• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Are Some Of Your Beauty Secrets

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Concealer and a stick foundation works for me to cover beard shadow.

Oh and a nice berry shade of lipstick, since red is very difficult to wear effectively (for me anyway).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest darlene lynn

Laura

facial make up that matches your skin tone......I see so many girls that wear totally wrong shades of make up for their skin..or to much make up...I like simplicity...liquid foundation,lite powder,eye brow pencil,mascara,earth tone eye shadow.....And one Ive had a really hard time doing is dressing my age group..I want to be thirty again..

LOL

Darlene Lynnette

• 1 month later...
Guest Isabella

Laser hair removal in place of electrolosis(except for eyebrows), I was lead to believe laser wasn't perm, but at least in my case it was & much less painful!

Guest ~Brenda~
What are some of your beauty secrets? Share them here.

Laura

Clean hair. Sweet scent. Staying thin. Smooth skin. Attitude!!!

You know when people want you :)

Brenda

Personally I am trying to bring back hats with veils!

Taking care of two problem areas, my hairline and my face!

I use very little make up, and none on my eyes, because I just can't get it right.

Love ya,

Sally

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Amanda joan

I use Ben Nye theatrical make up. I start with a conceler on my beard and uper lip I let that set for about ten minutes. This is a good time to do your nails. Then I put on my cover up. I also love what rough does for my cheeks. I smile big and start where my cheeks peak near my nose and make a V shape back toward my ear. Than I put some on my chin to balance the color. Next I move to the eyes. I start with eye liner just under the lower lid. The I aply some green to the part of my eye lid nearest the lashes. The upper part I use purple pulling the color just outside of my eye brow. I finish with mascara focusing on getting it even to the ends upper and lower. The last thing I do is put a little rough between my bbreast to enhance the clevage. This gives the appearence of depth.

The last thing I do is powder my nose and cheek with a clear power on a puff pad. Remember to do the mascara after the eye shadow. This is improtant if you have eye lids like min that you have to hold down to apply eye shadow to them.

Last improtant note make sure you have make up remover pads or lotion and nail polish remover. Eye liner can be hard to remove so be patient and gental with your eyes.

I hope you will play with these suggests and find a look that works for you. I love my look and when I am driving and get stopped by a red light, I pull down the sun visor and look in the mirror and love what I see.

Happy times

Amanda Joan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Waterproof mascara!

and don't forget to buy a bottle of eye makeup remover since you'll need that to take off said mascara.

(and some cottonballs if you don't currently have some. and I had to squish those words together to avoid the word filter and seeing "cotton testicles" :huh: )

• 1 month later...
Guest MissAmy
Concealer and a stick foundation works for me to cover beard shadow.

Oh and a nice berry shade of lipstick, since red is very difficult to wear effectively (for me anyway).

red is very overrated, red is very unnatural.

Guest erikka2046

This is a good topic! I try to use makeup a little bit and as natural as possible.

I use Shiseido concealers, one match my skin tone for beard shadow, and blue, green and purple one if my skin have red spots, yellow spots ...etc. After that, I use liquid foundation a bit sparingly over the whole face.

For eyes, I use eyeliner pencils for the water lines first, then over the eyelines. I use eyelash curlers to set the eyeslashes for the right curve, then use a bit mascara to set them and use curlers again. Eyeshadows I use a bit to make the eyes bigger and more lively.

I use both eyebrow pencils and eyebrow powder cause only eyebrow pencil makes my eyebrows too bold. A blend of them looks more natural.

After everything is done, I use transparent powder with a puff to set the makeup and use a large brush to remove excessive powder. It can last for the whole day and help control my face oil from coming out.

I use lipgloss mostly and the colour depends on my mood or colour of clothes.

Makeup remover I use Laroche Posay with cotton pads.

Skin care after a day of makeup is very important for me. After face wash, I use deep cleaning lotion and balancing lotion to refresh and tighten my skin. The last thing before my beauty sleep is eye cream and night cream. That sounds like a lot....

Luv

Erikka :)

What a great topic! Here are some non-cosmetic tips:

1) regular exercise is the best to give your skin a healthy, natural glow.

2) your hair--the right style and cut for your face shape and right color to set off your eyes and skin tone. (I wear a wig like my bio sister's natural hair-- she was a Miss Oregon finalist and we look a lot alike)

3)wearing the right colors for you. I have a book on the subject which breaks your flattering colors down to "winter" (thats me) summer, spring and autumn (you natural red-heads), especially the colors you wear next to your face. BTW it is impossible to tell the right colors for you in the artificial store lights. As a winter I can wear black and navy and love a peacock blue. Olives, yellows and oranges are for you autumn girls--they look absolutely drab on me!!

4) I think staying thin is a matter of taste. I love having a Rubens female figure with big hips and big breasts! ala Mae West!!! When I started wanting to be attractive to men as a woman I was way less concerned about being thin.

5) Lizzy---you said it-- a great smile is the best beauty secret!!

ricka

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

One of my best kept beauty secrets that has helped me bunches is simply when makeup shopping enlist the help of one of your friends who you think does an amazing job with her makeup. If she has that good of an eye to know what colors work for her she can most likely help you find colors that will work for you.

Even if she's not physically with you, ask her what she thinks your skin tone is and what colors she thinks would work best for you.

• 1 month later...

Hi Laura,

One of the best tips ever,,,look after your skin (face). 8 glasses of water a day

to properly hydrate . Exfoliate on a regular basis. Get a good night time moisturisor .

USE AT LEAST SPF20. Good quality toner . Dont eat idiot food, that shows in 2 places ,

Face and Belly. Luv, (Gunnery Sargent hehe) viv :)