• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Edeyn Blackeney Apology Over Transgender Hoax Of Raychel Roo

Guest (Lightsider)
Lol! Wait ! I missed this. I never , not once , asked that anyone be banned at Genderlife , nor have I rejoiced at anyones banning . In fact the chances are far greater I probably asked Calpernia NOT to ban you ! You clearly have me at a disadvantage here since you are using another alias and I am not. Care to reveal your name on that site ?

Never said you asked me to be banned. But I don't remember you standing up and saying it was wrong. The point is I don't believe you to be a bad person. I just believe that in this case you should back down and trust that Laura knows what she is doing. If you believe in Edeyn be there for her as a friend because it looks like a closed deal here at these boards.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaryEllen

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

• Sakura

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Joe Cool

In my opionion... the apology letter is more fabrications. This is my opinion and reasoning behind how I came to my opinion. I am not a therapist, yet, however I do work in the field and have had my own experiences with mental health services. I personally know someone who is diagnosed with DID(dissociative identity disorder). It is not referred to as MPD any more. The understanding is that someone who suffers with this disorder suffered ETREME trauma at a very young age.It is during that time that in childhood that intelligent children are able to are able to escape their outside suffering by retreating to a safe place that gets created inside. This is known as dissociating. There is a spectrum of dissociation much like anything else. Any time that you have been driving and then suddenly realized that you missed your exit or have not been aware of the last X amount of time that you have been driving - you have been dissociating. Daydreaming is a form of dissociating. Everybody does it to varying degrees. In cases of extreme dissociating, people lose time or blackout and can't remember what has happened or what they did, said... In cases with DID patients it is believed that "alters" or other personalities are created to help the child survive the trauma or abuse. In many cases the individual does not know about the "alters" but is aware of losing time. This is generally a complaint in therapy. Many DID clients also run th spectum, much like everything else. Some are very erratic and seem to "switch" from one personality to the next. Some are doctors, lawyers, therapist, psychologist,... Some and most cases, you cannot tell when a "switch" has occured. This is the protective aspect of the disorder and what allowed the child to survive. It is a healthy coping system during the trauma but can become unhealthy or problematic for the individual as they continue with their life and move away from being in life threatening danger.

I am angered because individuals with DID often get misdiagnosed for years. In many cases they get diagnosed with schizophrenia or other disorders. There is a lot of sceptism among psychatrists if the disorder even really exists. It does exist and this lack of acknowledgment is what perpetuates individuals from receiving adequate care. Once a diagnosis is finally made correctly, many professionals are not adequately trained or educated on the subject. They let their own biases get in the way. There are few services available to offer help and even less resourses. There is such a stigma for individuals with DID that many deny they have it and those that do let others known are often treated as liars. If you tell a therapist that you have been diagnosed with schizophrenia, they believe you. If you tell a therapist that you have DID they ask why do you think you have DID? DID is potrayed badly in media and is usually faked for gaining something. Like the movie Primal Fear or many television episodes, this does happen. This also causes hardship for those who do have it.

People with DID can be very successful. NFL star Herschel Walker talks about his own struggle with DID. He has his personal history and his professional. He was a star professional athlete. Many DID patients through years of therapy and support live productive happy lives. It is rare because it often goes misdiagnosed. Like Transgendered people often feel we are are the bottom of a stigmatizes class so do many individuals with DID. It is the most controversial mental disorder. They receive guff from people inside and outside the profession. Many times they are told they are faking or looking for attention by loved ones. The can feel like outcasts.

This is why the letter angers me. "Edeyen" states that she had completed integration. *This can only happen after years of therapy if ever. Some individuals choose not to integrate but learn to communicate and function as a system or internal family. Even after integration it is common for integrated "alters" to reappear. "Edeyn" states that she knew "Roo" but only in communicating with her. *Co-consciousness would allow her to talk to "alter" but this is not what she describes. She says now that "Roo" is gone and realizes she is not "real" but suddenly has all the memories of the interactions that "Roo" had and feels her connection to the friends of "Roo". It has only been a few days since the external "death of Roo" and internal integration. All of this not under a therapist care. She wants to make ammends and come back. Usually the process of integration is one over time and not impulsive or spontanious. There was a reason for the creation of an "alter" and they need to explain that purpose before they can be integrated. There is no mention of this happening.

For those on this site who do have DID, I am sorry for any hurtful or angry feelings or comments that have surfaced. I appreciate you coming forward to explain this and your experiences. I hope that I have given useful information for those who do not understand DID and explained why I do not believe "Edeyn" suffers from DID. There are several books that are excellent resources Breaking Free by Herschel Walker, A Fractured Mind by Robert B. Oxnam - these were witten by individuals with DID who live successful lives and offer their personal experiences. The Stranger In the Mirror by Marlene Steinberg, M.D. and Maxine Schnall and The Dissociative Identity Disorder Sourcebook by Deborah Bray Haddock, M.D., M.Ed., M.A. L.P are excellentresources for individuals and professionlas treating individuals with DID.

Maybe "Edeyn" could get back in on the site. If she were truly sorry then she would respect the wishes of Laura and the members she hurt. She would want to give time for those individuals to heal and get the support they need to recover from the hurt "Edeyn" caused. One of the things that have come out of this is the staff's conviction to keep the site safe. The staff and members alike will keep an eye out. If she did come back as someone else and that was found out then it would certainly dicredit her apology or that what she didn't know what she was doing was wrong. I would think that would further complicate the trouble she is in now and any leniency that would be showed to her.

I am just one guy offering my thoughts. I am certainly capable of forgiveness. I don't forget. I also take the well being of all of the members into account. I care for all of you and am genuine with my concern and care for all of you. Although this is a Transgender support site, this site offers support for individuals with eating disorders, substance abuse problems, individuals of hate crimes , sexual abuse survivors,- those are also our members. I am dedicated to helping everyone who comes here in need of suppot and making sure that Laura's Playground remains safe and respectful for all members of the Transgendered Community and receive support for all issues affecting theiir lives.

Joe

Guest Justme

Hey Joe. Great post. I do agree that if Edeyn wants to come back...she needs to make some big amends. And that is the right thing to do if you are looking to be a person of integrity. It might take some hard work to regain trust from the community. but if she is a person of integrity..that is what she will do.

Guest Darlie
Never said you asked me to be banned. But I don't remember you standing up and saying it was wrong.

I just got your PM and you are one of the ones I asked Roxanne not to ban. Funny huh :)

You've forgotten Roxanne and her giant club . After a huge fuss Roxy jumps in says "I'm in the mood to hand out vacations so anybody who continues they are gone". This kind of removes the opportunity for post event summary so I never put appeals on the board there unless there is a really good reason , I do it by PM to the administrators . In this case it is the membership that suffered and I feel Laura is acting for their protection. In a sense I'm not really talking to Laura, I'm talking to all of you. Especially the ones that Rachel helped.

The point is I don't believe you to be a bad person. I just believe that in this case you should back down and trust that Laura knows what she is doing. If you believe in Edeyn be there for her as a friend because it looks like a closed deal here at these boards.

Back down ?! Careful with the loaded straw men my darling . Not now or have I have accused Laura of " not knowing what she is doing " nor have I challenged her . In fact I think you will find quite the opposite. When the controversy broke some smarmy TS on facebook started to do this "faux" snickering about Laura's and I blocked her behind faster than you can blink . I've no patience for anyone who enjoys the suffering of others and especially not those who ridicule those trying to help the damaged among us . Please characterize my respect properly in the future as I expect no one else to follow .

Guest Ryles_D

I hope they can work out their system so things are more ordered and workable. Being multiple can be wonderful, MPD/DID can be a complete nightmare.

Guest (Lightsider)
I just got your PM and you are one of the ones I asked Roxanne not to ban. Funny huh :)

You've forgotten Roxanne and her giant club . After a huge fuss Roxy jumps in says "I'm in the mood to hand out vacations so anybody who continues they are gone". This kind of removes the opportunity for post event summary so I never put appeals on the board there unless there is a really good reason , I do it by PM to the administrators . In this case it is the membership that suffered and I feel Laura is acting for their protection. In a sense I'm not really talking to Laura, I'm talking to all of you. Especially the ones that Rachel helped.

Back down ?! Careful with the loaded straw men my darling . Not now or have I have accused Laura of " not knowing what she is doing " nor have I challenged her . In fact I think you will find quite the opposite. When the controversy broke some smarmy TS on facebook started to do this "faux" snickering about Laura's and I blocked her behind faster than you can blink . I've no patience for anyone who enjoys the suffering of others and especially not those who ridicule those trying to help the damaged among us . Please characterize my respect properly in the future as I expect no one else to follow .

Thank you for clearing up your position at genderlife...and THANK YOU for standing up for me. Yes I read your PM. :-) While I agree that Laura's position on this matter is as it should be...there is no denying the fact that you are a good person with a good heart. Edeyn should be grateful to have a friend like you. The playground is a wonderful place for those damaged among us. How many lives has it saved? I would venture MANY.

Welcome to the playground hon.

Guest Darlie
How many lives has it saved? I would venture MANY.

Welcome to the playground hon.

As would I , as would I . If we try we can do anything together. Thank you for the welcome !

Hugs !

Darlie

Guest Missundaztood

I liked Raychel, so I'm sad that she was created & wasn't actually real. She was a good mod, so Edeyn could have been too.

Unfortunately I have difficulty buying this condition in her case. Mostly because it was easily turned off to write an apology. This implies being in total control, and to me that gives her full responsibility for her actions over the last year.

I hope she finds the help she needs, she obviously has issues and needs help to work on them.

Missundaztood

• Root Admin
Hey Joe. Great post. I do agree that if Edeyn wants to come back...she needs to make some big amends. And that is the right thing to do if you are looking to be a person of integrity. It might take some hard work to regain trust from the community. but if she is a person of integrity..that is what she will do.

My suspicious mind is telling me that Edeyn is already here. Is anyone else picking up on what I'm seeing? PM me if you do.

MaryEllen

Guest Zabrak

All I have to say is I think this letter is a lie and I think our lier is still here.

Perhaps we didn't just find a hoax, we found a obsessive compulsive liar thats not done here yet.

Guest Martin

Yup, I am. I've been suspicious for a while. But honestly, there's more important things than this drama. There's legitimate questions to answer and real people to support. I'm still hoping IP addresses are being logged, though.

There is a actual condition wherein some folks who have DID also have schitzophrenia and can see personas as outside themself its known as Halucinative Schitzophrenic DID and is much rarer than the normal version of DID .. now whether this is indeed what Edeyn has or not I would not be the person to say ... but I find it interesting that only a few days ago I mentioned it to Laura and Edeyn comes out with statement of almost similar to what I stated. In cases of such its not uncommon for one to actually perceive characters from a book as real and assume in each persona a character which to the person seems as real as another person .. they will see the person as a actual flesh person even tho the person is only part of their minds perceptions caused by one of the personalities and since Edeyn actually writes TG stories herself if indeed she has this diagnosis .. then she would in fact assume roles of characters from her own stories just as easily as from any other book. While she said she is diagnosed as a functional DID .. she may not actually fully understand the diagnosis she has (if indeed it is her diagnosis) .. and while its true that persons with this are functional .. they are also quite disabled by this and often can cause others to fall victim to their personas as was the case on LP chat over Raychel.

Monica_Jennifer_VP

• Root Admin
I'm still hoping IP addresses are being logged, though.

Anyone who posts has their IP logged with every post they make.

MaryEllen

Guest S. Chrissie
There is a actual condition wherein some folks who have DID also have schitzophrenia and can see personas as outside themself its known as Halucinative Schitzophrenic DID and is much rarer than the normal version of DID .. now whether this is indeed what Edeyn has or not I would not be the person to say ... but I find it interesting that only a few days ago I mentioned it to Laura and Edeyn comes out with statement of almost similar to what I stated. In cases of such its not uncommon for one to actually perceive characters from a book as real and assume in each persona a character which to the person seems as real as another person .. they will see the person as a actual flesh person even tho the person is only part of their minds perceptions caused by one of the personalities and since Edeyn actually writes TG stories herself if indeed she has this diagnosis .. then she would in fact assume roles of characters from her own stories just as easily as from any other book. While she said she is diagnosed as a functional DID .. she may not actually fully understand the diagnosis she has (if indeed it is her diagnosis) .. and while its true that persons with this are functional .. they are also quite disabled by this and often can cause others to fall victim to their personas as was the case on LP chat over Raychel.

Monica_Jennifer_VP

I find that interesting too Monica. DID after that fast. But then, things still doesn't add up

*Co-consciousness would allow her to talk to "alter"

Is it possible to talk to your "alter" on the phone and still type in chat telling us you are talking on the phone?

*shrugs*

Maybe I should listen to someone when she said I should just leave these all behind, but I am a psychology student, I can't help it <_<

Sherlyn

Guest Joe Cool

If you are quoting from my post that co-consciousness would allow a person to talk to an "alter" then I also included that was not what she explained or I beleived to be the case with "Edeyn".

I personally don't believe anything she says. I think she is manipulative and will eventually be caught.

According to Darlie, "Edeyn" is here and reading what is being written. She says that she has spoken to "Edeyn" and that is what she was told.

If that is the case, "Edeyn" come clean. If what you say is true then why lie about who you are, sneak in, and have other people speak for you. I would propose that if a member knows that a member is not who they say they are or know under which name "Edeyn" is then share that with a moderator.

I continue to feel badly for those who have been hurt by this.

Joe

Guest Zoe Brain
If the MPD is indeed true then this person needs help, if it was a stunt to get attention then this person needs help and if it was done to hurt us then this person needs help.

I guess that sums it up, this person needs professional help.

Yes, and help we are unqualified to give here. She's sick. She needs really advanced professional help. We can't give it.

Her condition makes her emotionally toxic, and a danger to those in a fragile emotional state. She must be quarantined so no more damage is done, until she becomes well.

Forgiveness doesn't enter into it, there's nothing to forgive. Just avoid her like the plague until she heals. We're not equipped to do anything else.

keepin this short. I was devasted about hearing about the death as much as anyone else here, but Ive gotten over it, especially after hearign that she really isn't dead. this Edeyn was a model chatter and great teen mentor. She lied about her past, faked her death, then apologized. no one was hurt. people say they were hurt emotionally... so wut. get over it. people lie allll the time on the internet. people also lie all the time on here. As a frequent chatter, I've come across many people who lie about their backrounds and their transitional experience. everyone wants to be liked and adored, and some people lie so that people will look up to them and chat with them. Edeyn says she has DID which caused her to lie without her realizing it. why shouldn't you believe her? you can't say because she lied so many other times, because her condition makes her innocent. plus why would anyone chat here for a year and be such a great moderator only for malicious intent. I see NO malicious intent here, and those who think that they were wronged in some way. you all need to grow up and learn how to forgive and forget.

Edeyn is no more guilty of pretending to be Raychel online than a non-transitioned TG person is guilty of pretending to be the opposite gender online (which we all know is perfectly acceptable)

also, I was the one who cried my eyes out and relapsed and popped a bunch of hydromorphone after hearing of Raychel's death because I had argued with her the night before she died. I was hurt. I was also hurt and felt betrayed when I heard of the lie, but I was relieved too. Now I feel sorry for Edeyn for having DID (whether it be true or not) and I think she should be allowed to chat here. She actually needs help more than most people here , which I hate to admit.

she is still my friend dammit and I will defend her. She needs all of our support and help. she is TS and deserves the right to be accepted here, despite her faults and condition. We have dealt with much worse problems on this site, so lets deal with this one in a fair and respectable manner.

also, sorry for sounding mean. I hate to sound mean :(

Guest Elizabeth K

I have been out of town for three days so my reply is late.

The Edeyn Blackney can be googled. Look under Top Shelf.

Read her blog, read her stories.

THE SUPPOSED APOLOGY IS MORE HOAX!

She 'uses' us to research for her transgender fiction. I won't make a direct claim but she is here in this thread poking more fun at us.

She should be sorry for what she did - she isn't. Crying and puking - give me a break! Lies and more lies.

I don't hate her personally, but I hate that kind of behavior - evil of the worst kind.

Lizzy

Guest Darlie
All I have to say is I think this letter is a lie and I think our lier is still here.

Perhaps we didn't just find a hoax, we found a obsessive compulsive liar thats not done here yet.

Possibly but keep in mind she is totally caught . We have vids of her , her IP, her name , I've got her stuff ( all in the same name with all the addresses ) but I'm not letting them out . It's her and she handed it over to us by giving us her real name. Yes, she read the replies but ...... so would you if you felt totally hated. This isn't some cackling hater trying to bring down the trans community , this is a sister in trouble. Oh one more thing, she is a baby , a total sweetie pie . The more of her vids I watch , the more I like her. You all should look at them if you have the patience . The average number of total views probably averages around 61 for 6 months . No one is ever in her video's with her ever . I can see a whole ton more that I wont discuss it.

She is a cute adorable kid who made a major mistake trying to be someone ideal. There was nothing in her letters to me that wasn't remorse filled self loathing and after her personal vids I believe every word . Anyway , to me there is no where else to go here , I'm done on this thread. Lightsider wonderful to reconnect .

Guest Zabrak

I'm sure she gave out the info(which has been removed due to the new rule about facebook exc..) for attention. There is no logical reason to give out all of that info after you made a lot of people mad.

What is clear to me is she is not sorry. If you're really sorry about something you did you don't lie more to try to get yourself out of it and have people feel sorry for you at the same time. This only shows her character even more - a lack of empathy for others and more of a concern about oneself.

She may be a nice person, but that changes nothing about being untrustworthy and attention addicted.

Guest pattib

I have taken more than a day to attempt to process the rage and disgust that consumed me as I got further into the post by this 'Edeyn' person. I feel as though a lot of the profanity and uber vile comments from within my mind and soul have dramatically reduced and I am ready to share a slightly more mature expression of my thoughts on the subject.

Through both my personal and professional life I have had the honor and privilege to know several people who live with the diagnosis of DID, dissociative identity disorder.

If I were asked to put money on whether or not this 'Edeyn' person was someone who is living with mental illness that potentially prevents them from knowing all the details of what goes on in their day to day life or if this person was a conniving liar who was working on an elaborate lie with the ultimate intent of emotionally harming an already very vulnerable group of people who believed that they had found a safe haven where they could express their true selves, I would go with . . .

HOW DARE YOU 'EDEYN', OR WHOEVER YOU REALLY ARE, MALICIOUSLY TARGET HUMAN BEINGS WHO ARE LOOKING TO EXPERIENCE THE COMMON RESPECT AND HUMANITIES THAT IS OFTEN NOT GIVEN TO THEM IN THEIR DAY TO DAY LIVES!

MAY THE KARMA WHEEL RETURN TO YOU ALL THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE BESTOWED UPON OTHERS.

I personally think your actions were and continue to be really jerky.

Guest pattib
Possibly but keep in mind she is totally caught . We have vids of her , her IP, her name , I've got her stuff ( all in the same name with all the addresses ) but I'm not letting them out . It's her and she handed it over to us by giving us her real name. Yes, she read the replies but ...... so would you if you felt totally hated. This isn't some cackling hater trying to bring down the trans community , this is a sister in trouble. Oh one more thing, she is a baby , a total sweetie pie . The more of her vids I watch , the more I like her. You all should look at them if you have the patience . The average number of total views probably averages around 61 for 6 months . No one is ever in her video's with her ever . I can see a whole ton more that I wont discuss it.

She is a cute adorable kid who made a major mistake trying to be someone ideal. There was nothing in her letters to me that wasn't remorse filled self loathing and after her personal vids I believe every word . Anyway , to me there is no where else to go here , I'm done on this thread. Lightsider wonderful to reconnect .

Are you serious?

No, really . . . you seem to have a lot of inside information . . . what's up with that?

Guest Zabrak
Are you serious?

No, really . . . you seem to have a lot of inside information . . . what's up with that?

Thats a answer we all already know. But it is up to this person to publicize it and come clean.