• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Long Live The King

Guest Melanie Dawn

As the report that I have seen is not offical, I will wait to book my pilgramage to the Never Never Land Ranch (I still haven't made it to Graceland) it does seem as though he has passed away.

I was not so much a fan of his music or his bizarre behavior, I was in awe of his mental abilities - he had the amazingly talented Quincy Jones produce one of his best selling albums - "Billie Jean" had that signature "Q-sound" so did the next album, but Jackson produced that one himself - just one time working with Quincy and he had it down - that was his true talent.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Melanieshaman
As the report that I have seen is not offical, I will wait to book my pilgramage to the Never Never Land Ranch (I still haven't made it to Graceland) it does seem as though he has passed away.

I was not so much a fan of his music or his bizarre behavior, I was in awe of his mental abilities - he had the amazingly talented Quincy Jones produce one of his best selling albums - "Billie Jean" had that signature "Q-sound" so did the next album, but Jackson produced that one himself - just one time working with Quincy and he had it down - that was his true talent.

Love ya,

Sally

CNN.com made it official for me a little while ago.

Guest Leigh

:(

i'm so sad.

i almost cried (really)

RIP Michael.

i don't care what people said about you, you had a hard life, and you deserve to rest soundly.

we love you. rest well.

peace&love

leigh

Guest Neuro

Even if there were some things about his personal life I wasn't crazy about, his preforming and voice were legendary and incredible. And from such an early age, too!!

When I found out we had the same first and middle name (Michael Joseph) I was stunned too, I had no idea.

RIP to the King of Pop, hats off to you. I hope he is able to rest in peace, maybe there really is a Never-Neverland out there somewhere.

Guest ~Brenda~

I remember when I was a kid (and so was Michael) having my AM transistor radio tuned to WLS Chicago and always waited to hear the Jackson Five with Michael Jackson belting the best songs an 10 year old could hear and identify with.

A B C, 1 2 3, Do re mi, baby you and me...

Gosh those were the days

bernii

I think that for our community losing the King of Pop is something that we will feel deeply.

While he never did anything to say that he was a part of our community, he certainly did have to put up with all of the same kind of treatment that we do.

He was an outcast even at the height of his musical career and popularity.

I always saw him as a tortured soul rather than a freak or a wierdo.

I hope that you now can truly Rest in Peace.

Good Bye Michael, I hope that you have finally found happiness and understaning.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest NaomiP

I actually cried when I heard the official report.

I don't care what people say about him, and even if he did what they say he did, I'll always see him as a legend.

May he rest in peace, and may his legendary music and style live on.

while there may have been some .. er... questionable things to do with his personal life, there is no denying that he was a legend, a musical genius, a hell of a dancer and a human being just like the rest of us.

maybe now he's got some well deserved peace after all those years in the spotlight.

rip michael.

Guest Eva Jean

I remember beig a little kid and watching a michael jackson concert on tape during class. Everyone wanted to be like him. Then the stuff hit the thing and all my friends decided he was a freak and a bad musician. I was always a supporter, his music was great and he was a hero to me for his ability to stand through all the bad stuff in his childhood, through all the accusations and still perform. When I found out this morning I was at the store in a free period from school. I saw the headline and pretty much left wimpering. My friends couldn't care less which hurt me.

I hope right now he's somewhere with Jesus and Ghandi, re-enacting "Thriller". He'll be missed.

Guest Zabrak

I don't know much about MJ. The main thing I remember about him is on one of the "Scary movies" number 4 I think? MJ randomly runs across the screen and steals a child.

Although I'm sure he was a good guy, and I hope he rests in peace.

Guest Joe Cool

I can't say I was a huge fan but I know that this has really upset a lot of people. This is my attempt at a tribute:

Michael Jackson knew a lot about "Human Nature". Some of his behavior could seem "Off The Wall" and at times he seemed to be a "Smooth Criminal" and made you want to "Scream". Take into account he didn't have the choice to live "In The Closet" and grew up with no "Privacy". He started at a young age "Working Day and Night". Maybe his excuse "I Can't Help It" got old but at least he didn't "Blame It On The Boogie". Some might consider his antics "Dangerous" and grew tired of giving him "One More Chance".

"Whatever Happens", you can't dispute his title as the King of Pop is "Unbreakable". He was a "Dancing Machine" who was always willing to "Rock With You".

"One Day In Your Life" you realize that you are not "Invincible". He comforted us by letting us know that "You Are Not Alone" and "I'll Be There" for you. He asked "Will You Be There"?, "Why You Wanna Trip On Me"?, and do you really "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"? He let us know that Billie Jean" was not his lover but a "Pretty Young Thing". He told fans "You Rock My World" because of "The Way You Make Me Feel".

He taught us some important lessons like it doesn't matter if you're "Black Or White", "We Are The World", and we have the power to "Heal The World". He encouraged us "Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough". He taught us to "Never Say Goodbye". Years from now, people will ask "Remember The Time" when Michael Jackson died. Most will be able to say that he was an icon that was "Gone Too Soon". A lot of fans will be able to identify with saying "I Just Can't Stop Loving You".

A christian may believe that he is now able to "Ease Down The Road" to the Pearly Gates and be welcomed by angels doing his "Thriller" routine. Now he can rest in peace!

I know that this is a really "Bad" tribute! :P

Joe

Guest pattib
I can't say I was a huge fan but I know that this has really upset a lot of people. This is my attempt at a tribute:

Michael Jackson knew a lot about "Human Nature". Some of his behavior could seem "Off The Wall" and at times he seemed to be a "Smooth Criminal" and made you want to "Scream". Take into account he didn't have the choice to live "In The Closet" and grew up with no "Privacy". He started at a young age "Working Day and Night". Maybe his excuse "I Can't Help It" got old but at least he didn't "Blame It On The Boogie". Some might consider his antics "Dangerous" and grew tired of giving him "One More Chance".

"Whatever Happens", you can't dispute his title as the King of Pop is "Unbreakable". He was a "Dancing Machine" who was always willing to "Rock With You".

"One Day In Your Life" you realize that you are not "Invincible". He comforted us by letting us know that "You Are Not Alone" and "I'll Be There" for you. He asked "Will You Be There"?, "Why You Wanna Trip On Me"?, and do you really "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"? He let us know that Billie Jean" was not his lover but a "Pretty Young Thing". He told fans "You Rock My World" because of "The Way You Make Me Feel".

He taught us some important lessons like it doesn't matter if you're "Black Or White", "We Are The World", and we have the power to "Heal The World". He encouraged us "Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough". He taught us to "Never Say Goodbye". Years from now, people will ask "Remember The Time" when Michael Jackson died. Most will be able to say that he was an icon that was "Gone Too Soon". A lot of fans will be able to identify with saying "I Just Can't Stop Loving You".

A christian may believe that he is now able to "Ease Down The Road" to the Pearly Gates and be welcomed by angels doing his "Thriller" routine. Now he can rest in peace!

I know that this is a really "Bad" tribute! :P

Joe

wow.

yeah . . . wow . . . huh . . . hmmm . . . .

Guest pattib

That last post by me was a bit harsh. Sorry Joe Cool.

It really is impressive that you were able to incorperate all those song titles into a tribute. I will need to raise my game with the word play now.

-pattib

Guest Quinn

Hah, Joe, that was pretty cool, actually.

I was definitely floored when my cousin's girlfriend got a text from my aunt saying Michael had died. We didn't believe it for the longest time until we finally had acces to a computer or a TV. So sudden, and young, too...

No matter what Michael may or may not have done in his life, the facts will never be known for sure after all, he was an influence to so many. He encouraged so many people into dancing, into music, and even if you just liked listening, he gave everyone a song to smile and belt along to if needed. From the very beginning he had a pretty rough and crazy ride of a life, and like everyone else has said, I'm hoping he's finally getting a chance to rest now. You kind of take people like Michael being alive for granted, and it's definitely a shock when they leave so suddenly. I really give his children my best, his family and friends too. RIP, man.

Guest CharlieRose

I enjoyed all the tribute music on the radio. My little sister has been watching him on youtube since last night, "Woah, he's a good dancer!" She's watching Thriller now. Great singer, amazing dancer.

Guest IGotThatGoodGood

I feel for the Jackson family. He died so sudden a legend very sad.

I'm very sad that my girl Farrah died. Omg I loved her and I loved her hair on charlie's Angels.