more , I am out in real life . Genderlife is no safer , it has been hit by real con artists, people who posted fake pictures, other peoples pictures. I know women who were taken for 1000's of dollars and I've been scammed myself . I had a 50 year old man who trying to meet me , telling me they were "androgynous " when they are bald old men with wives.

I came here because this is where the problem started. I'm not sure just a change of forum is the answer but that option I will offer that to Edeyn . Of course there will be no one there she helped so all they will know is the condemnation of her having made a grievous error. I'm of the belief that we aren't like the rest of America are we ? Dumping psych patients in bus depots and giving them tickets to another state ? Perhaps I'm wrong.

For those of you unsure of me.

My friend Christine by the way was struck by your "Abuse" section , it's a wonderful addition. We can all be terrified of what the outside world or we can do the right thing. Eden is trans , she is in trouble and whatever you all do, I have to follow my instincts. I wont abandon the real person.

Darlie

Guest Eagledancer

I can't help myself, and I have to reply. It is difficult to prove or disprove the existence or extent of this troubled person's mental state from over the internet or even the phone. MPD/DID is NOT a textbook "disorder". This is one diagnosis that actually is quiet orderly when kept in check. The problem arises when the "system" becomes fractured or disordered. Integration is a term used when the individual parts become one with the whole. This is the goal of treatment, but I challenge ANYONE including the MPD/DID God himself, Colin Ross, to prove that this has happened or that the results are permanent. I watched, first hand, the treatment of this disorder by this "expert" as an inpatient in one of his facilities over many months. My mind could NOT grasp the manipulation I witnessed by the program and the "expert". I now know that I should have never been subjected to this because my problems were far more physical.

If this poor person has been subjected to this type of mind-control, then she was probably led to believe that she was integrated or at least "co-conscious" and stable or high functioning. When "experts" need high percentages of success to sell books and be highly paid "expert witnesses" then there will be a plethora that fall through the cracks. Because of my first hand knowledge of this disorder and the methods used to "treat" it, I am not at all surprised or upset at what has transpired. All she can do is apologize and begin addressing again the issues that will bring her back on track. I refuse to be the "reformed crazy" and assume that because I am having a good day so should everyone else.

I know that no one can make me feel ANY emotion. My emotions come forth from my own control or lack of in any one given situation. I can be expended, used, or manipulated only if I allow it. What she has done is hers to own. Her existence doesn't hinge on my acceptance or refusal of the apology. I recognize that this is a real example of collateral damage that can only come from humans being more similar than different. The challenge to myself is to appreciate, whether it was real or not, the help she gave to those who were in need and to not let the last thing she did erase all of the good. Is she crying out? Most definitely. Can I stand in judgement of her actions? I cannot. She is still a sister. I agree totally that her abilty to post be hampered, but I cannot send out anger, hate or even indifference. I send to her an honest, heart-felt hug.

Guest Darlie
I think that she needs to be away from all of the Internet sites on trans issues and concentrate on gaining control over herself and her mind first - that is what is in her best interest.

Episodes of this nature and magnitude are clear danger signs and we cannot supply the type of help that she is crying out for.

Love ya,

Sally

I agree Sally. Myself , I think she needs to like Edeyn .

Guest (Lightsider)
I don't frequent Genderlife or any board any more , I am out in real life . Genderlife is no safer , it has been hit by real con artists, people who posted fake pictures, other peoples pictures. I know women who were taken for 1000's of dollars and I've been scammed myself . I had a 50 year old man who trying to meet me , telling me they were "androgynous " when they are bald old men with wives.

I came here because this is where the problem started. I'm not sure just a change of forum is the answer but that option I will offer that to Edeyn . Of course there will be no one there she helped so all they will know is the condemnation of her having made a grievous error. I'm of the belief that we aren't like the rest of America are we ? Dumping psych patients in bus depots and giving them tickets to another state ? Perhaps I'm wrong.

For those of you unsure of me.

My friend Christine by the way was struck by your "Abuse" section , it's a wonderful addition. We can all be terrified of what the outside world or we can do the right thing. Eden is trans , she is in trouble and whatever you all do, I have to follow my instincts. I wont abandon the real person.

Darlie

Well I have always liked you Darlie. I hope you can post here from time to time and feel safe. Laura does what she does for the whole of the community and it works. Edeyn made some serious mistakes...and Laura has made her decision and I will stand by her on that. If Edeyn is truly in trouble....you may be the best friend she has to count on. Just be careful hon.

Guest Darlie
As I recollect you were not protesting my banning when it happened or asking that I be forgiven. I too am trans.

Lol! Wait ! I missed this. I never , not once , asked that anyone be banned at Genderlife , nor have I rejoiced at anyones banning . In fact the chances are far greater I probably asked Calpernia NOT to ban you ! You clearly have me at a disadvantage here since you are using another alias and I am not. Care to reveal your name on that site ?